Dist 4-A! How do you see it ending up?

superdaveosborne

Well well Wartburg has problems too. Lets see!!!!!!! If a player of a school broad member doesn't get playing time it will have a impact on how he votes. So here we go again a Coach is under pressure by playing the daughter of the school broad member (not enough time Coach Davis Dad will not get the votes). Sound like the same topic about the Sunbright Coach about how parents controls Coaches.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulldogplayermom, you are right there is two board members that have a girl playing on the wartburg team. I heard on WECO radio that one of the board members which is from the Wartburg District, has supported Mike Davis from day one was the one that made the motion to extend the contract and was seconded by the sunbright member, they only two that voted to extend the contract according to the radio.

Superdave, we can only hope that this does not affect Jason and the girls because they need to be left alone and not be seconded guess by Mr. Dallas Davis, you are right that the wartburg girls would not have made it to the state tournment if Mr. Dallas Davis was coaching last year. I also heard that the other board member that was just elected this past August from the PJ Mossy Grove area was asked if he would vote for Mike Davis and he always said he would until he voted. He has been gotten to by the former "Legend" and was not able to vote for the contract, he does have a daughter that playes for JD.

It will take alot of work to keep the girls focused on the game and not on politics which should never come in play.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Man....by hook or by crook! What is a person to do. You all know I have no dog in the arena, but I am somewhat puzzled by the events as I read them. Does this lack of confidence in the present administrator mean that J. Davis loses his job, too? Would he not continue to gardner support from the community if he continues to succeed with the girls program? Does the board have ample justification for wanting to reinstate D. Davis, just because he desires to coach again? I'm not a lawyer (and I never wanted to be), but it would seem such "politics" among the board would bring intense public backlash to the men or women on it. Didn't Knoxville have a rampant government problem with elitism on it's commision? Somebody needs to watch their ego...some young kids are being thrown in front of the bus. (not to mention some coaches and "underlings") I can't ever understand how the public has no voice in matters that really affect their children. By the way, I don't even begin to know what the solution is?!?! Shoot if Dallas was so intent on coaching again....couldn't he have take the job a few weeks ago at Sunbright? Just a thought. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Hope everybody gets a peaceful resolution to all this....it doesn't appear, IMO, that they will.

Kaz

Oliver Springs for number 1 pick in 4-A. With returning senior Kayla Christopher they will have a tough offensive team that will compete for the Class A title. But like last year at MTSU in March, one player can't win it all by themselves. It takes the whole team to go all the way and bring home the gold, EVEN if it's just the district title!

I stand corrected on my earlier prediction about Wartburg's second place finish in the district.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that the coaching situation in Wartburg isn't any better. Coach Davis is probably on his way out at the end of the year since the school board voted his dads contract extension down last night.

The main reason that he was voted out as I was told was so Dallas Davis could return to the sidelines.

Now, I'm a passive observer of the Wartburg program being an Oakdale fan and former parent, I would welcome DD back in a heart beat. We might have got to go to state last year if he had been there!

I will now say that wartburg will finish 4th at best. I know that Jason stood up to all the turmoil in Wartburg a year ago but he would have to be something close to superman to make it this year. Nobody not even JD can hold up under the usual pressures of coaching combined with fighting their own administration / board members and be successful. It's a sad situation for him and in my opinion the girls. They seem to play hard for him and enjoy being around him!

Playermom,

I would love to hear your take on this development. What are the parents on the team feeling? How do you think the girl's will respond? I also heard that one of the board members has a daughter playing for Jason, Does she get to play or is her lack of playing time possibly a factor in the way the vote went down?

I am another player mom new to this forum but as I read I can see you all get off on bashing someone/anyone before you are aware of the whole story. Let me ask you this. What if the voting decision made by this new board member was made due to his constituents in the 6th district, asking him to find a way to be able to vote for a superintendent or director of schools instead of appointment and the only way that can happen is if the position is declared open for qualified applicants to apply for the position so that the public is aware of what is out there to choose from? Mr. Mike Davis was asked to submit his application for the open position, in no way was he excluded from applying for the job again, but he adamantly refused to apply for the position. What if the new board member is trying to think about the WHOLE school system, not just his district? The new board member did not nor will ever involve his daughter in any decision made for the school system. If his daughter gets playing time it will be by her own EARNED merits not because of a decision to be made on the school board. You all seem to forget that it takes more than one board member not to renew a contract. It takes either a tie or majority vote to open up the position. The decision was 4-2. The new board member is ONLY ONE VOTE. The other 3 votes were from other board members whom have worked with Mr. Davis for several years. Why did they vote not to extend the contract? Why is there integrity or character not being questioned? Just some thoughts...maybe you might consider.

I am another player mom new to this forum but as I read I can see you all get off on bashing someone/anyone before you are aware of the whole story. Let me ask you this. What if the voting decision made by this new board member was made due to his constituents in the 6th district, asking him to find a way to be able to vote for a superintendent or director of schools instead of appointment and the only way that can happen is if the position is declared open for qualified applicants to apply for the position so that the public is aware of what is out there to choose from? Mr. Mike Davis was asked to submit his application for the open position, in no way was he excluded from applying for the job again, but he adamantly refused to apply for the position. What if the new board member is trying to think about the WHOLE school system, not just his district? The new board member did not nor will ever involve his daughter in any decision made for the school system. If his daughter gets playing time it will be by her own EARNED merits not because of a decision to be made on the school board. You all seem to forget that it takes more than one board member not to renew a contract. It takes either a tie or majority vote to open up the position. The decision was 4-2. The new board member is ONLY ONE VOTE. The other 3 votes were from other board members whom have worked with Mr. Davis for several years. Why did they vote not to extend the contract? Why is there integrity or character not being questioned? Just some thoughts...maybe you might consider.

WBSOFTBALL

You stated that the new board members constituents wanted another way of getting a new director, to me this needs to be addressed with the state rep. not the school board. The state if I am correct passed a law that all superintendent will be appointed not elected by popular vote, which I think is a very big mistake on the states part.

You must be a WIFE of a board member, the radio did not say anything about Mr. Davis being able to submit his application for this again, why would he want to do that when they must not have any confidence in him. One of the board members that was on the radio that voted for him stated that all the board members but one gave Mr. Davis an above standard evulation every year. This seems to alot that I have talked to this past weekend that Mr. Dallas Davis is still angry at not being able to coach. This should not ever come in to play with any of the ball teams kids in anyway shape form or fashion

Has it ever occured to you people that the only reason Jason Davis has the job of HEAD coach @ Wartburg is because his father is the Director of Schools??? Another question I have is, What playing expirence does J. Davis have??? From what I understand and have heard it's absolutly NOTHING!! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

It is sad to say but I don't see this being a problem for the team. These girls love and enjoy playing for Coach J. Davis and have been in this situation for longer than I care to mention.

The team will be fine and block out this kind of distraction the same way they did last year. As for the board member there are two board member's children that play at Wartburg. I don't know who voted which way so I really can't comment on that.

I can't speak for all the parents but this parent feels like the team has been thrown a painful curve ball. I think it is time that Dallas grows up and decides on which road he is on. Is he a coach, principal, or legend in his own mind? Only time will tell but to get rid of a coach that is one year removed from a Reg Champ is a bit amazing.

Good Luck to this team and coach!

Has it ever occured to you people that the only reason Jason Davis has the job of HEAD coach @ Wartburg is because his father is the Director of Schools??? Another question I have is, What playing expirence does J. Davis have??? From what I understand and have heard it's absolutly NOTHING!! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

bballpain

do you realize who does the hiring in the schools. If I have heard right, The principle does the hiring and all the interviews for each school that he/she is principle and then recommends them to the director/superiendent. Yes the Director of schools is J. Davis's father but he only hires the ones that the principle recommends. Ask the Principle of the school who recommended J. Davis for the coaching job, I was told that it was Mr. Dallas Davis Principle of Wartburg Central High School. This should never come in play and involve the kids on a ball team.

I think you're right playermom. This type of banter on here could really be harmful to a player if they love their team, coach, and community. I didn't realize what I was starting on here. I think that it's obvious by now that Jason and Dallas are not going to get along. Despite their attempts to be friendly on WECO radio. If this did cost Mike Davis his job as Director it is a true shame. I believe he is a good man and has always attempted to help all communities in the county when he could. The school system will suffer if the replacement is not an excellent administrator. Many people that I have spoken to in Oakdale are very complimentary of Mr. Davis. I wish that our board member had voted for him. I didn't pay much attention to him or JD until all the talk on here a few years ago about Dallas leaving, and I have a few observations to make.

1.) It seems to me that JD has been raked over the coals long enough, let him run his team then in a couple of years if they aren't competitive we will talk.

2.) Dallas needs to be allowed to retire from coaching without his name coming up every season

3.) People need to stop placing harmful content on here about kids they don't even know..I'm included in this one.

4.) Wartburg needs to understand that they may not go back to state this year and it may have very little to do with their coach

Also, to bballpain

What the heck does it matter where JD did or didn't play college or hs ball?

I don't know where Fred Snow played or Heath Snow for that matter beyond High School and I think that both are very good coaches.

I don't know where Carmen Hines played or didn't and she is a fine coach

I don't know where M. Christopher played or didn't

I don't even know where DD played or didn't

It is not important because however they learned the game the fact is any of those above names could easily lead a hs team.

Coach Hines Played at Coalfield and then at Roane State I think

Coach Christopher played at Oliver Springs college ???

Coach Dallas Davis played at Sunbright then at Tenn. Tech

Well since Hines returned to Coalbucket and Christopher went back to Oz.....then Dallas should have reappeared in /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Sunbright /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ! I mean its only logical....huh?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazzy

Well since Hines returned to Coalbucket and Christopher went back to Oz.....then Dallas should have reappeared in /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Sunbright /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ! I mean its only logical....huh?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazzy

Not sure they had organized basketball in Fred or Dallas's days. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Heath played only at Oakdale, but is a very knowledgeable and capable coach as well as a great young man.

Don't know anything about Jason, but Dallas "The Legend" Davis IS

Wartburg Lady Bulldog basketball. Plain and simple. . .

Is Ed Diden considering coming back to Morgan Co. for the Director's job? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />