Howard @ Sequoyah

bigclittleh

Chiefs best defense will be a ball control offense. When you have it 15 yards on the plus side of the 50, first and ten, don't try and throw it over there heads,,,,,,, that has to become 4 down territory. Grind it out and make first downs. If you "just have" to throw it use hitches, slants, bubbles and bench routes. Polk was not a good passing team. How many times did they go for it all? They threw high percentage passes, hitches,bubbles, bench routes. Staying in good down and distance situations is critical to this teams success.

Dr. Dave has it right. Tyner gained almost 400 yds rushing in its win over Howard a couple of weeks ago. Polk almost had enough left in losing 28 to 26. Howard wants to get out early and hang on. Power-Counter-Inside Traps will wear on the Tiger defense. Use the Chief's offense to keep Howard's offense on the field. Contain Howard's big play potential with smart special team play. Leave it all on the field.....Beat the Tigers!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Dave has it right. Tyner gained almost 400 yds rushing in its win over Howard a couple of weeks ago. Polk almost had enough left in losing 28 to 26. Howard wants to get out early and hang on. Power-Counter-Inside Traps will wear on the Tiger defense. Use the Chief's offense to keep Howard's offense on the field. Contain Howard's big play potential with smart special team play. Leave it all on the field.....Beat the Tigers!

If you saw the Tyner game that game was lost by a fumble called that really wasnt a fumble. Plus as good as Polks Defense is the Hustlin tigers did what they wanted. You guys still have no clue on how good the Hustlin Tigers are this year plus they return about 17 starters on both sides

If you saw the Tyner game that game was lost by a fumble called that really wasnt a fumble. Plus as good as Polks Defense is the Hustlin tigers did what they wanted. You guys still have no clue on how good the Hustlin Tigers are this year plus they return about 17 starters on both sides

Hey T-mac, you coming up tonight?

I know that Howard is good but I also know that they have not been conditioned well at all...This team looked dead tired coming out in the second half against Polk...Also looked tired against Tellico...Don't get me wrong they are good, but not the best /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I know that Howard is good but I also know that they have not been conditioned well at all...This team looked dead tired coming out in the second half against Polk...Also looked tired against Tellico...Don't get me wrong they are good, but not the best /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

So the key may be just keeping it close until the fourth and then pull away? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

howard wins by 40

Don't quit your day job! Great game,very entertaining! Chiefs just need to eliminate a few costly mistakes. Had a great chance to pull the upset. Good night to send the seniors out with a great effort. The only minus(besides the loss itself) were the jerks from Howard when the Chief player was injured. To stand and yell to get him off the field is of the lowest class possible,and should be unacceptable wherever games are played. Just because the game was closer than wanted,don't belittle a possible serious injury. Otherwise,great game to both teams,and good luck to Howard the rest of the year. Get our region a win or two in the playoffs. Hopefully,we'll be there too! GO CHIEFS!

...that statement makes me wonder what game you were watching...Tyner won this game in the trenches(OL &DL) and the two(2) interceptions by Travis Jones shut-the-door on Howard...Congrats on the win against Sequoyah!!!