Vikings vs cougers

couch qb

Do we get to wave those flags at the castle this year or are you all going to pull a Science Hill on us? I haven't heard anything else since that first week about the flags. I'm one of the few at South that gets into it. I think everybody is becoming spoiled like your fans have been. It is hard to get up for teams that you know you should beat by 30 or more points though. By the way, could you imagine being a TN High fan and having to live in Kingsport? At least we've won the past few years so it's made it easier to live in Bristol for me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You guys could wear the entire confederate uniform for all I care. I would like to say that waving the flag is like waving a red flag in front of a bull??¦but I asked my son if the South fans waving the flag got him fired up??¦and he said ???what flag??? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . Sort of brought it into a new prospective for me. I despise that flag in any form at age 40??¦but my son at age 17 could care less. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh yea??¦the Cougars should bring their flag too??¦.if you have one. Don't want anybody to think we are over looking anybody /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> . I did have a question. Which band should play Rocky Top in this game as a fight song??¦the one that has Orange and White as their colors, or the one named TENNESSEE?!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha...haha...hahahaha. Nobody is over looking this game because the Vikes will need to come to play. But come now...do they not teach you central folks to think logically over there? Vikes by 17.

oh diehard, your just looking at stats and what the paper tells you. you know the game is never like the paper says its to be....we think logically over here in cougar nation, kinda like if your school wants to help us tear down our field goal post after the game, it'll come down a tad quicker....now thats thinking logically! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

oh you made a typing error as well....dont you mean vikes lose by 17...ha

oh diehard, your just looking at stats and what the paper tells you. you know the game is never like the paper says its to be....we think logically over here in cougar nation, kinda like if your school wants to help us tear down our field goal post after the game, it'll come down a tad quicker....now thats thinking logically! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

oh you made a typing error as well....dont you mean vikes lose by 17...ha

Nice rebutle. . I am going by the way the teams are playing to this point. You can say that you all are healthy now and thats perfect. So are we /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . With that being said, I am going to judge this by common opponents and the amount of points you scored to the amount we scored on the same opponent. And dont forget the outcome. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Central Tennessee High

Opponent PF PA W/L PF PA W/L

Virginia High 17 19 L 20 14 W

Sullivan North 0 9 L 21 19 W

Elizabethton 23 43 L 42 20 W

Unicoi County 28 13 W 27 23 W

Johnson County 14 21 L 44 0 W

CENTRAL

Central TOTAL PF=82

Central TOTAL PA=105

Central Record Against Common Opponents=1-4

Central AVERAGE PF per game=16.4 PF per game

Central AVERAGE PA per game= 21 PA per game

Tennessee High

THS TOTAL PF= 134

THS TOTAL PA= 76

THS Record Against Common Opponents=5-0

THS AVERAGE PF per game=26.8 PF per game

THS AVERAGE PA per game=15.2 PA per game

This is simple math and statistics. Think of it what you please. But THS is playing better right now than Central is and that will be the deciding factor in this game. Thank you.

Nice rebutle. . I am going by the way the teams are playing to this point. You can say that you all are healthy now and thats perfect. So are we /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . With that being said, I am going to judge this by common opponents and the amount of points you scored to the amount we scored on the same opponent. And dont forget the outcome. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Central Tennessee High

Opponent PF PA W/L PF PA W/L

Virginia High 17 19 L 20 14 W

Sullivan North 0 9 L 21 19 W

Elizabethton 23 43 L 42 20 W

Unicoi County 28 13 W 27 23 W

Johnson County 14 21 L 44 0 W

CENTRAL

Central TOTAL PF=82

Central TOTAL PA=105

Central Record Against Common Opponents=1-4

Central AVERAGE PF per game=16.4 PF per game

Central AVERAGE PA per game= 21 PA per game

Tennessee High

THS TOTAL PF= 134

THS TOTAL PA= 76

THS Record Against Common Opponents=5-0

THS AVERAGE PF per game=26.8 PF per game

THS AVERAGE PA per game=15.2 PA per game

This is simple math and statistics. Think of it what you please. But THS is playing better right now than Central is and that will be the deciding factor in this game. Thank you.

You should have just done it the easy way and you would have saved alot of time. Just say "We're TN High. You are Central. Enough said"

I don't think they will be looking past this game. They are focused on getting better every week, so if were better this week than last---look out Cougars! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ever since JC the vikings have gotten better every play. I look for a HUGE win over the cougars heading into the Castle on halloween night the the MLC CHAMPIONSHIP

ps. kicker #26 Ben Perrin is back this week, so look for some long kickin

You guys could wear the entire confederate uniform for all I care. I would like to say that waving the flag is like waving a red flag in front of a bull??¦but I asked my son if the South fans waving the flag got him fired up??¦and he said ???what flag??? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . Sort of brought it into a new prospective for me. I despise that flag in any form at age 40??¦but my son at age 17 could care less. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh yea??¦the Cougars should bring their flag too??¦.if you have one. Don't want anybody to think we are over looking anybody /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> . I did have a question. Which band should play Rocky Top in this game as a fight song??¦the one that has Orange and White as their colors, or the one named TENNESSEE?!

ROCKY TOP SHOULD BE PLAYED BY TENNESSEE

ha

Central's colors are a long way from the TN orange they used to wear. They are primarily dark blue and clemson orange. Maybe that is where their problems started.

Central's colors are a long way from the TN orange they used to wear. They are primarily dark blue and clemson orange. Maybe that is where their problems started.

this must be Scott Nelson trying to deflect the blame off of himself. Ummmmm, yeah. The uniforms are the problem /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Welcome back TN Vikes. The Vikes have raised the bar for the last couple of games, congrats to you. I have not posted the last couple of weeks, however, I have kept an eye on all of the postings. Props to the offensive and defensive line play. These guys have been playing well. They have dug in deep and presented some positive results. line coaches are doing a great job keeping players fresh with subsitutions. And in addition, with getting multiple players in the game, the level of play has not declined. Great Job!! However, reading these post I see that a lot of you are obviously reading about how great the Mighty Vikes are (becomming pretty cocky). I feel the main focal point is to keep the kids focused on the day to day practices and week to week games. The Vikes are acting like they have not had this type of success before. Remember, the big picture i.e. the oppportunity for a conference champiomship and the opportunity to win some playoff games. Let me restate that...the opportunity for a state championship!!! That sounds a little better!!! If you are seeing the games and not merely watching them, there are still some major problems that will be exposed in the very near future. This is what i am seeing: Very little on offense except one observation...alot of receivers running down field wide open. The quarterback does not see the field. He is focusing on one person. If that person is not open, he does not have enough confidence in the O-line to go through the pregression process thus he takes off running leaving receivers wide open. On defense, linebacker play is not up to par.....The inside linebackers are not reading their keys an/or carrying out their responsibilities. They are still reacting late instead of attacking their gaps. Also, they are not getting their pass reads quick enough to get in their drops areas thus allowing for week underneath coverage. Outside linebacker play has been suspect. Thery are not geting in good contain position i.e. keeping their outside shoulder free to push the runner back inside allowing the inside backers to do their job. They are making tackles, however, they are making them down field after they have compensated for the poor technique. And last, the secondary just don't get it. But, I am not going to write these guys off. I hope the light bulb will come on in the very near future. Now, back to the positive side!!! Again, Props to the big guys in the trenches. O-line...Dig in and keep creating monster holes for the running backs. Some of the holes created this weak were unreal!! D-line....make the plays up front and keep the opposition out of the secondary. D-backs..get your heads in the ballgame and make some things happen....no excuse for poor tackeling or missed tackels at this point in the season. Somebody needs to get these D-backs coached up!! Fans....help these players stay focused on the immediate task. Act like you are use to winning....Act like you have been here before!!!

I think you could watch any game film of any team and find many areas that they could improve in. The fact is they are 14 to 18 year old kids who are putting forth an effort at least most of the time. With that said, we are getting better in the areas that we need to. The O line is doing better and our fullback is blocking the heck out of people and our defense continues to be strong up front. With Pendleton returning I think our secondary is going to take a big step in the right direction.

Central is a team who seems to have alot of enthusiasm and heart and we will have to bring our game and let them know that we aren't taking them lightly. The weather concerns me.....hope the fans make the short trip over to 81 to cheer us on. Everyone knows Central has great fans!! Good Luck this Friday night Vikings!!

Welcome back TN Vikes. The Vikes have raised the bar for the last couple of games, congrats to you. I have not posted the last couple of weeks, however, I have kept an eye on all of the postings. Props to the offensive and defensive line play. These guys have been playing well. They have dug in deep and presented some positive results. line coaches are doing a great job keeping players fresh with subsitutions. And in addition, with getting multiple players in the game, the level of play has not declined. Great Job!! However, reading these post I see that a lot of you are obviously reading about how great the Mighty Vikes are (becomming pretty cocky). I feel the main focal point is to keep the kids focused on the day to day practices and week to week games. The Vikes are acting like they have not had this type of success before. Remember, the big picture i.e. the oppportunity for a conference champiomship and the opportunity to win some playoff games. Let me restate that...the opportunity for a state championship!!! That sounds a little better!!! If you are seeing the games and not merely watching them, there are still some major problems that will be exposed in the very near future. This is what i am seeing: Very little on offense except one observation...alot of receivers running down field wide open. The quarterback does not see the field. He is focusing on one person. If that person is not open, he does not have enough confidence in the O-line to go through the pregression process thus he takes off running leaving receivers wide open. On defense, linebacker play is not up to par.....The inside linebackers are not reading their keys an/or carrying out their responsibilities. They are still reacting late instead of attacking their gaps. Also, they are not getting their pass reads quick enough to get in their drops areas thus allowing for week underneath coverage. Outside linebacker play has been suspect. Thery are not geting in good contain position i.e. keeping their outside shoulder free to push the runner back inside allowing the inside backers to do their job. They are making tackles, however, they are making them down field after they have compensated for the poor technique. And last, the secondary just don't get it. But, I am not going to write these guys off. I hope the light bulb will come on in the very near future. Now, back to the positive side!!! Again, Props to the big guys in the trenches. O-line...Dig in and keep creating monster holes for the running backs. Some of the holes created this weak were unreal!! D-line....make the plays up front and keep the opposition out of the secondary. D-backs..get your heads in the ballgame and make some things happen....no excuse for poor tackeling or missed tackels at this point in the season. Somebody needs to get these D-backs coached up!! Fans....help these players stay focused on the immediate task. Act like you are use to winning....Act like you have been here before!!!

Where the the &%#@ did that come from... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Where the the &%#@ did that come from... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You're correct. Perhaps an overreaction. However, after reading through the post again and trying to understand your reply, I still feel there is still some arraogance implied. Mostly, I do not want the Vikes revisit the same outcome as end of season last year. Central has not had a good year. I expect them to come into this game with alot of emotions. If you have ever experienced, as a player, playing against a highly emotional team before, you will understand. I think the Vikes need to jump on Central from the first play and keep applying the pressure for 48 minutes with minimal controllable mistakes. As VikingT stated, these are teenagers. I am implicating the fact that over the last couple of weeks, this team is playing up to it's potential with the ability to get alot better over the next couple of weeks. I feel they need can have much success against South and spend some time in the playoff brackets. However there has to be a reminder, a string around their fingers if you will, thus allowing them to control their destination. From the perspective of the fan, yell as loud as you want. Fans do not execute, players do!!