Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

After another week I still think Ethan Tummins deserves it

I haven't seen him since I do Waverly's games, but hope to get up there Friday since Waverly plays on Thursday. But from what I've read and heard, I have to agree. when you know a kid is going to get the ball and he still burns you, then that says a lot. This is Wade's boy right?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen him since I do Waverly's games, but hope to get up there Friday since Waverly plays on Thursday. But from what I've read and heard, I have to agree. when you know a kid is going to get the ball and he still burns you, then that says a lot. This is Wade's boy right?

Yeah, he's Wade's boy...

Ethan Tummins looked really good last night... last night he ended up with 25 carries for 280 yards... that puts him for the season at 1606 yards rushing with 8.3 ypr and 4 receptions for 116 yards... pretty impressive that his stats keep going up... I would say that if he gets over 150 yards this week against a above average JBS team... then there is no reason why he should not be in the Mr. Football or at least a candidate...

The great thing is that he went out after the 3rd quarter... he could have ended up with 300+ easy... but it's good they play team ball, keep him from getting hurt, and get the other guys some needed experience...

Good Luck Warriors... good luck ET

Yeah, he's Wade's boy...

Ethan Tummins looked really good last night... last night he ended up with 25 carries for 280 yards... that puts him for the season at 1606 yards rushing with 8.3 ypr and 4 receptions for 116 yards... pretty impressive that his stats keep going up... I would say that if he gets over 150 yards this week against a above average JBS team... then there is no reason why he should not be in the Mr. Football or at least a candidate...

The great thing is that he went out after the 3rd quarter... he could have ended up with 300+ easy... but it's good they play team ball, keep him from getting hurt, and get the other guys some needed experience...

Good Luck Warriors... good luck ET

So he comes from a good family then. I've known Wade a while but it's been a while since I've seen him. What does Ethan's GPA look like?

17 interceptions at 300 passes --- 5.6%

13 touchdowns at 300 passes --- 4.3%

Once again you failed to mention with nearly 300 passes he only has 4.3% of them for TD's... I don't care if they were tipped balls, wrong routes, etc... 17 int's are alot... don't you think the other great qbs of 1A with 13 tds and 5 int's had some tipped balls, wrong routes, etc...

I'm sure he is a great player, probably a great kid... but if they throw the ball that much he should have these numbers... the td should be higher... are they throwing alot of screen passes which prevent alot of td's... something is just not adding up if this kid is as good as you say he is...

There is a lot of screens but there is a lot of every kind of pass running a spread offense. Receivers are one senior, one junior, one 1st year junior and a sophomore with a 1st year senior back out of the backfield. OL is a senior, 2 juniors, a sophmore and a freshman so talent and experience compared to most other schools is lacking. The passing TDs if 13 that you quote is actually 16. Against Huntland yesterday he sliced them up with 3 more TDs and 258 yards and 1 int and 34 points with just 10 completions on 14 attempts. I will just quote in The Columbia Daily Herald Moore County coach Steve Matthews former collegate and NFL quarterack after he racked up 436 yards passing, 3 passing TDs and 3 rushing TDS against his team: " He was on fire. We had some pretty good coverage on him but he made some very nice passes. He is one of the best (QBs)I have ever seen". Considering Coach Matthews experience and knowledge as a quarterback at a very high level I put a lot of weight on his eyewitness evaluation.

There is a lot of screens but there is a lot of every kind of pass running a spread offense. Receivers are one senior, one junior, one 1st year junior and a sophomore with a 1st year senior back out of the backfield. OL is a senior, 2 juniors, a sophmore and a freshman so talent and experience compared to most other schools is lacking. The passing TDs if 13 that you quote is actually 16. Against Huntland yesterday he sliced them up with 3 more TDs and 258 yards and 1 int and 34 points with just 10 completions on 14 attempts. I will just quote in The Columbia Daily Herald Moore County coach Steve Matthews former collegate and NFL quarterack after he racked up 436 yards passing, 3 passing TDs and 3 rushing TDS against his team: " He was on fire. We had some pretty good coverage on him but he made some very nice passes. He is one of the best (QBs)I have ever seen". Considering Coach Matthews experience and knowledge as a quarterback at a very high level I put a lot of weight on his eyewitness evaluation.

Im still going with Ethan Tummins

He may be good... I personally haven't seen him... will they get a chance at the playoffs... If so what seed...

Also... when I quotes 13 td's it was 13... that post was in the morning before this game started... Just wanted to clear that up so it didn't look like I made some outlandish claim...

Also when you compare David Jones rushing stats he has 80 carries for 662yds at 8.3yds per carry with 15td's Josh Blake's rushing stats are 79 carries for 850yds at 10.8yds per carry for 11td's not including his passing stats which were 1303yds passing and 23 passing td's

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Josh just added 3 more TD's with no INTs (26/1 ratio total) and two more rushing TDs. He didn't have very many rushing yards, but then again he was not at QB for the entire second half as the game was already out of hand by halftime. He is still just shy of a 1000 yards rushing and well over 1000 passing. He also added another INT.

Josh Blake stats after 9 games

Passing 1432 Yd's 26 Td's 1 Int Qb rating 205

Rushing 905 10.8 yd's per carry 14 Tds.

Total Yd's 2337 40 Td's

Defense I am not sure about tackles but he has 4 Int's one returned for a td.

Career totals passing 4445 yd's 64 td's rushing 2896 yd's 44 td's total yd's 7341 total td's 110