Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OP for your words of recognition and praise of Josh's play. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate's kind words have ticked a few folks off, but OP has weathered many storms and the wife's skillet attacks have made OP battle tested. Heck, it may not be safe for any old pirate crossing from the handicap parking at Wal Mart for sure now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Don't have a clue who you are but hopefully OP's post is appreciated by those who look at it honestly and not attempt to twist what OP was attempting to say.

Halloween is over OP you might not be able to take off your mask.But I have no idea what you are talking about.I suppose all the these D-1 recruiter's are wrong about David and you're right.And David stood up for his family, right or wrong.Too bad you are letting this linger and make you bitter in being honest about his impact.Very disapointing coming from a old man who has lived as long as you say you have.Or maybe you're just standing up for yourself and your on twisted opinion.David still leads as he always has.Too bad you won't let it go.You should reveal who you are and stop hiding behind that mask.Little Johnny's just not a true Pirate fan.

What is this about....................you need to re-read OP's Posts again there BossBro....................you are obviously confused.

While I think the fact that he is being looked at by D1 schools may be taken into consideration, statistics are going to be your biggest factor in winning. I've said it before, the fact that y'all are so good and strong in so many areas and have teams beat in the first and second quarter kind of hurt your chances of getting the award. I don't think OP is bashing DJ, at least I hope he isn't. He is a great back and hits those holes extremely fast. But when you campare actual stats, Josh is ahead...not to mention he is also a quarter back and has more stats to add. One of your fans said it best...who cares about Mr. Football. While it is a great award and winners deserve that recognition, its that gold ball in December that means the most...and y'all earned it last year and have a great shot at it again this year. DJ definitely deserves to be on the ballot, but my vote is still for Josh. Best of luck to DJ in what ever school he decides to attend, he will be a good back to watch and I look forward to seeing him on the TV

Well here is someone who can comprehend what he's reading. Thanks, Old Pirate never bashed David at anytime. Heck, OP started the thread about him turning heads. OP as stated in earler posts agree DJ is probably a lead candidate for Mr. Football and he would have much more impressive stats if SP hadn't mercy ruled so many opponants. OP says SP is not about any 1 player and "All the starters" have not played a lot in most games and have suffered statistically. It don't start and end with David. He is a fine player and a great kid. That said....there are also several others that fit that bill. OP & all SP supporters hope and wish David wins the award. OP simply thinks Josh had to work a lot harder for his stats in Fridays game than any player for SP. Heck, that will tick some Grace folks off but can't make everyone happy.

I don't have his stats at hand.The point is being missed the only games he has played a whole game was against Boyd,Tyner,Marion County.Had he played half the snaps of most others considered he would have monster#s.He has given up this for his team,that is the point.Primed for another state championship.On his way to play major college football with or without all the stats.Rated in the top 15 prospects in the state etc.I didn't enter this thread to talk about Mr.Football.Nor bash the Blake kid.I entered to tell where he is and where he is going.He has given up stats the past 2 yrs the get SP back where they want to be.The Boro in December.Then off to play in the SEC.Couldn't rattle my cage.David deserves what he has worked for,and been blessed with.

Josh has been in the same boat he has only played in the 4th quarter in four games many times only playing one series in the third quarter. David is a very good player he and Josh are the only two single A players who are rated in the top 75 on TN VARSITY.COM.

Old Pirate's kind words have ticked a few folks off, but OP has weathered many storms and will get thru this one. Heck, it may not be safe for any old pirate crossing from the handicap parking at Wal Mart for sure now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Don't have a clue who you are but hopefully OP's post is appreciated by those who look at it honestly and not attempt to twist what OP was attempting to say.

OP, you can ask zonepirate who I am he knows and I do appreciate your fair and honest assessment. I don't think you ever said that David shoudn't be Mr Football.

Let me add this..... Out of 69 kickoffs, he has 35 touchbacks!

I'm sold! His numbers speak for themself. He has had one heck of a year. I think my son was the only junior in the top five on that list, so I'm hoping he has close to those numbers next year. He missed 2 field goals and 6 extra points the entire year. Five of the PAT's and both field goal misses were in the first 3 games of the season. We had a new snapper and holder this season and very little time was spent on this before our season started. Over the past 7 games, he is 36 or 37 on PAT's and 2 of 2 on field goals. He still needs to do better on kickoffs and I'm hoping to send him to a couple of camps in the off-season to improve that phase of his game.

Good luck to Mr. White at the next level! Has he received any offers yet??

Anyone who wrote a name on the ballot other that Jared White of Trousdale for kicker should have their head examined. His numbers are mine boggling!! Here is a link to the current leaders!

Tennessee Kicking Leaders

This link says "Tennessee Kicking Leaders" but only middle TN schools are included. How do the other schools in TN get their stats added?

This link says "Tennessee Kicking Leaders" but only middle TN schools are included. How do the other schools in TN get their stats added?

Sorry, I think the Tennessean only supports Middle Tennessee teams in their stat category apparently. I'm sure Memphis and Knoxville papers have a similiar rating system for their respective areas. I know they each have top ten list made up of area teams.