Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

I don't think he's the best. Maybe on his team being counted on so much it looks like he's better.I'm not about to take anything away from the young man.But he's been at some of the biggest camps and hasn't gotten D-1 looks and orD-2 offers.Fine player.But I base my choice especially at this level on if a kid can overcome the 1-A demon and still get to a big time school.Most times the talent overrules.And the recruiter's evaluate and offer.If a player in A-1 secures D-1 IMO he is a player worthy of consideration.

As of last friday Stat wise he is #1 in total TD'S and #1 in total yds in the state.I would ask what is Mr. Football,potential of D-1 offers or most valuable player to his team or who has the best stats or a combination of all. .Josh Blake led the stats last year in total yds and TD'S IF i'm not wrong into the first round but Grace was one and done.Also, talking offers all d-2 or small schools take longer to offer because of the process in many cases for which I have been told myself on one of my sons recruiting visits.The bigger schools will take longer with kids from smaller schools because of many resons too.The athletes from smaller schools are not as well known ect,ect,ect. My honest angle on Josh is he is going to beef up and if he gets a chance he can play D-1 either QB or slot receiver who knows.I know like I have said before they are definetly 2 of the best athletes in the state and both worthy.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats wise it sounds like you are correct...but his stats are still lower than Josh Blake. Not that Speed isn't a good player, sounds like someone you definitely want on your team, but Josh Blake's stats are higher then what you've posted. Not quite as many rushing yards, but still has just shy of 1000 with 961 with 14 rushing TDs. But his passing stats are way above Speed's with 1560 yds and 27 TDs and 41 total td's. Oh and he only has thrown 2 INTs. But no argument from me about being a nominee, just think Josh is above him.

I'm definately not saying I think he should win. I just think he should be a nominee....

I'm definately not saying I think he should win. I just think he should be a nominee....

Looking for substance not stats sorry,Where's the beef?There's non question who's the best in 1-A.Just like the election we live in red state of mind around here.Just will not,live it down.The colleges know what they are doing.You don't get discovered your senior year. Stats or no stats.Impact on the field against quality foes counts too.

Halloween is over OP you might not be able to take off your mask.But I have no idea what you are talking about.I suppose all the these D-1 recruiter's are wrong about David and you're right.And David stood up for his family, right or wrong.Too bad you are letting this linger and make you bitter in being honest about his impact.Very disapointing coming from a old man who has lived as long as you say you have.Or maybe you're just standing up for yourself and your on twisted opinion.David still leads as he always has.Too bad you won't let it go.You should reveal who you are and stop hiding behind that mask.Little Johnny's just not a true Pirate fan.

The good Chef hasnt been on hear in a while., been working on his Thanksgiving specials.. Most of the time the Chef just reads and doesnt reply to stuff but with that being said.. I am pretty sure I see both sides to this argument..Blake showed off more against a better defense but Jones is overall the better athlete and D-1 player...With that being said I was at the whole real world episode in the parking lot with my wife after the Jr. High game..I heard lots of four letter words bashing his own school from Jones and what looked like his brother...Whether or not he was standing up for his family is irrelavent...He embarressed South Pittsburg High School, his family, and the whole community...From the people I have spoken too, they said it was about a certain player not getting to run the ball during the Jr. High Championship...Which is kinda sad, cause there has NEVER or will NEVER be a I in TEAM...Should be about winning as a team and thats it...Ok now on to the topic, I think Blake, Jones, and a representive from the Nashville area will be the 3 for back of the year...More than likely the winner will be from Nashville like it is every year...I do agree with BossBro though on one thing...I would like to know who OLD PIRATE is, but might be best for him to keep it on cause he might have rattled one too many cages on here...........

The good Chef hasnt been on hear in a while., been working on his Thanksgiving specials.. Most of the time the Chef just reads and doesnt reply to stuff but with that being said.. I am pretty sure I see both sides to this argument..Blake showed off more against a better defense but Jones is overall the better athlete and D-1 player...With that being said I was at the whole real world episode in the parking lot with my wife after the Jr. High game..I heard lots of four letter words bashing his own school from Jones and what looked like his brother...Whether or not he was standing up for his family is irrelavent...He embarressed South Pittsburg High School, his family, and the whole community...From the people I have spoken too, they said it was about a certain player not getting to run the ball during the Jr. High Championship...Which is kinda sad, cause there has NEVER or will NEVER be a I in TEAM...Should be about winning as a team and thats it...Ok now on to the topic, I think Blake, Jones, and a representive from the Nashville area will be the 3 for back of the year...More than likely the winner will be from Nashville like it is every year...I do agree with BossBro though on one thing...I would like to know who OLD PIRATE is, but might be best for him to keep it on cause he might have rattled one too many cages on here...........

No need to reply.Whatever happened is over.You have your own world you live in.Beating a dead dog is useless.Since this is your 5th post what is your other name you use on coach T?David took his like a man.Now take yours like a man and go find some rocks to kick.

He may be good... I personally haven't seen him... will they get a chance at the playoffs... If so what seed...

Also... when I quotes 13 td's it was 13... that post was in the morning before this game started... Just wanted to clear that up so it didn't look like I made some outlandish claim...

Did not make the playoffs. A young defense could not hold up. Daniel Pugh ended up with 2417 yards passing and 20 TDS on 169 completions to lead the midstate per Tennessean after regular season. Led all west Tennessee passers in completions and yardage per Memphis Commercial Appeal. Led all east Tennessee passers in yardage per Knoxville News Sentinal. Pretty good season with underclassman line, receivers and QB. Zion is going Division II next year with a strong experinced senior class. Look out next year.

David Jones should win 1A back of the year. I don't care about the stats. I hope they evaluate the teams that the stats come against. David Jones has gotten over 100 yards against every quality team he has seen this season. He should win the award, but there have been many great ones before him to play for SP and they didn't get their due by winning the award either so I don't expect the big dogs in nashville to give it up to us this time either. If you are good enough to be nominated for Mr. Football your team should have at least made it to the second round of the playoffs.

I don't have alot of faith in this "Mr. Football" award. There have been many great nominations from South Pitt. In 1998, Eddie Moore was a finalist and was beaten by Tripp Tucker from USJ. Last year, Robert Robinson who broke many records at SP was beaten. I think there is alot of politics involved with the judging. I wouldn't be surprised if David and Josh are finalist, but the winner will come out of Nashville or West TN.

No need to reply.Whatever happened is over.You have your own world you live in.Beating a dead dog is useless.Since this is your 5th post what is your other name you use on coach T?David took his like a man.Now take yours like a man and go find some rocks to kick.

The Good Chef says he just doesnt get on here much Bassbro...No other screen name on here..I live in a world of reality..I wasnt meaning to beat a dead dog...From what I understand those close to him was upset over his reaction and I truely hope he learned a valuable lesson...We were just suprised to see that from a very very smart young man..I think Jones deserves to be nominated just like many other of SP great backs of the past..But like the others before him, I think he will be overlooked..Those guys in Nashville always seem to vote for someone in that area..Im not sure what you mean by kicking rocks but ok..I will give it a shot...In the mean time I think you should drive up and try a cup of cheese soup compliments of the good Chef...