Class 2A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

The simple answer to your question is yes, but I will elaborate a little bit more for you. Alcoa is not just the best team no other team in 2A has shown they even belong on the same field as Alcoa and this is why no one else deserves to be considerd the best lineman in 2A. Coversely Maryvlie is the best team in 4A but they have not shown the outright dominance that Alcoa has even though they don't loose, teams can play close with Maryville and this is why I would have no problem with a Marsalis Teague or Eric Gordon winning 4A Mr. Football. I also recognize that Alcoa, due to split carries and short games, has no strong back competitor for the award and like I said earlier would reluctantly award the player from Milan the award.

So you're saying that Alcoa has had the best lineman, back, and kicker in 2A for the past 4 plus years no questions? I guarantee you if Alcoa had Benji, he would be the top back on the team. But I guess since he's on Goodpasture he's not as good as any of Alcoa's backs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that Alcoa has had the best lineman, back, and kicker in 2A for the past 4 plus years no questions? I guarantee you if Alcoa had Benji, he would be the top back on the team. But I guess since he's on Goodpasture he's not as good as any of Alcoa's backs.

No that is not what I said but after thinking about yes the past four back winners should have been Randall Cobb, Chris Shiverdecker, Dustin Lindsey, Dustin Lindsey; and lineman should have been Tyler Robinson( I can understand someone else but he was still the best), Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, Brandon Warren. As for kickers Alcoa does not attempt field goals so I will concede that award. As for "Benji" I seriously doubt he is as good as Jaron Toney but probably is better than Cameron Foster, Alcoa's number two back. This will become evident if Goodpasture is able to play Alcoa in Murfresboro again.

These are according to the Knoxville News Sentinel (which are generaly lower than what the team keeps record of) through eight games (approx 20 quarters) he had 46 tkls, 4 scks, 5 tfl, and on offense 23 rec 336 yds 14.6 ypc and 8 tds. Without question Tyler Robinson is the most dominant lineman in all of 2A his stats may not be extraordinary but keep in mind how little he gets to play because no one in 2A can hang with Alcoa and well that 91 point gatlinburg debacle was a little embarassing and now Alcoa has to do all they can to prevent it from happening again, not to mention it seems his only competition comes from a guy from Adamsville. Lets be serious it would be disgrace if a player from a school that terrible beat out the most dominant player on the only team in 2A that can contend for a state title.

Just the fact that you feel you have to trash his school, which he is a part of, says you don't really think your player could win it without you doing that! Don't you realize that only hurts your players chances! I would really love to see a kid from Milan win every Mr. Football award in 2A but that is not realistic! I do think J. Gilbert should win the 2A back award but I agree with the nomination of Josh Carroll from Adamsville for 2A lineman! I have seen him play and the kid is a beast! If he gets you in his sights you are subject to get your clock cleaned! He isn't ranked nationally for being just another average player!

I do agree with Stovepipe, but Kane Crowell is real deal on both sides of the ball, his numbers arent as great as the Milan kids but we've spread it out amongst 4 backs, we dont have any 1,000 yard rushers.. yet! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> but it takes 4 or 5 guys to bring this kid down, he never quits.. and in open field, rough to catch

I have seen Kane Crowell play in a variety of situations and he is a warrior on the field. The Accalades that he recieves on the field of play are not what distinguishes him as a Mr. Football candidate, it is his efforts off of the field. Kane is a straight A Student that works hard in the class room. He is also active in his church and in our community. He plays all three major sports and he is very good at them all. Mr. Football is about more than football skills, it is about one's character and work ethic both on and off of the field as well.

The simple answer to your question is yes, but I will elaborate a little bit more for you. Alcoa is not just the best team no other team in 2A has shown they even belong on the same field as Alcoa and this is why no one else deserves to be considerd the best lineman in 2A. Coversely Maryvlie is the best team in 4A but they have not shown the outright dominance that Alcoa has even though they don't loose, teams can play close with Maryville and this is why I would have no problem with a Marsalis Teague or Eric Gordon winning 4A Mr. Football. I also recognize that Alcoa, due to split carries and short games, has no strong back competitor for the award and like I said earlier would reluctantly award the player from Milan the award.

And let me guess, if Alcoa loses in the playoffs this year, it will automatically be because they beat themselves. We all might as well save the gas, and tell the TSSAA to give you guys the trophy now. You are crazy. I hope Milan meets you in the finals. We can play with you guys. We might even beat you guys. Unlike you, I know that it is a possibility that we may not make to the championship, but you had better keep your pride in check because a lot of people are going to feed you a lot of crow soon. You should try this thing we call humility. It might serve you better in lthe long run.

Against Ezell this season he had 5 TDs on 11 carries.

Yes i know i understand that Gilbert from Milan is good but Bennjamin has half his carries with the same amount of yards! lol and he will be playing on saturdays. He's quick but he if he has no other place to go he will run you over and i think he is a better safety than rb!

And I'm pretty sure he is better than any back that Alcoa has if he transferred to Alcoa this second he would start before the season is over maybe even by this friday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but if Alcoa's starting back came to goodpasture and they played alcoa i don't think he would do much either?

I got 8 of the 10 game's of ALCOA football and this is what I've came up with about TYLER ROBINSON.

First quarter's played.

SPRING HILL 2 QRT'S

MARYVILLE 4 QRT'S

WHITE HOUSE 3 QRT'S

BOOKER T 1/1/2 QRT'S

WARTBURG 2 QRT'S

OLIVER SPRING 2 QRT'S

CAK 4 QRT'S

SWEETWATER 3 QRT'

OFFENSE

25 COMP

8 TD'S

1 DP

18 FOR FIRST DOWN'S

DEFENSE

17 TACKLE'S

16 ASSISTS

12 LOST FOR YARD'S

3 BLOCK PASSE'S

2 FUMBLE RECOVERY'S

1 FORCE FUMBLE'S

And they have 2 more game's to play.And TYLER is one of the nicest and respectable young man you ever meet and is a A/B student.And that is why he's got my vote for BEST LINEMAN IN 2A.