Class 4A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Now is your one and only chance to convince me, and several other voters who will be reading this, who the Mr. Football Lineman, Back, and Kicker should be:

As you may already know, the Mr. Football Awards are being sponsored by Nancy and Bud Adams through their donation from the Tennessee Titans Foundation. We appreciate their support, which helps make this event possible.

Forty-five outstanding individuals and their schools are to be recognized along with their parents and coaches at the prestigious Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Luncheon, scheduled Monday, December 1 for the first time at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Convention Center in Murfreesboro.

This group is to include three finalists for Mr. Football Lineman of the Year and three finalists for Mr. Football Back of the Year in each classification. There will be three finalists, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. They are to be selected via a vote of football coaches and selected members of the media. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. Football trophy with the others finalists being presented plaques.

Each of the designated media outlets, of which you are one, is asked to submit the name of up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Lineman of the Year Award and the Mr. Football Back of the Year Award. You are also asked to submit three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be received in our office via mail or fax (1-615-889-0544) no later than MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3. Please help honor Tennessee's finest by responding today.

I must return the ballot by November 3rd.

Negative remarks will do nothing to help your candidate!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is your one and only chance to convince me, and several other voters who will be reading this, who the Mr. Fooball Lineman, Back, and Kicker should be:

I must return the ballot by November 3rd.

Negative remarks will do nothing to help your candidate!

Eric Gordon 4A Back of the Year:

Mr. Gordon does anything Hillsboro requires of him whether it be playing CB/S, WR/RB, or KR/PR. He has even been known to throw a few good passes now and again. While he is not the fastest player Hillsboro has, he is the probably the most elusive player in the state regardless of classification. Also, he has those natural football instincts that are hard to articulate and impossible to teach. I wish I had some stats to throw out, but I am afraid I don't have access to any at this time. Although, due to his versatility I'm not sure that any of his numbers would be overwhelming, but they likely would all be solid. Eric Gordon for Mr. Football 4A Back of the Year!

Guest Advisor

If Henry County High's Marsalius Teague isn't on the ballot it will be an absolute crime! Every school from Miami to Alaska A&M have been here to watch practice, games, or just visit with him! He's the best "all-around player" in 4-A!

If Josh Davis from Rhea County doesn't win the kicking award something is serious wrong. Last Friday in a big rivalry game versus Red Bank, Davis had punts of 64, 66, and 56, and he kicked a 37 yard field goal that proved to be the difference in the game. That field goal was set up by a high, spiraling kickoff from Davis which was muffed and recovered by Rhea County. The kid is a game changer, and has helped us win several games with his punting over the years.

If Josh Davis from Rhea County doesn't win the kicking award something is serious wrong. Last Friday in a big rivalry game versus Red Bank, Davis had punts of 64, 66, and 56, and he kicked a 37 yard field goal that proved to be the difference in the game. That field goal was set up by a high, spiraling kickoff from Davis which was muffed and recovered by Rhea County. The kid is a game changer, and has helped us win several games with his punting over the years.

i couldnt agree with you more josh should win it hands down he has been great for years now and for the backs does reciever count?? cuz if so aj brown should win it no doubt he has carried rhea through this whole year he can do it all as you have seen return punts kicks catchs anything that comes his way o yea he also threw for a touchdown this year he could probably coach the team and play center if they let em he should win easy

Marsalis Teague of Henry County. Incredible player in every facet of the game. He is without a doubt the best high school athelete I have laid my eyes on. 4A Mr. Football Back.

Dominique Allen of Henry County deserves to be on the ballot as well. He must be leading the state in career TD's and is high on the rushing list.

Marsalis Teague - 39 of 61 passing for 726 yards and 10 TD's (no int's either, i believe). 894 yards rushing on 56 carries for 14 td's.

Thru all the numbers that you will see on this thread, one that is hidden but tells a lot is that Marsalis Teague is averaging close to 16 yards per carry with 894 yards rushing. Simply when he has the ball he goes straight to the end zone. Coupled with the fact that Henry County??™s offense is averaging 47 pts per game and he has not played at all in many 2nd halves all year. There is a reason that schools like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Miami & Clemson are hard after this kid and are regular visitors to Henry County. He is also the #36 ranked athlete in the country accordingly to Rivals. I am not from Henry County but this kid is special for sure.