2009-2012 Football Classifications set

MOTO24

Then you agree with where Alcoa went. I think thats what was being reflected. Much the same situation if you stop and think about it. SC still has to deal with Alcoa. GV with SP. So its much the same. GV lost WT,FC, MJC and TC. Left with RBS, MHS,& Clay. Hopefully they will schedule in some quality 1A schools to play. If there is any left Without traveling for 3 hours..

On another note. Whats your thoughts on the SC/GV games continuing? Will it still happen?

Mossy, Hows it going? How is your son and is he still playing ball? Your team really misses him and the others lost to graduation.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon will stay. The level of athletes has dropped at Huntingdon. Just one of those cycles every school goes through.

I was worried Halls would get caught in the split for AA but we made it into A by about six schools...whew!!!

From the looks of it, Region 8A is completely gone except for Halls:

Fayette - DII

TCA and Middleton - AA

Manassas - AAA

Does anybody think Huntingdon will petition to go back to AA or stay in A with the other West TN schools: us, Greenfield, Gleason, Lake County, South Fulton, Bruceton, West Carroll and Union City?

Mossy, Hows it going? How is your son and is he still playing ball? Your team really misses him and the others lost to graduation.

I know they miss him. He also misses them.If he had started school a year later than he did he could have played this year. He was 17 when he graduated. He is sidelined for his freshman year. He didnt go to Campbellville as anticipated. He went to TTU late ( last days remaining) instead. I am not so sure talking with him if he will pursue football. He dont care much for the schedule the players have. He is still working out and running. Just in case he decides to go for it next year. I assume. When they go to College, you dont hear much from them. They are to busy making new friends and being accepted in the FRAT. I think the FRAT was a mistake, but he is on his own now. His decision.

SP stomp Indians team also? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Appears GV will have a weak schedule like SP has. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Unless GV will still play the 2 & 3A teams already scheduled through out the season. I hope so. It will be very boring watching blow outs otherwise. I am also a bit ashamed I dont know what this nail list is. Maybe they should have taken in consideration GVs Jr High has won 21 straight against 1,2,&3A teams. To include SC,TC,& FC. I assume they used this years schedule to obtain this list.But its just a list. Amusing as usual.

Mo, it seems like your Jr High program is doing well just like South Pittsburg's.....which means I am sure we will be battling for that 1A gold ball every year. SP's junior high program defeated Rhea Co's (4A) last week for the championship. We have not played Indian's team, but they would take a beating if we did. Our schedule will not be as week next year as it has been the last few years.....thank goodness we will drop most of these private school start up programs. They will not be in our region hopefully.

By the way....what position is GV in right now in the region?

there is a big reason for south pitt to move up, competition. i can assure you that the close games between boyd and tyner where more fun for the coaches and the players than the blwo outs. i bet the regions will be chocked full of teams and very little wiggle room to schedule some tough non-region games. winning 60-0 is no fun for either team involved.

there is a big reason for south pitt to move up, competition. i can assure you that the close games between boyd and tyner where more fun for the coaches and the players than the blwo outs. i bet the regions will be chocked full of teams and very little wiggle room to schedule some tough non-region games. winning 60-0 is no fun for either team involved.

Those games are fun and I think everyone enjoys competition, but SP has no business playing schools that can pool 2-3 times the kids every week. We are lucky to field 40 kids....with only 20-25 of them actually seeing playing time in big game situations. The way this new system works, we will more than likely be in a region with Marion, Sequatchie Co, Whitwell and probably a few other local teams. I was told that the regions would be smaller so that would leave room to schedule better teams. One thing about it, you can not help who is in your region and that you may have superior talent than most of them year in and year out.

Those games are fun and I think everyone enjoys competition, but SP has no business playing schools that can pool 2-3 times the kids every week. We are lucky to field 40 kids....with only 20-25 of them actually seeing playing time in big game situations. The way this new system works, we will more than likely be in a region with Marion, Sequatchie Co, Whitwell and probably a few other local teams. I was told that the regions would be smaller so that would leave room to schedule better teams. One thing about it, you can not help who is in your region and that you may have superior talent than most of them year in and year out.

If SP wasnt dominating their 1A competition right now this wouldnt be an issue but if they really are that loaded and if their younger players and middle schoolers are that good it seems like that may enjoy the level of play at 2A. There will still be some terrible teams in 2A but with Signal Montain and Boyd in 2A a championship would at least look better...killing everyone in 1A will only make more people wonder why they wouldnt move up if they had a chance.

SP fans...ohter small schools have played up many times including Goodpasture playing 2A with 1A enrollment, Brentwood Acadamy, Ensworth playing in the larger private division, Boyd scheduling teams like Baylor, Red Bank, Rhea Co, East Ridge, Cookville...not saying SP should play up but they should schedule tougher teams out of region.

Having said all that I think Boyd will be a great tema in 2A.

If SP wasnt dominating their 1A competition right now this wouldnt be an issue but if they really are that loaded and if their younger players and middle schoolers are that good it seems like that may enjoy the level of play at 2A. There will still be some terrible teams in 2A but with Signal Montain and Boyd in 2A a championship would at least look better...killing everyone in 1A will only make more people wonder why they wouldnt move up if they had a chance.

SP fans...ohter small schools have played up many times including Goodpasture playing 2A with 1A enrollment, Brentwood Acadamy, Ensworth playing in the larger private division, Boyd scheduling teams like Baylor, Red Bank, Rhea Co, East Ridge, Cookville...not saying SP should play up but they should schedule tougher teams out of region.

Having said all that I think Boyd will be a great tema in 2A.

SP is dominating right now, BUT there are lean years when you are a 1A program and do not recruit. I just don't see the argument for SP to move up. Competition is good, but playing against teams that have a much larger enrollment just makes no sense.

The only non-region games SP played were against your 2A region (Tyner, Marion Co, and Boyd). They can not help that they are in a weak region.

SP is dominating right now, BUT there are lean years when you are a 1A program and do not recruit. I just don't see the argument for SP to move up. Competition is good, but playing against teams that have a much larger enrollment just makes no sense.

The only non-region games SP played were against your 2A region (Tyner, Marion Co, and Boyd). They can not help that they are in a weak region.

Other schools have lean years too and have stilled played up. Many private schools do not recruit and I honestly dont know that any actually recruit. It is true that they have the luxury of anyone from anywhere enrolling at those schools but it doesnt always equal success....see Boyd in the 80's and early 90's. But when things got going the coaches and players said if we want to be all we can be we have to play better teams. Since then they have had down years but it still says something about a program that wants the challenge year in and year out. SP may not be able to change the region they are currently in but according to an earlier post they have until the 27th to change the future region they are in and it seems like coach Grider would lwant the challenge....by the way Boyd and other non division II schools are going to be playing schools with much larger enrollments than them, does that make any sense?

The only reason why people in 1a especially want south pittsburg to move up is because they are scared of them! Thats it! Why would you move up and miss a chance on winning 3 or 4 state championships in a row? I will take the blowout season wins any day as long as my team is celebrating a state championship at the end of the year! Nobody cares about the hard fought games down here in pirate country...It's all about bringing home that gold ball at the end of the year to us!