Siegel vs Riverdale

MVM

Well here we go again.....Siegel won the first meeting 1-0. What can Riverdale do to even the score? What does Siegel do to remain District champs? Or is everyone to nervous to comment about the game or make a prediction. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> This has got to be one of the best match-ups in the state along with Farragut vs Bearden.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here we go again.....Siegel won the first meeting 1-0. What can Riverdale do to even the score? What does Siegel do to remain District champs? Or is everyone to nervous to comment about the game or make a prediction. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> This has got to be one of the best match-ups in the state along with Farragut vs Bearden.

Well let me paint the target clearly on my back AGAIN. Prediction Riverdale 2-1 over Siegel, but hey I was wrong last time. It may be that Siegel just doesn't impress me with their play, but continue to win. In other words, they may be that good and I am just not seeing it. Riverdale should be somewhat fresher on Thursday than Siegel. And before any from Oakland starts throwing darts at me, remember that I picked the Lady Patriots as the surprise team of the District. I know that you; as I am, are extremely proud of the turnaround at Oakland. Your feelings two years down the road will make this year pale in comparison. Since I have the target for now, I'll go ahead and predict that Oakland is one of the two teams to make it out of district next year. Hopefully along with my beloved Blaze, but we will have to wait and see on that one. Need some knees to heal.

Well let me paint the target clearly on my back AGAIN. Prediction Riverdale 2-1 over Siegel, but hey I was wrong last time. It may be that Siegel just doesn't impress me with their play, but continue to win. In other words, they may be that good and I am just not seeing it. Riverdale should be somewhat fresher on Thursday than Siegel. And before any from Oakland starts throwing darts at me, remember that I picked the Lady Patriots as the surprise team of the District. I know that you; as I am, are extremely proud of the turnaround at Oakland. Your feelings two years down the road will make this year pale in comparison. Since I have the target for now, I'll go ahead and predict that Oakland is one of the two teams to make it out of district next year. Hopefully along with my beloved Blaze, but we will have to wait and see on that one. Need some knees to heal.

Round 2 goes to Riverdale 1-0, Hanna McGowan scores halfway thru the 2nd half. Siegel had their chances also.

Riverdale will host Columbia Central Tuesday night

Siegel travels to Shelbyville for their game.

Round 2 goes to Riverdale 1-0, Hanna McGowan scores halfway thru the 2nd half. Siegel had their chances also.

Riverdale will host Columbia Central Tuesday night

Siegel travels to Shelbyville for their game.

siegel at shelbyville will be monday night at 7:00 instead of tueday night

Details if you have them please?

Through my eyes, this was a very defensive game with not a lot of scoring chances for either team. 1st 20-25 minutes of the game Siegel was the aggressor and controlled the pace as well as having a 3 or 4 corners. rest of the half pretty even with Riverdale finally getting its offense going. 2nd half fairly even, until Hanah got loose in the box and drilled one into the net. Siegel pushed hard the rest of the game, but Riverdale was able to clear when needed. I would be surprised if the two teams dont meet again in the regional final next week, but you never know.

last night they announced it for monday unless neal changed his mind

They have to play on Tuesday. If not it will give the winning team the unfair advantage of an extra day's rest heading into Thursday's region final.

There will be round 3 of Siegel and Riverdale. District 8 is down this year. As it has been the previous 2 seasons, Riverdale and Siegel will play for the Region Championship on Thursday, and the right to host the all important sub state game on Saturday.

Best of luck to both 7 AAA teams remaining.

Through my eyes, this was a very defensive game with not a lot of scoring chances for either team. 1st 20-25 minutes of the game Siegel was the aggressor and controlled the pace as well as having a 3 or 4 corners. rest of the half pretty even with Riverdale finally getting its offense going. 2nd half fairly even, until Hanah got loose in the box and drilled one into the net. Siegel pushed hard the rest of the game, but Riverdale was able to clear when needed. I would be surprised if the two teams dont meet again in the regional final next week, but you never know.

What a well played game by both teams. Not that confirmation is needed, but I saw it pretty much the same way. A very defensive game. The first half did belong to Siegel with the exception of the Riverdale offensive flury rignt at the end of the half. While the second half was pretty even, it appeared that Siegel started pretty well the second half, but about 10 minutes in decided to step up the physicality of play. Maybe to just me alone, it apeared to wear their legs out over the next 15 min. It surprised me somewhat in that even when I have seen Siegel less than sharp, they have always been able to settle the ball and pass to feet. At least from my perspective, there was not much of that going on mid to late second half. Granted, a lot of that was due to Riverdale looking very sharp the second half. And while Hanah did get loose in the box, the assist from Smith was a thing of beauty.

Both teams should hold their heads high for the level of heart, grit and determination that I saw last night. I thought Trollinger and Anthony both had a whale of a game as well. Good luck to both teams as they move forward. Just don't overlook those teams to the south.