Region 7 4A versus Region 8 4A

therealgame

At the request of TraderB I started this topic. It appears as if Henry County will win region 7 (if we win one of our last two games). The winner of the Liberty-Brighton game should be second with the loser third and Hardin County fourth. Region 8 appears to be waiting on the Melrose-East game to determine a winner. If East wins its theirs. If Melrose wins then Fairley wins it. Melrose can finish second or third according to how I understand things. Kingsbury will be fourth and a likely trip to Henry County awaits them. How do you feel like things will go in the last two weeks of the regular season and then the likely matchups in the playoffs?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the request of TraderB I started this topic. It appears as if Henry County will win region 7 (if we win one of our last two games). The winner of the Liberty-Brighton game should be second with the loser third and Hardin County fourth. Region 8 appears to be waiting on the Melrose-East game to determine a winner. If East wins its theirs. If Melrose wins then Fairley wins it. Melrose can finish second or third according to how I understand things. Kingsbury will be fourth and a likely trip to Henry County awaits them. How do you feel like things will go in the last two weeks of the regular season and then the likely matchups in the playoffs?

I expect this year's results to be somewhat similar to last year's. Kingsbury is light years better than Raleigh Egypt was last year, and it is inevitable that many Henry County fans will underestimate their team, I still think that Henry County will handle them. From what I hear of Kingsbury, they're all run and no pass with Gabriel Hunter (who I am assuming will be playing more minutes than earlier in the season). Though I have not seen them play, they sound like a better version of Jackson NorthSide from last year with Hunter being slightly better than Mann. I expect Hardin to put up a respectable fight, much like Kingsbury, but ultimately fall to Fairley or East. Note: I know absolutely nothing about East. The interesting matchup, should it occurr, would be if Melrose and Liberty met up, with two big-play offenses with athletes everywhere. However, I'd be surprised if Liberty could out-athlete Melrose. After seeing Brighton firsthand, the loss of their starting quarterback was their ultimate undoing. I do not see Brighton beating Liberty for the second seed in 7-4A. Ultimately, everything does hinge on the East-Melrose game. Love to get some Memphis guy's opinions on that game coming up in a couple of weeks.

I expect this year's results to be somewhat similar to last year's. Kingsbury is light years better than Raleigh Egypt was last year, and it is inevitable that many Henry County fans will underestimate their team, I still think that Henry County will handle them. From what I hear of Kingsbury, they're all run and no pass with Gabriel Hunter (who I am assuming will be playing more minutes than earlier in the season). Though I have not seen them play, they sound like a better version of Jackson NorthSide from last year with Hunter being slightly better than Mann. I expect Hardin to put up a respectable fight, much like Kingsbury, but ultimately fall to Fairley or East. Note: I know absolutely nothing about East. The interesting matchup, should it occurr, would be if Melrose and Liberty met up, with two big-play offenses with athletes everywhere. However, I'd be surprised if Liberty could out-athlete Melrose. After seeing Brighton firsthand, the loss of their starting quarterback was their ultimate undoing. I do not see Brighton beating Liberty for the second seed in 7-4A. Ultimately, everything does hinge on the East-Melrose game. Love to get some Memphis guy's opinions on that game coming up in a couple of weeks.

Melrose will handle East and will therefore finish 2nd with Fairley being the #l seed. East will be 3 with Kingsbury being the last to qualify in 4th. Kingsbury will make the trip to Paris with Gabriel Hunter and will give the fans in Paris a look at a truly outstanding back. (committed to Ole Miss). He is an outstanding player however as good as he is, Henry should be able to outscore the Falcons. I believe from what I've heard and seen, Region 8 will win the other three. Fairley, East and Melrose should best Region 7's Liberty, Brighton, and Hardin. The fans in Orange Mound are eagerly awaiting another matchup between the golden wildcats and Henry. Hopefully this will transpire and Memphians will be treated to a great game. As for first round action. look for Liberty to beat Brighton and then Brighton will be matched with Melrose. This should be no contest as the speed of Melrose will make this easier than one would think. Hardin can not nor will not hang with Fairley. East is the X factor but has several outstanding athletes. I'm going to give the edge to East here. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Just an early opinion. -

+

This is how I see things shaping up. Henry County will win region 7. Liberty second, Brighton third, and Hardin County fourth. I think Melrose will beat East (could be close), so Fairley will be first, followed by Melrose, East, and then Kingsbury. I would pick Henry County over Kingsbury. I would then pick East over Liberty, Melrose to destroy Brighton, and Fairley to destroy Hardin County. Then Melrose would travel to Henry County for what I believe to be a battle between the two best teams in both regions. East and Fairley would play again and I would pick Fairley to win this time. The Henry County-Melrose winner would then travel to Fairley. The HUGE question is who wins Melrose-Henry County. I go with Henry County but it will be closer than most around here think. Don't be fooled by the three losses that Melrose has. If East beats Melrose in the final game of the season, it will mean that Fairley goes to Henry County in round two, and the winner probably goes to Orange mound for round three.

Melrose will handle East and will therefore finish 2nd with Fairley being the #l seed. East will be 3 with Kingsbury being the last to qualify in 4th. Kingsbury will make the trip to Paris with Gabriel Hunter and will give the fans in Paris a look at a truly outstanding back. (committed to Ole Miss). He is an outstanding player however as good as he is, Henry should be able to outscore the Falcons. I believe from what I've heard and seen, Region 8 will win the other three. Fairley, East and Melrose should best Region 7's Liberty, Brighton, and Hardin. The fans in Orange Mound are eagerly awaiting another matchup between the golden wildcats and Henry. Hopefully this will transpire and Memphians will be treated to a great game. As for first round action. look for Liberty to beat Brighton and then Brighton will be matched with Melrose. This should be no contest as the speed of Melrose will make this easier than one would think. Hardin can not nor will not hang with Fairley. East is the X factor but has several outstanding athletes. I'm going to give the edge to East here. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Just an early opinion. -

+

I also think Melrose will beat East, so the potential Henry County-Melrose game would be at Henry County. Is that what you see happening, or am I wrong?

This is how I see things shaping up. Henry County will win region 7. Liberty second, Brighton third, and Hardin County fourth. I think Melrose will beat East (could be close), so Fairley will be first, followed by Melrose, East, and then Kingsbury. I would pick Henry County over Kingsbury. I would then pick East over Liberty, Melrose to destroy Brighton, and Fairley to destroy Hardin County. Then Melrose would travel to Henry County for what I believe to be a battle between the two best teams in both regions. East and Fairley would play again and I would pick Fairley to win this time. The Henry County-Melrose winner would then travel to Fairley. The HUGE question is who wins Melrose-Henry County. I go with Henry County but it will be closer than most around here think. Don't be fooled by the three losses that Melrose has. If East beats Melrose in the final game of the season, it will mean that Fairley goes to Henry County in round two, and the winner probably goes to Orange mound for round three.

Melrose comin to henry county again. After last year and after what henry county is doin this year. The crowd would be HUGE.

Not so fast my friends. It is not a guarantee that Melrose will beat East. Remember, East beat Fairley. East scored 30 by half time and should have scored two other times but had 2 unforced turnovers (QB - RB exchange). They handled Kingsbury with relative ease, Fairley struggled. Raleigh Egypt was close, but two of their best linemen were out (1 played a half) and Coach Wimberly was experimenting with his offense, albeit almost cost them. White Station was a let down game that I think the kids learned a lot from. No excuses, just saying that you should wait and see what happens on the 31st. I wouldn't just give it to Melrose just yet. Maybe I am a homer. Only time will tell.

Region 8 is very strong this year. HC will have a tough time getting past the top 3. All three tout good QB's and skill guys. HC may have to play 2 out of those three. Anything can happen, but I can assure you it will not be a cake walk through any of these 3 teams. I can't wait!!

Not so fast my friends. It is not a guarantee that Melrose will beat East. Remember, East beat Fairley. East scored 30 by half time and should have scored two other times but had 2 unforced turnovers (QB - RB exchange). They handled Kingsbury with relative ease, Fairley struggled. Raleigh Egypt was close, but two of their best linemen were out (1 played a half) and Coach Wimberly was experimenting with his offense, albeit almost cost them. White Station was a let down game that I think the kids learned a lot from. No excuses, just saying that you should wait and see what happens on the 31st. I wouldn't just give it to Melrose just yet. Maybe I am a homer. Only time will tell.

Region 8 is very strong this year. HC will have a tough time getting past the top 3. All three tout good QB's and skill guys. HC may have to play 2 out of those three. Anything can happen, but I can assure you it will not be a cake walk through any of these 3 teams. I can't wait!!

eastMustang, I haven't seen your boys play this year but I have seen the results. The Maplewood game got my attention ... real quick. I don't know if you are aware but your Mustangs have their player profiles filled out on the M a x p r e p s link that is in the Commercial Appeal's Prep Section complete with photo's of the players. I was impressed with Mark Guyton. #9, a 5'-10", 245 lb MLB/FB. I saw the clip of him break off a 55 yard run on the Commercial Appeal's website against Kingsbury. That big and that fast ... wow! Reminds me of those classic fullbacks that coach Randle would have back in the day. I read the stats on M a x p r e p s and I see your QB, FB, and RB all run the ball extremley well not to mention your QB, #5, Jaszy Parker, has spread the ball out a lot but there is one WR that has considerably more catches and yards then the rest. He's passed for about 800 yards on the year and run for about 400. I saw where your FB has over 550 rushing yards on the year with a 7.08 ypc ave. Your RB, #10, Jamison Knox, has rushed for about 814 yards with a 6.51 ypc ave. on the season. Your best WR, #1, Felando Warr has 22 catches for about 400 yards so far. East is the unknown this year ... but from what I am reading ... weapons galore ... there isn't one person to try and stop. That's what I get when I look at the stats. Your TE, #22, Cory Chatman has 8 catches for 126 yards. Your FB has caught the ball about 8 times out of the backfield for about 84 yards. There are 5 others who have caught the ball as well. I was impressed with the detail on the website and the photo's were a nice touch. You get to see the size of these guys and East definately has athletes all over the field. All of those stats do not however tell me what kind of offense East runs. My guess from looking at the stats is probably some type of I ... either straight or offset, or maybe a veer or pro set of some kind. Toss in a spreasd/trip on passing downs to counter what a defense is trying to throw at you or for a change of pace. East has the athletes to do that. That's me guessing though ... but it is well appearent ... East is not one-dimensional on offense, thats for sure.

I'll tell you this ... I'm not assuming anything. This reminds me of those classic East/Melrose showdowns ... this is going to be a battle.

I have not seen either team play but former coach friends of mine who have seen both, think that Melrose should win. They say that the Melrose defense against the run is superior to the east defense against the pass. No one up here in Henry County thinks that it will be a cakewalk. They have seen Melrose and Fairley every year and East a few years ago.

Is the only way henry county can host the 3rd round game is if its a region 7 team?

That is the way I interpret the situation, and that WON'T happen!

I have not seen either team play but former coach friends of mine who have seen both, think that Melrose should win. They say that the Melrose defense against the run is superior to the east defense against the pass. No one up here in Henry County thinks that it will be a cakewalk. They have seen Melrose and Fairley every year and East a few years ago.

Are these the same coaches that thought Brighton was going to be a challenge? Kidding, btw /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That is the way I interpret the situation, and that WON'T happen!

I agree. Unless somebody pulls out some weopons that we didn't know about. Warrior do you think rest will help our starters or not make a difference.