Lexington at TCA

Stockerd

I'm sure in your own mind, you just made a good argument? Guess that's all that really matters. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sorry, I must have gone over your little head. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

It was very clear and to the point. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

If you need pictures to help understand go see a Liberty football game or Henry Co (with 3 D1 players) or Hardin Co or David Lipscomb, Dyersburg, Marshall Co or a Maryville game.

It "really does" matter! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kind of speed and the kind athletes these school have is not down in the 1A class.... I have respect for your team and 1A football but you not seeing the kinds of ahletes we play every Friday night.

These types of comments irritate me. Why do some people believe that 1A is "down below" 3A in the quality of athlete??? Do you think there is some kind of tryout for classifications? lol

I will grant you that with more students in a school there is an increased probability that there will be a star performer, or even several, in the group but that is statistical probability, not a fact. A great athlete can actually be born and/or raised in most any environment, even third world countries. It depends more on heredity, discipline, and training than it does geography or environment.

I don't mean to pick on you BigRed, I just see comments like this a lot and they seem to put down people at small schools. I just felt a need to climb on my soapbox but I am done now /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I feel better!

1st of all id like to point out manasas is going to 3a next year. they combined with another school recently and they have the student body AND size of any 3a team in west tennessee. and the talent. 2nd TCA has played 7 games so far. Guess how many were against 1a teams...3!! and thats just their region. they probly have the hardest 1a schedule around. and lastly, Trinity rushes the ball very well. Look at the statistics. 290+ yards against fayette on the ground is not easy. It will be a good game no doubt but i feel your argument is poor. Good luck to both teams!!!

BIGRED has a point, no matter what 1A team plays a higher classification, they will be undersized and outnumbered. However, last year this same argument arose before this game, and TCA went to Lexington and fought for a big 39-14 victory. Someone stated that Mannassas had one of the best backs in west tenn. You better believe it. He may not be 6-3 240. But he is about 6-0 190 and can FLY!!! TCA has played a rough schedule this year, and they are battle tested. They are better than their record or scores indicate. They will battle Lexington, and i know i said they would win, but they will have to play a near perfect game on defense.

I have had the opportunity to talk to many of the players throughout this year, and while they are young, the fire in their eyes is burning bright. I have 100% confidence that they will play hard every play. I am so proud to be a fan and graduate of TCA and an ex 1A ball player.

I hope Lexington brings a big crowd tomorrow night. It is hard to beat a packed Windy City road stadium on Friday nights!

Good Luck to both teams and schools!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok BigRed, you have kindled a fire here. Yes 1A does not usually have the size and numbers of the bigger classification, that is why they have the classification system in the first place. What you cant say is that TCA has not seen the athletes that Lexington. You named a bunch of teams like Maryville and Henry Co in which neither of these teams would be within 30 points. If this was true, how did TCA go to Lexington and win big last year?? A 1A team can have athletes and good teams will find ways to compete.

Also, you brought Humboldt into the argument. Let's see... ya'll lost to Humboldt and TCA beat a team that beat Humboldt 44-7. TCA plays bigger schools because they know it provides better competition.

As for the game, as I said earlier it will be close. Lexington is a run-dominated team and that is only going to make the clock go faster. I havent seen Lexington's running back but I seriously doubt he is as good as James King from Manassas who is big and fast. TCA is well-balanced and have a great kicker to go along. If TCA can get their offense on the field and keep their defense from getting tired late, TCA could pull off the win against the "much bigger, much faster" Lexington team. TCA will be ready and they will play hard every play.

TCA 38

Lex 35

Your not getting the big picture here. I'm talking about 3A/4A football against private school 1A football. Has TCA played teams like Liberty, Hardin Co (both 4A) or Humboldt this season........no. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> The kind of speed and the kind athletes these school have is not down in the 1A class. The Tigers have played big, fast teams every week this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Let me make myself clear about this. I'm not talking about a team with one or two fast players i'm talking about the WHOLE team is fast. TCA does have the athlete's to beat Humboldt or a Liberty Tech. Why don't you guys schedule more teams from Jackson like: Southside, JCM, Liberty or Northside?? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I have respect for your team and 1A football but you not seeing the kinds of ahletes we play every Friday night.

Good luck to both teams!!

Just to play devil's advocate, I think USJ and maybe JCS (TCA played both) would probably beat every team you mentioned.

its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog... didnt you catch that last year BIGRED when you lost to our poor pitiful 1a team? PLEASE PLEASE take it easy on us

Yes they did and i was suprised at that. I have not seen either team but I know personally that this Lexington team bears little resemblance to last years team. The coaching change has really energized the team and they have played much better than anyone gave them a chance to. I don't know who will win but i suspect the outcome will be much different that last year.

The question is at this time of year is will all of the regular starters play, or do the coaches set out some players to heal up some nicks and bruises before the postseason, and for Lexington a game next week with Southside for the region title?

I have seen both teams play. Riverside scrimmaged TCA and played Lexington the first game of the year.

I would have to say Lexington wins.

Lexington 27

TCA 24

This game will be a mess because of the weather.

TCA does have some speed but Lexington has more because of their school size. That is the difference.

Just to play devil's advocate, I think USJ and maybe JCS (TCA played both) would probably beat every team you mentioned.

While i have no dog in this fight, there are a few points that come to mind as i read this thread.

1. While TCA has stepped up and played a pretty tough non region schedule(and played well) , their schedule does not match up with the teams that lexington has played.

2. I am not down on 1A ball, there are great players that come through 1A schools (patrick willis for example) but as you go up in class it is a numbers game. With a larger pool of students to draw from you are more likely to get more great athletes on the same team. the biggest difference in 1A and 3A is depth.

3. Lexington was terrible last year, regardless of their class. They are much improved this year. So the argument that TCA beat them last year is irrelevant to this discussion.

and finally...

4. You don't seriously think that USJ would beat Liberty, Hardin Co., Henry Co., and Maryville ?????