Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

This will be a fun night for all the seniors and there parents. I remember my senior night when I played at Farragut but we didn't have our parents with us. This will be a awesome time for me to see my son finish his career at the same place were I played. It has been a great fours years.

What is pretty interesting about all this my Jr year we were sitting in the same situation Farragit is this year we need Carter to beat Maryville in the last game to win the district just like SD and Ooltewah and Carter won. My senior year we won the district out right just like last years team did. Then it was call district not region. The last time Farragut won a region or district was my senior year up till last year. Farragut won back to back district or regions in 1988 and 1989. It would be pretty cool to see my son and the team to do the same.

Senior night is awesome congrats to you and your son! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I really want The owls to lose because back to back region titles would be pretty sweet for farragut since it hasnt happened sice the 88 89 years! With that said i think we will win this game....i hope BIG...and carry some good momentum into the playoffs. Congrats to all the seniors and hopefully they well end their careers without ever losing a home game during the regular season. And for that matter in the playoffs too.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that loss is not in region play, it is to Maplewood, so it wouldn't matter correct?

It does not matter. They will have two total loss one region and one non-region. We would have just one loss a region. TSSAA rules states it takes all game played region and non-region game to decide a tie breaker. Even thou Ooltewah beat us the first time they have to win out. If they would not have lost to Maplewood it would not matter they would win the tie breaker.

We can only hope the weather is really bad so as few as people as possible watch the whopping Oak Ridge is fixin to get on Friday. The good news it the season will then be over.

Ram Dad

I dont think the Wildcats will play that bad.....they still lose....but I think their special teams makes a play....Farragut 28-6

My goodness..temper temper. You're going to show everybody why nobody likes people from Farragut!

What is new. We could pay everyones way into a home game and we will still not be liked. Your a OR fan you should know this. Farragut could be 0-100 and who ever we played could be 100-0 and this game would mean the world to them. We will always be known as the pretty rich boys but what people don't know is alot of players are not rich. Thats how its been for as long as I have been around Farragut sports and I am 37 years old whats new.

I don't know the Farragut coaches very well but I can't imagine they'll put everything they have into this game. If they're up by a couple TDs (which I suspect will happen early), they'll probably take their stars out. It's a rivalry game but it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things...they want everyone healthy for the playoffs. I hated Farragut with every fiber of my being but they'll get a comfortable lead early and just coast. I don't think the score will be the lopsided because Farragut will save some guys but it will be a decisive victory.

Prediction:

Farragut 28

Oak Ridge 13

lets not forget fsu...farragut won a region title in 1993, the first year of region 2-5a. and theres a little clarification on how the tie-breaker. it will end up like thorough97 explained. if farragut and soddy win, then all three farragut, ooltewah, and soddy will have one region loss, and all lost to each other. THEN it goes to overall victories, and farragut would have the best overall record, and soddy gets the nod over ooltewah head to head for second place.

lets not forget fsu...farragut won a region title in 1993, the first year of region 2-5a. and theres a little clarification on how the tie-breaker. it will end up like thorough97 explained. if farragut and soddy win, then all three farragut, ooltewah, and soddy will have one region loss, and all lost to each other. THEN it goes to overall victories, and farragut would have the best overall record, and soddy gets the nod over ooltewah head to head for second place.

Thats right. Thats what I said. Now if Farragut lose to OR and SD wins then SD is first Owls second and Farragut third. I looked it up it up in the book Clyde Floyd wrote about Farragut football history 1993 that was the first year Farragut beat Oak Ridge in a long time and we lost to Rhea County that year. The last time I saw anything was 1989.

Thats right. Thats what I said. Now if Farragut lose to OR and SD wins then SD is first Owls second and Farragut third. I looked it up it up in the book Clyde Floyd wrote about Farragut football history 1993 that was the first year Farragut beat Oak Ridge in a long time and we lost to Rhea County that year. The last time I saw anything was 1989.

they won the region that year and earned a first-round bye in the playoffs. that year and i think in 1994 also, the champions got byes. they beat lebanon in the second round and lost to riverdale in the quarterfinals.

they won the region that year and earned a first-round bye in the playoffs. that year and i think in 1994 also, the champions got byes. they beat lebanon in the second round and lost to riverdale in the quarterfinals.

I know 1994 Oak Ridge won it that year. We talked about this last year we couldn't remember about 1993 and we even asked coach Fisher about it and he couldn't remember because Rhea County was in the region then. Did you play on this team.

We can only hope the weather is really bad so as few as people as possible watch the whopping Oak Ridge is fixin to get on Friday. The good news it the season will then be over.

Ram Dad

I know 1994 Oak Ridge won it that year. We talked about this last year we couldn't remember about 1993 and we even asked coach Fisher about it and he couldn't remember because Rhea County was in the region then. Did you play on this team.

Ram Dad

Haha. Im happy to hear all the Oak ridge folks are in high spirits. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Im hoping its whopping because lets face it we have gotten our fair share from the Ridgers but these last two years have been sweet and il bet friday night will be all sooooooooo sweet for us Admiral faithful. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />