Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

Still here, still read the posts, still see every farragut game, varsity jv and freshman. I no longer post because few wanted the truth. Most, who continually showed their lack of football knowledge, just wanted to engage in childish arguements, and point fingers. Luckily most of those have now graduated.

Welcome back STARPOWER

This is your ole Gov buddy.. Believe it or not, I also had noticed your absense. It's easy to get burnt out on the threads if you take this stuff to seriously... Don't get me wrong.. I like to argue a little bit myself and "show my lack of football knowlege" on a regular basis, but don't let that stop you from posting.. I have , once or twice , jerked someones chain just to get a rise out of them but as you pointed out earlier, the truth will make people madder than anything. A little bit truth on these threads wouldn't hurt anybody....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still here, still read the posts, still see every farragut game, varsity jv and freshman. I no longer post because few wanted the truth. Most, who continually showed their lack of football knowledge, just wanted to engage in childish arguements, and point fingers. Luckily most of those have now graduated.

STARPOWER, Will this just be a guest appearance or are you back to posting. If so, whats your take on the season and what do you think about friday night?

Yeah,Yeah this guy is a fake. He is talking crap about all the guys that graduated last year. What do you think about our graduating class, 2009? Are we not up to your standards either?

2007 was a great class, probably should have won it all. 2008 is potentially as good, but O-Line is a definite concern. If you saw what Ooltewah did to them you will agree. They will have to do some things to make teams spread their defense. Maybe more short passes to get them to walk a LB out. The Offensive coaches will have a better game plan vs. a team like Ooltewah next time. 2009 looks to be perhaps the best of all. No real weaknesses anywhere. If Browning gets into shape to be running threat, their offense will be what it is designed to be.

This week should be a big win for Farragut. Hopefully the Ooltewah game has brought the team back down to reality. That reality is you have to play hard every week. Oak Ridge still has some weapons, so if Farragut can keep them down early and not let them get any confidence it should be 3 in a row for the Admirals. Minimize OR's big plays, pressure Irby, be solid in special teams.

2007 was a great class, probably should have won it all. 2008 is potentially as good, but O-Line is a definite concern. If you saw what Ooltewah did to them you will agree. They will have to do some things to make teams spread their defense. Maybe more short passes to get them to walk a LB out. The Offensive coaches will have a better game plan vs. a team like Ooltewah next time. 2009 looks to be perhaps the best of all. No real weaknesses anywhere. If Browning gets into shape to be running threat, their offense will be what it is designed to be.

This week should be a big win for Farragut. Hopefully the Ooltewah game has brought the team back down to reality. That reality is you have to play hard every week. Oak Ridge still has some weapons, so if Farragut can keep them down early and not let them get any confidence it should be 3 in a row for the Admirals. Minimize OR's big plays, pressure Irby, be solid in special teams.

I agree except fo the part about 2009 class. I see them having trouble in the O-Line part as well. I also see trouble against a pass heavy team. I think one reason Farragut is so good this year is becasue competition is WAY down. Not to take anything away from the team, they are pretty darn good. I just think it would be a way tougher road if the competition was anything what it was like last year. Oh by the way STARPOWER, are you ever gonna lift your mask, and tell us who you are? You have made a guessing game throughout the program.

Should be a fun friday night this week i hope we can make it three in a row. STARPOWER are you going to wear a costume to the game? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OK kidding aside STARPOWER make your comeback complete with a score prediction then you can will be offically back on coacht. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Reese isn't going to become fast in 3 weeks. Here's the easiest way to relieve such a tough D-line. ROLL HIM OUT OF THE POCKET!! Frankly, i was surprised the coaching staff didnt think of that last time. I mean the kid can make all the throws and it would be good for our O-line to zone block against them instead of straight up man to man.

2007 class I thought had a real good chances at it last year but we moved some guys around on defense and it hurt us in the playoff. 2008 class if they would stop worrying about who is going to be the captains for the game or who catches the most balls or scores the most TD in the game this team can play lights out very balance team. Ever since the Bearden game they seem to be playing in spirits here and there. When this team comes out and just plays and not worry about the little stuff they are hard to beat. They have made some adjustment with the o-line the past two weeks looked pretty good against SD running the ball. Defense needs to stay hungry for 4 qtrs alot of missed tackles last week in the 2 half of the SD game. 2009 class has some good looking freshman lineman and to me there is one kid #24 could play FS on defense right now on Friday nights. Likes to hit and place the FS like you are sponse to. Good looking kid.

Cant help myself its Oak Ridge gameday and Halloween what a great combination. And its senior night. GREAT night for Admiral fans. Should be a great game to watch a great rivarly. I believe Farragut is too strong for the Ridgers thsi year. Purty should rush for about a 100 and at least a TD and Reese should be able to pick apart the defense(as usual) and when its all said and done Farragut will have their longest win streak against Oak Ridge! Probably not a surprise i just love this score so much but my predicition is 42-7 Farragut /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> im sure the seniors will be focused for this one!

Farragut's biggest problem is usually focus. There is always so much going on outside football that players are easily distracted. Tonight there is Senior Night and Halloween. I'm sure there are plenty of Halloween parties going on around West Knoxville tonight that the players are planning on attending, and because of that I am predicting a little lower score:

Farragut 24 - Oak Ridge 10

Oak Ridge will probably hit us for one big play, either in the kicking game, or a long pass.

Farragut's biggest problem is usually focus. There is always so much going on outside football that players are easily distracted. Tonight there is Senior Night and Halloween. I'm sure there are plenty of Halloween parties going on around West Knoxville tonight that the players are planning on attending, and because of that I am predicting a little lower score:

Farragut 24 - Oak Ridge 10

Oak Ridge will probably hit us for one big play, either in the kicking game, or a long pass.

Every team has distractions like these. I wouldn't consider that being Farragut's problem since every team goes through this.... Farragut is easily a top 5 team in the state. They have smashed every team they have played except Ooltewah. Farragut 35 Oak Ridge 10