FridayMainEvent

Game Winner  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Game Winner

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big matchup this week. JB is coming off an emotional loss lastnight but if I know JB they will come out hungry and executing their offense to a T. Mcewen is riding an 8 game winning streak and they have played really well. They have put up very big numbers against MTCS, Forrest, and Eagleville. Some food for thought though, Mcewen has had the privelage of playing all of these teams after JB and Cascade both played them the two weeks prior to them. I think Mcewen is capable of beating JB but I am going with JB winning this one by 7 plus points due to their defense.

Final Score

JB - 30

Mactown - 22

Yeah, getting to play after JBS and Cascade has really helped us this year... and this has weakened the other teams they have played... the good new is McEwen is on that 8 game streak, they're hot, and the whole team has the mentality that they can go out and compete with anybody (something that I feel has been missing in teams of the past)... So yeah, it did help, but you take what you get and act accordingly... I'm sure there is a team that plays after all 3 team(jbs, cascade, mcewen) has played them, and that's even better...

Yeah, getting to play after JBS and Cascade has really helped us this year... and this has weakened the other teams they have played... the good new is McEwen is on that 8 game streak, they're hot, and the whole team has the mentality that they can go out and compete with anybody (something that I feel has been missing in teams of the past)... So yeah, it did help, but you take what you get and act accordingly... I'm sure there is a team that plays after all 3 team(jbs, cascade, mcewen) has played them, and that's even better...

You are right, our guys know they can win this game. Last year and the year before, it was definitely a long shot. This year is different. If we play the way I know we can play, there is no question we can win this game. These guys have worked hard in the weight room and on the field for the past year for this moment. They deserve the season we have had so far. We just need to put the icing on the cake with a win on Friday to secure 2nd place and home field advantage the first round of the playoffs. GO BIG RED!!

If Jo Byrns doesn't come up with some more offense to go with the 2 running plays they have, (fullback dive, tailback lead off tackle to the left side), it will be very difficult to win another game this year. Defense is solid. No way we should have held Cascade to 15 points and lost. Anyone involved in our offense, wake up before its too late!

THIS WILL BE THE MOST PHYSICAL TEAM JBS WILL PLAY (REGULAR SEASON). THEY HAVE THE BEST RUN BLOCKING OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE REGION AND THEIR TAILBACK IS PROBABLY THE BEST BACK JO BYRNS WILL HAVE FACED. NOT A REALLY GOOD PASSING TEAM. (BY THE WAY DO NOT LULLED TO SLEEP IF YOU STOP THEM EARLY--A PUG NOLAN TEAM WILL FIGHT THE WHOLE GAME)

WHAT IS SCARRY ABOUT THIS HALLOWEEN MATCHUP IS MCEWEN'S 33-0 WIN OVER MTCS AND 27-7 WIN OVER FORREST. THESE ARE TWO TEAMS THAT JBS HAD VERY TOUGH TIMES WITH. I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT OF LATE MCEWEN IS PROBABLY THE BEST TEAM IN THE REGION. THEY LOST TO CASCADE EARLY--I REALLY THINK THEY WOULD BEAT CASCADE NOW. (I KNOW CASCADE BLEW MCEWEN OUT EARLY, BUT MCEWEN HAS BEEN A DIFFERENT TEAM LATELY--AND THIS IS NO DISRESPECT TO CASCADE--CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR REGION CHAMPIONSHIP) JBS NEEDS TO COME OUT AND TAKE THE FIGHT TO MCEWEN OR IT COULD BE A LONG RIDE BACK.

BE READY TO HIT HARD ALL NIGHT LONG AND YOU WILL NOT MAKE MCEWEN BACK DOWN--THEY WILL BE IN YOUR FACE ALL NIGHT LONG. JBS YOU CAN WIN--BUT YOU BETTER BE READY TO PLAY YOUR BEST GAME OF THE SEASON.

So, is Mactown puttin' a hook and lateral in the game plan this week? Looks like it works against JB's very aggressive D. Another thing that could play into Mactowns hands is Nolan's O that they have ran since the beginning of time...the trap, or counter trey that the Bills ran in the 90's. IF JB can just follow the guards they'll know where the ball is going. Easier said than done. I can guarantee Mactown will be bringin' it hard. Better get a new mouthpiece and check your chin strap buttons 'cause they will hitcha in the mouth and always have regardless of record. JB will need to bring the lumber this week for sure.