FootballAce

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to set the record straight I'm from Macon County:

I thought your new stadium was awesome

I thought you announcer was pathetic!

I wanted to do physical harm to the "chain gang"...(well...not really...not much harm...maybe a little..lot of 1st & 9.5's for GB)

but man you've got the best catchy original name on coach t..............

EZBeingGreen...(That's good)...good luck against White House....they're real good!!!

Thanks Songwriter. Some weeks are EZ'er than others. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> This week is a good one cuz' our Lady Cats are playing for a back-to-back Volleyball Championship, not so hot for our Bobcats that are done after tomorrow night. BUT, we'll play the game and give it our best. With a little rebuilding, we WILL be back! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm surprised we haven't seen a reincarnated catfish back on board. I haven't seen any posts that look like his yet. He likes his high school football...

Everytime I've been on the boards reading, I've been looking for the "tail-tail" signs of the fish as well. I'm figuring it won't be much longer....

I'm surprised we haven't seen a reincarnated catfish back on board. I haven't seen any posts that look like his yet. He likes his high school football...

I saw his comment on the Tennessean yesterday...complaining that Lockridge didn't "pick" Cheatham County. Same name....he'll be back. He's probably lurking somewhere.

I want to take this opportunity to apologize if there was any confusion about my comments last week. I wasn't saying those guys didn't deserve playing time or that they weren't good athletes. I was just stating that they seemed to get an advantage at least early on in their careers at GHS I only hate the wing t because i played WR and we never passed. lol just wanted to state for the record no jealousy here.

See I take up for players this was my post from 22 OCT 08

"I know i'm coming in late here, but there have been plenty of players from Greenbrier that chould have played D1 football.

Derrick Lucas TB-1994 Mr Football winner and Greenbrier Legend. Older brother of Springfield standout Antuwan Lucas didn't garner serious attention because he was deaf. His Mr. Football Trophy sat in the trophy room at the team fieldhouse inspiring later players Derek Adams and Jamie Wilhelm who watched him play when they were peewees. Played for Anderson College.

Jeremiah Adams LB 1993-1996 Awesome talent. Didn't have the grades.

Jeremiah Pierce QB 1994-1997 6'4" 210 lbs rocket arm and 4.5 speed. One of the top passers in the state, often ran out of a four wide shotgun formation throwing the ball 30 times a game for Coach Scott Smith...yes that Scott Smith. chose to play college baseball instead.

Eugene Raymer SS 1994-1997 Team Captain was a devastating hitter and was sure to take any int to the house. loved to party and hated school. never responded to offers from Ohio State.

*Derek Adams FB/LB 1996-1999. Team Captain 230 lb feature back in 1999 (Coach William's second year). led midstate in scoring and tallied high tackle totals. Was known to hold work out sessions with Jamie Wilhelm, Joey Ellis and Clint Baker at the fieldhouse which he was entrusted with a key to, they sometimes stayed until after midnight in his quest for a state title and Mr Football award. Offers from Kentucky, Miss. State and East Carolina among others. Mr Football Finalist didn't want to leave girlfriend and family. Ironically later joined the Army.

Matt Combs C 1997-1999 Three year starter at center had offers from Florida State and Georgia. Was the cornerstone of a strong line until his appendix ruptured early in his senior year. time in hospital led to a dramatic weight loss. never returned to 100%

*Jamie Wilhelm TB/CB 1997-2000 Team Captain 5'10" 185 lb Jack of all tradesfound playing time early on returning kicks and punts and even took some carries from Matthew Mayo in 1998. Also played QB, WR or SS if needed. Adam's fieldhouse key was passed on to Wilhelm who could power clean 330 lbs and ran a 4.41 40yard dash. Never rushed for over 500 yards in a season but was an excellent shut down CB and punt returner. In three years as a starter on defense rarely gave up a reception and only gave up two Touchdown Passes. Wasn't academically eligible for college. Offers came from lots of schools for him to play cornerback. Not sure which ones.

J.B. Evans LB 1997-2000 Great Size and Strength. Destroyed RBs and Qbs at the point of attack. Only weaknesses were lack of side to side speed and was not a very smart player often making mistakes and also committing many penalties that cost his team in crucial times. The physical talent was there and MTSU gave him a shot...he didn't get any smarter.

*Justin Adams MLB 1998-2001 Didn't play jr year due to shoulder injury. Started as a freshman at mike linebacker. probably the best baseball player the school has ever seen. Justin had been noticed at a young age and had been under constant pressure to perform and play through injuries. After Coach Williams insulted him by questioning his heart after he played through mono and a high ankel sprain as a Sr. and the pressure to play through a shoulder injury in baseball, Justin claimed that after High School he would never play organized sports again because they were no longer fun to him and he didn't like the pressure to play while legitimately injured. Despite offers from the Cinncinatti Reds Justin joined the Army, kept his promise and has never played sports.

Brandon Holder QB/WR 1998-2001 6'3" 205 lbs Great Passer and runner. Played very well at reciever and second QB in 1999. As a Junior in 2000 starting only five games after the injury of senior QB Stetson Dickerson he threw for over 900 yards and 11 tds in Williams run happy Wing T. Was named Tn State player of the week for come from behind win against Livingston Academy to clinch playoff berth. Coming from 28-7 in the beginning of th 4th to win 29-28. Holder accounted for all four TDs in the game. The 2001 team struggled to find leadership after 2000 senior leaders Jared Cummings and Jamie Wilhelm departed. Brandon played well but couldn't earn a winning record. Schools don't look at losing QBs.

John Burkhalter DT/OT 1998-2001 6'2" 315 lb defensive tackle could fight off a blocker with one arm and stop a 200 lb RB dead in his tracks with the other. Clogged the middle of the defense for three years. Back injury kept colleges worried about his future.

The 1999 Greenbrier Bobcats were the most physically gifted team that GHS ever had. They experienced growing pains under Coach Williams and had some internal problems between players. They also had injury problems. losing Justin Adams(shoulder)Brett Taylor(leg) Bobby George(leg) Burkhalter(back) and Matt Combs(appendix) all for the middle portion of the year. This put much pressure on D. Adams, Wilhelm, Evans and Holder and two of GHS's four losses came during this time. The team did finish with a winning record and were the first Bobcat team EVER to beat rival Springfield. They laid the Groundwork for what Williams has accomplished since.

*Derek Adams, Justin Adams and Wilhelm are the grandsons of Mrs. Jean Wilhelm former all-state basketball player and sister of Fern Gregory-Nash former women's world champion basketball player and basketball hall of fame member and grandmother of White House's Tre Coker, Cory Coker, Seth Kirby, Jaci Slagle and Brooke Nash"

Jamie Wilhelm probably could have been named as a "favorite" also since he got a lot of playing time early. But I don't want to be associated with that type of talk anymore since I probably didn't word it the way I should have. Go Cats! Beat White House!

ihatethewingt...you have to be someone who is not just a former teammate. Are you one of Justin's friends or Derek's or mine? you have to be to know my family history like that. How do you figure I was a "favorite"? I worked hard for every bit of playing time i got you obviously know that, you said something about it. You also forgot Michael Moss and Roy Dill and several others.

ihatethewingt...you have to be someone who is not just a former teammate. Are you one of Justin's friends or Derek's or mine? you have to be to know my family history like that. How do you figure I was a "favorite"? I worked hard for every bit of playing time i got you obviously know that, you said something about it. You also forgot Michael Moss and Roy Dill and several others.

Wow! That was quick. He talked about you and then you instantly sign up and post. One in the same. Football talk please.

Yea because I heard someone was trashing my boys and had to see for myself...got on what do ya know? my name plastered on the screen. honestly don't care. probably will never be on here again. I talk to Zack Ziegler bout once every couple weeks so really no need to find out things from anyone else. certainly not one in the same but whatever. would never down my former coach.

Personally I think this game is a little overrated for CSS this year. Wasted airtime is how I see it. It has no playoff implications and will only be like watching a bully kick a cat. We will get to see one team that is loaded and one team that is rebuilding. What White House starters that do play will only try to put on a show for postseason intimidation factor. There is no pressure on Greenbrier except to stand there and take it. It will probably only be subs playing because the deal is sealed on the region and if the White House coach is smart he won't take the chance of getting his starters hurt before playoffs. Greenbrier will probably get a chance to look at what is coming up next year so all of us that want to watch a REAL football game on CSS get cheated.

JMO.

Personally I think this game is a little overrated for CSS this year. Wasted airtime is how I see it. It has no playoff implications and will only be like watching a bully kick a cat. We will get to see one team that is loaded and one team that is rebuilding. What White House starters that do play will only try to put on a show for postseason intimidation factor. There is no pressure on Greenbrier except to stand there and take it. It will probably only be subs playing because the deal is sealed on the region and if the White House coach is smart he won't take the chance of getting his starters hurt before playoffs. Greenbrier will probably get a chance to look at what is coming up next year so all of us that want to watch a REAL football game on CSS get cheated.

JMO.

Well , thats one way to look at it.

But.....try telling that to one of the players that are about to walk out onto that field tonight and put it all on the line.

THIS IS A RIVAL GAME THAT IS PROBABLY AS GOOD AS IT GETS IN THIS STATE....BAR NONE.

I believe people that want to watch a real football game had better TUNE in BABY if they cant make it to White House and watch it live, because it is going to be good, hard , smash mouth football. C'mon!!

Even though it may be a lock for the Devils, they are not going to want to lose this game and on the other hand Greenbrier would like nothing better than to upset White House!