Heritage at William Blount

tpoole12

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't get me wrong... I don't miss "Two-a-days " ... That was rougher than a stucco'ed bathtub... and if the players had the same size and speed, "back in the day", as they do now I wouldn't have survived... I saw TJ Walker the other night... He was wrestling around with a current player who weighs about 250 lbs., He just picked him up and put him on his shoulder and asked him if he was ready to quit... TJ probably weighs about 215 and he made look easy..... Scares the heck of me.....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I know what you mean. The kids today are much stronger than back in the day.

I know what you mean. The kids today are much stronger than back in the day.

How old are you Scoot? I just turned 50... Feel like I'm 2 days older than dirt...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> As I got older I started to grunt and groan when I got up in the morning... Now I grunt and groan when I'm laying down... Like I said earlier ..."stinks getting old" but I guess as long as we're the right side of the grass we shouldn't complain...

How old are you Scoot? I just turned 50... Feel like I'm 2 days older than dirt...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> As I got older I started to grunt and groan when I got up in the morning... Now I grunt and groan when I'm laying down... Like I said earlier ..."stinks getting old" but I guess as long as we're the right side of the grass we shouldn't complain...

Hey Tpoole Can U tell an ole Indian how come The Govs don't have a number 3 on thier football team? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

38 and holding...... I have started the groaning already getting out of bed, I hate it.... But like you said "on this side of the grass is a whole lot better", I'm sure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

38 and holding...... I have started the groaning already getting out of bed, I hate it.... But like you said "on this side of the grass is a whole lot better", I'm sure. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh my gosh... Your just a kid... When you start to groan getting in bed... your there....

You have all kinds of things to look forward to.. Your vision will start going down alot quicker in your mid 40's.. You get to get up in the middle of the night to answer the call of nature.... and when you turn 50... your doctor will get to know you real well......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Oh my gosh... Your just a kid... When you start to groan getting in bed... your there....

You have all kinds of things to look forward to.. Your vision will start going down alot quicker in your mid 40's.. You get to get up in the middle of the night to answer the call of nature.... and when you turn 50... your doctor will get to know you real well......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

What happens in the middle of the nite 03 or is it tpoole 12 which adds up to 3? Do U get up to clean off some them rusty old plaques?Might not get any this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Yea, I have heard all that before. I think things are starting all ready for me, just this week the doctor put me on cholesterol meds. First thing to mind was hear we go, its all down hill from here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you have someone on the WB team that you go watch play or just enjoy going to the games?

Yea, I have heard all that before. I think things are starting all ready for me, just this week the doctor put me on cholesterol meds. First thing to mind was hear we go, its all down hill from here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you have someone on the WB team that you go watch play or just enjoy going to the games?

Been involved for about 8 yrs. My daughter was a majorette for 4 yrs. graduated... went to Pellisippi... is now at UT..

My son started right after she graduated.. He is junior football player..

I spent serveral years in youth football... Alot of my "kids" go through WB.. ( some went to heritage, a few to Maryville ) I feel like I have to watch them play since I spent a few years "teaching" at the top of my voice.... Me a Randy Sanders got fired about the same time so I got serveral more years to follow "my kids"...

tpoole12

Been involved for about 8 yrs. My daughter was a majorette for 4 yrs. graduated... went to Pellisippi... is now at UT..

My son started right after she graduated.. He is junior football player..

I spent serveral years in youth football... Alot of my "kids" go through WB.. ( some went to heritage, a few to Maryville ) I feel like I have to watch them play since I spent a few years "teaching" at the top of my voice.... Me a Randy Sanders got fired about the same time so I got serveral more years to follow "my kids"...

tpoole12

Thats great, that you keep up with the kids you coached. So many of the biddy leauge coaches forget about the kids as they move on. I helped coach in the Eagleton program for about 6 years and really enjoyed it. Several of the kids I had are playing high school ball now and several have chose to do different things. I think when my son gets through playing I will get back into it.

Thats great, that you keep up with the kids you coached. So many of the biddy leauge coaches forget about the kids as they move on. I helped coach in the Eagleton program for about 6 years and really enjoyed it. Several of the kids I had are playing high school ball now and several have chose to do different things. I think when my son gets through playing I will get back into it.

Then I'm sure we've crossed paths.. The first of my groups graduated last year so I've got reason to watch for seven or eight more years.. One of my favorite players ever now goes to Heritage but does not play football...... but her brother does... She was one of the toughest players I ever coached.. She is now one beautiful young Lady!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tpoole12

Then I'm sure we've crossed paths.. The first of my groups graduated last year so I've got reason to watch for seven or eight more years.. One of my favorite players ever now goes to Heritage but does not play football...... but her brother does... She was one of the toughest players I ever coached.. She is now one beautiful young Lady!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tpoole12

You must be talking about Dylan Adams little sister. Can't remember her name but I do remember her playing football. If I remember correctly she played at Fairveiw, now known as Maryville Titans?

The first group I coached is now Sr's and I guess the last group I was envolved with are 8th graders. I have several players I am partial to that I coached one of them at Alcoa and several at Heritage some that don't play football anymore but do play baseball.