Gallatin At McGavock

Verb58

On Thursday night at 7 Gallatin will roll into McGavock to take on a Raiders team who will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder. The distractions McG has faced this past week will not carryover into this weeks game. Gallatin will have to put the tough loss to H-ville behind them. A Gallatin win can do a lot for the teams confidence heading into the playoffs however a loss could be destructive to the team.

How will Gallatin respond to a team calling them out like H-ville did. Hopefully this will be used as a wakeup call that you have to play all 4 quarters if you really want to give yourself a chance. Gallatin needs to carry that fire and determination from the second half of last weeks game into this weeks game and leave no doubt that they can play 4 quarters of lights out football.

It will not be an easy task with the great player that McG has in Franklin. He will keep Gallatin's D on their toes the whole night.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin will win this one, I don't know how many people will actually give McGavock a shot in this one. If Gallatin can keep up the offense that they had in that 2nd half for a whole game, I wouldn't like many teams chances against them. Matthews is one heck of a football player, and he had really good protection most of the game. I didn't see why all the fuss was made about Holder though, I know he's got 1,000+ yards, but he seemed easily bottled up in my opinion.

What exactly do you mean by called out by Hville???

[

What exactly do you mean by called out by Hville???

Simply that they can't wait until the second half of a game to show up. H-ville took their lunch and ate in front of them in the first half.

IMO there was a 10 to 14 point swing in the game on both of Gallatin's interceptions. One was in the end zone the other was returned for a touchdown from around the red-zone. What can I say I was impressed by the way H-ville was able to keep Gallatin on their heels in the first half.

Gallatin CAN NOT have a repeat performance of that 1st half. They have played like that in 4 games this season losing 2 and winning 2. Smyrna, H-ville both losses, Overton and Lebanon both wins.

At home Gallatin is 5-0 on the road 2-2. This is a very important road game for Gallatin going into the playoffs.

Oh, I just thought that you were saying Hville did something disrespectful or something.

If Gallatin plays for a full game, they are one of the best teams in the state I believe, man that running game got going, and the passes were wide open in the second half.

I would have to credit a little of Gallatin coming out flat to them playing such a huge emotional game the week before vs Hunter's Lane. Hendersonville ran into that problem earlier this season when they beat Station Camp then had to turn around and play Beech the next week. Now we have to turn around a play a very tough Hunter's Lane team for the region championship. As for Gallatin, ya'll get a breather of a game vs a good, but clearly falling apart, McGavock team.

Gallatin has to come into this game knowing that it means something. In fact, without winning this one, there is no possibility that the Wave can win the region. Gallatin must play 4 quarters of football. One half of lights out ball is not good enough. Can't wait to make the FINAL trek out to McGavock and watch the Wave take on the Raiders

I don't see how Gallatin will lose this game. I am just going to call it like I see it. No disrespect to McGavock but I think Gallatin is just a better team. If Gallatin would have taken care of business then this game wouldn't have ment anything but pride, but now it is a must win for Gallatin with any chance of getting home field through at least some of the playoffs. There is no love loss between these two teams and personally I can't stand the Raiders. I will be glad when this series is over and done with. At least with the events that took place this past friday, this game has some meaning. I have seen McGavock twice this year and they have spurts of good things and the Franklin kid is a very good player. Gallatin is not just gonna roll over there and get the win. HOWEVER.... the Green Wave will be very fired up knowing that a win coupled with a Hunters Lane victory means homefield throughout the playoffs. In think the Gallatin boys are going to be very focused and eager to put that 4 quarter game plan to work. They let one slip away at Hendersonville but I don't think that is going to be the norm with this group.

I am going to disagree with Wave88. In 2004 Gallatin had a decent squad but not an overpowering phase on either side on the line of scrimmage. McGavock that year were on a high with a new coach and were fast on offense running that shotgun wing-t. Being cocky or overly confident is never a good thing. Gallatin was and paid the price. Totally different circumstances this year. McGavock might want to show the state that they are not in disarray but they are. Gallatin needs to win for better seeding and a possible region championship. On paper or on the field Gallatin just has more this year. That ain't being cocky that is just a fact. Are they dangerous..yep. Can they win...yep. Had Gallatin better prepare hard and get better this week...yep. Gallatin will have to have a total melt down to let this game slip by. I just don't think this group of players are going to let that happen. Way too much fight.

Woods got hurt before he made a single catch so I think he will be OK. Don't know about Holder. Gallatin has developed quality depth this year which was evident this past week. Others are gonna be sore too they will just have to fight through it.