Mcminn Central @ Howard

sportsman88

can't wait for the game friday.i saw this kid for central playin..i think number 55. he was doin work on the line. i think his name is corey king. this kid was dominating on the O line. he came out puttin kids on their butt and making great blocks. i'm lookin forward to see the intensity of him friday night. he's gotta a lot of heart and skills.keep it up!

three words...back to back. big blue

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just talked to fatman and he said forget Obama and McCain we are puttin smokey04 and 89charger on theballet... Yeehaw would you vote for that ticket

That sounds good to me. Just as long as smokey and myself get $150,000.00 worth of new clothes like Palin did. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Smokey are you in?

Figured since Central folks can't stay out of Polk threads I'd come over and spread some love for Howard.

Central's kicker uses a rubber football - totally TSSAA legal but scouts think totally gay. More spring out of the ball, longer kicks. My fiance's 8 year old can kick 30 yarders with one. Draw your own conclusions lol. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO POLK!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Sounds like someone is outsmarting everyone else since it is a LEGAL ball!! I wonder if Central's coaches figured that out since, as you keep harping, they are not very bright! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And by the way, what "scouts" have you talked to? Oh and another thing, he kicks a leather ball most of the time anyway on kickoffs, plus All punts, extra points and field goals are with the regular game ball!! As usual, you have no clue!

That sounds good to me. Just as long as smokey and myself get $150,000.00 worth of new clothes like Palin did. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Smokey are you in?

hey i'm all in man as long as i get to be with palin! that woman is SEXY!!!

come on back out tmac!

i have been away in chicago on business and am going to the game.what happened to jordan jackson? his departure is news to me.he was a very good ball player

it's a long story,but I'll try and make it short. What came down thru the grape vine was that he and another player got mad. Because they were not put back into the game, I believe it was the Tellico game in the 4th quarter with a 42 to 0 lead. They took there pads and helmets off and left them on the field with about 3 to 4 minutes left in the game and went to the locker room. Coach called the seniors in sunday and they voted them off the team. That as much as I know and as short as I can put it.

it's a long story,but I'll try and make it short. What came down thru the grape vine was that he and another player got mad. Because they were not put back into the game, I believe it was the Tellico game in the 4th quarter with a 42 to 0 lead. They took there pads and helmets off and left them on the field with about 3 to 4 minutes left in the game and went to the locker room. Coach called the seniors in sunday and they voted them off the team. That as much as I know and as short as I can put it.

I wanted to let this die but I can't left misinformation go. They did walk off the field against Notre Dame, BUT did not take anything off until the locker room. The players didn't vote them off either, it was a coaches decision and the Captains were called in inform them of the decision. End of story.

hey i'm all in man as long as i get to be with palin! that woman is SEXY!!!

come on back out tmac!

Hey smokey, eversince CNN announced our ticket this morning I keep getting phone calls from a Monica Lewinsky who says she would like to be your Intern. Do you know anything about her? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> My goodness, I just realized you might not be old enough to even remember her. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Seems like some of the Polk County faithful just can not leave the "beat down" in the past. Even openly critical comments of Polk County's offensive coordinator are being posted. The wing-t got you guys where you are. If that is what you run, then you must run it better against teams like Central. What else were you going to do? Maybe put in a spead option to take advantage of all that 4.5 speed the Wildcats have? Or go shot-gun and have the QB throw it 40 times a game? Polk has Wing-T players, Wing-T coaches and Wing-T fans. When it works it is great, when it does not the sky is falling. There are alot of great teams in the state that run the Wing-T like Catholic and South Pitt. Still an effective high school offense. Even John Mullinax, formerly of McMinn now coaching in GA has switched offensive schemes. Central's front seven whipped Polk's front seven and that is the bottom line. It would not have mattered what offense that Polk ran on Friday (or defense).

Central does not use rubber balls to kick with. The officials check all game balls and handle all balls put in the game for any reason.

Why would you cross you fingers when playing Norte Dame? Very Young, Very Small and Very Slow.

You are right, when it works it works, expecially against (no disrespect) the weaker teams in the region, but you cannot be one dimensional, especially against good teams like Central. You are also right about South Pitt, but if you recall, they also play in a weak region (they are still one of the best teams in the state regardless of class) and when they played a real good team (Tyner), they had to pass to win. Polk does not have the athletes SP has by far, but my point is this, use the games against weaker teams to try different things to help you against the better teams (Central, Howard, and playoffs). I believe Central is a team that can mix it up and that will help against 4a teams. I am not whining about a loss, Central flat out whooped Polk's butts. I also want to comment about the kicker, he is the best kicker I have ever seen in high school. It didn't even look like he was trying and that FG he made would have been good from 50 yards. One last thing and I will shut up, Central has a real good team, but more credit is being given to Coach Derrick than he deserves. This is not jealousy speaking either, he came into a team loaded with a super sophomore class with alot of talented young men. They deserve all the credit. Good luck to both Central and Howard this week and in the playoffs.