Greeneville moving down

FormerDevil

Even with Greeneville moving down they still have to go threw K town and up the road a few miles before being eliminated from the playoffs. So I guess to summaries what you all think will be a sure trip to the playoffs and a state championship will just be a closer ride home after Alcoa eliminates You!!!!!

Ahhhh I hate to break it to you my little bear-like friend but Greeneville won't have to play Alcoa in the playoffs. Greeneville splits into 4A and Alcoa 3A.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with Greeneville moving down they still have to go threw K town and up the road a few miles before being eliminated from the playoffs. So I guess to summaries what you all think will be a sure trip to the playoffs and a state championship will just be a closer ride home after Alcoa eliminates You!!!!!

I guess what amazes me is that some people seem to think that this is a move for a free pass to a state title.

If you look at the #s we are the 22 largest school in 1 aa with 892 students. The largest has 1065. If we played up in foot ball that puts us playing schools with a lot larger population that us. This no longer just affects football but all sports. That would move us up to playing Dobyns Bennett 1942 and Science Hill with 2158 during the regular season. I just dont think that would make a lot of sense for us.

I guess what amazes me is that some people seem to think that this is a move for a free pass to a state title.

If you look at the #s we are the 22 largest school in 1 aa with 892 students. The largest has 1065. If we played up in foot ball that puts us playing schools with a lot larger population that us. This no longer just affects football but all sports. That would move us up to playing Dobyns Bennett 1942 and Science Hill with 2158 during the regular season. I just dont think that would make a lot of sense for us.

All I know Coach is I like what we're taking to the new classification next year. Our boys have had quite a productive season with young players in key positions. I watched a poised, mature team overcome what would be a major setback for most teams and play probably their most balanced game of the season. Glad I was right about the Quarles/Hall tandem although I think either one could have handled the QB duties solo. Coach Baugh did a great job getting these boys ready for Crockett and I hope we can take the momentum into the play-offs. One thing's for sure, Betsy's gonna have a hard time knowing what to prepare for.....

All I know Coach is I like what we're taking to the new classification next year. Our boys have had quite a productive season with young players in key positions. I watched a poised, mature team overcome what would be a major setback for most teams and play probably their most balanced game of the season. Glad I was right about the Quarles/Hall tandem although I think either one could have handled the QB duties solo. Coach Baugh did a great job getting these boys ready for Crockett and I hope we can take the momentum into the play-offs. One thing's for sure, Betsy's gonna have a hard time knowing what to prepare for.....

I like what you and Fig are saying. McCurry is a great veteran coach who has been a major positive influence on FB players and and the overall sports program.

But what I also noticed is how he growing, training and maturing young coaches. And that could be his legacy in the long run other than the obvious success on the field.

I like what you and Fig are saying. McCurry is a great veteran coach who has been a major positive influence on FB players and and the overall sports program.

But what I also noticed is how he growing, training and maturing young coaches. And that could be his legacy in the long run other than the obvious success on the field.

Yeah, I was pleased to see Andy McCall joining Cody Baugh on the staff.

Less we forget All state lineman Josh Quillen and all world Dustin Moore. A lot of Greeneville boys are easing into the Coaching as it should be.

All state GHS soccer player, Jerry Graham is the next in line to replace John Eiskamp, when John is done and All State GHS Wrestler Randy Shelton is now the wrestling Coach. All state Girls BB player Beth Bryant (sorry Beth can't remember your new name) is at the GMS. All coference player, David Kilday coaching FB at GMS.

Devil pride is everywhere.

^ That conference is a freaking joke. If Greeneville doesn't win a football state championship in the next 4 years, they need to fire the whole staff! It's one thing to move down, but playing in a conference so weak might cost the Devils come playoff time. I hope the new coach continues to schedule the hard out-of-state games. I do like that about the program.

That conference may be a joke, but it won't necessarily be an easy road to a state title in 4A. The Greene Devils would have to go through Red Bank and/or Fulton just to make it to the title game. Then face a team such as David Lipscomb or Maplewood for the state title.

That conference may be a joke, but it won't necessarily be an easy road to a state title in 4A. The Greene Devils would have to go through Red Bank and/or Fulton just to make it to the title game. Then face a team such as David Lipscomb or Maplewood for the state title.

This is assuming that Fulton returns back to what they were. This year they posted an impressive 4-6 record. Red Bank is a good team. They are along the same lines as Morristown West, Sullivan South, and TN High over the past few years. The road to get there is the weak point. The best 4A opponent between regions 1 and 2 will probably be 4-6 Sullivan East or maybe a 5-5 Grainger County that lost to South Greene this year.

The big winner is Morristown West. With Greeneville and East gone, they should be a heavy favorite to claim a top seed in 5A. Also without Maryville in the way the door has swung open for a region 1 or 2 team to go to state.

This is assuming that Fulton returns back to what they were. This year they posted an impressive 3-6 record. Red Bank is a good team. They are along the same lines as Morristown West, Sullivan South, and TN High over the past few years. The road to get there is the weak point. The best 4A opponent between regions 1 and 2 will probably be 4-6 Sullivan East or maybe a 5-5 Grainger County that lost to South Greene this year.

The big winner is Morristown West. With Greeneville and East gone, they should be a heavy favorite to claim a top seed in 5A. Also without Maryville in the way the door has swung open for a region 1 or 2 team to go to state.

That's why I hope Greeneville keeps tough non-conference opponents to help prepare them for those teams in the playoffs.

I'd say Fulton will be back to their usual selves. Even with their dismal 4-6 record they still managed to defeat the 2nd place team from Region 2 4A. They're usually a fixture at the Boro.