LA Wildcats future

hilhamhound

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the 3rd disappointing season in a row, where does LA need to go from here? What steps can be taken to get this program going in the right direction? What can we as alumni, fans and community supporters do to help? LA football needs to get back to something we can all be proud of.

Firstly, the region opponents won't be as strong in 2009. No idea who the non-region opponents will be other than I heard possibly White Co. and Cumberland Co. Wonder if Trousdale Co. will still be on the schedule? As far as the RIGHT DIRECTION, I guess everybody will have to make their own determination of what that is. LA will now have(presumably of course) themselves, Macon Co., and Dekalb as the 4A schools in the region. York, Cannon Co., Smith Co., and Upperman as the 3A schools in the region. Again I'm guessing, will know for sure I think Nov. 13. So, what is a right direction record for '09? As I said earlier, the fan base, alumni, community will have to decide that for themselves.

What do you think? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

After the 3rd disappointing season in a row, where does LA need to go from here? What steps can be taken to get this program going in the right direction? What can we as alumni, fans and community supporters do to help? LA football needs to get back to something we can all be proud of.

What do you think? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think the whole community needs a football makeover. First thing that we need to do is get our weight room back, instead of letting the other sports use it(Afterall the equipment was paid for by the Quarterback Club). This off season is very important to these boys. They are very small as we all know so the added pounds of a good offseason program could go along way. Scheduling will be a advantage next year but if we don't make some big strides in the offseason we will lose again next year. I know that the strength of schedule excuse has been used a lot this year but I don't know of many teams in the state that we could have beat this year period.

I dunno about the rest, but this LA Wildcat will be off to basketball, then to college, and be a huge fan. Success is brewing in Livingston, nay sayers beware.

Hadn't seen to many nay sayers on this thread. HH asked for an opinion about the future of LA football to which practicaly noone seems willing to offer an opinion. Maybe interest isn't real high. Who knows.