Covington vs. Dyersburg

trojanfan007

I made it in for the LU / Bethel game ! Talk about "Rivalry Weekend" D'burg / D.C. , Lambuth / Bethel, UT (sigh) / 'Bama, Pen State / Ohio State, Titans & Colts !!!! whew (I'm WORN OUT !!!) !!!!!!!!! Let me add by the way that B.A. scored his third TD @ LU AND two TROJANS PLAYED OFTEN & WELL !!!!!! I believe that Rashad had 6 tackles (playing really well) & Beau played quite a bit as well !!!! I saw Beau & his family after the game. I don't know what extent it was , but he did have his ankle "iced" after the game. After "THE rivalry game" on Friday seeing Trojans as well as a CHOCTAW wearing the same uniform was like a breath of fresh air after all the ramblings on here last week !!!! LU ranked 17 in the latest " NAIA Coaches Poll" Six consecutive wins including two against ranked opponents ON THE ROAD !!!! Kudos to "Coach Freeze & Co." as well as the EAGLES !!!!! Good possibility of an NAIA Playoff Berth if they stay the course !!!! They just as the Trojans & Choctaws have to stay FOCUSED & there is no room for letdowns !!!!!!!

Gooooo Trojans & GOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!

73>>>>Caught part of that LU game on t.v and got to see the TD that B.A made. Geez.....he looks good. Congrats to him. And, to my Trojans......Good Luck Friday night boys.....Get out there...take care of business and do what we do.

ONE TEAM!!!

ONE BROTHERHOOD!!!

ONE HEARTBEAT!!!

TOGETHER WE ATTACK!!!

GO TROJANS!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly no interest !!

Yup ! That's a shame ! Seems as if those badgering the "Choctaw Faithful" after last weeks game, were "One Hit Wonders" themselves here on Coach T ! Kinda like the "Pot calling the kettle black" ........ don't you think ????? Best be FOCUSED Trojans ................ AND to the "TROJAN FAITHFUL" .................. best not take this one for granted ! Seems to me that the "Regular Season Finale" is an important game as well ! It ain't about just the D.C. / D'burg game ! If that's all you live for then you need to rethink this !!!!!!!!!!!! Covington WILL be playin' for PRIDE ......... COUNT ON THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!! (since this is a D'burg Thread Trojans first) AND........................

GOOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup ! That's a shame ! Seems as if those badgering the "Choctaw Faithful" after last weeks game, were "One Hit Wonders" themselves here on Coach T ! Kinda like the "Pot calling the kettle black" ........ don't you think ????? Best be FOCUSED Trojans ................ AND to the "TROJAN FAITHFUL" .................. best not take this one for granted ! Seems to me that the "Regular Season Finale" is an important game as well ! It ain't about just the D.C. / D'burg game ! If that's all you live for then you need to rethink this !!!!!!!!!!!! Covington WILL be playin' for PRIDE ......... COUNT ON THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!! (since this is a D'burg Thread Trojans first) AND........................

Never a one hit wonder here...Everytime one of my boys take the field, they know their momma is in the stands. Got really miffed at the DC game though b/c one of our own asked me to sit down. I told her to STAND UP and shut up. Just don't understand it.

Never a one hit wonder here...Everytime one of my boys take the field, they know their momma is in the stands. Got really miffed at the DC game though b/c one of our own asked me to sit down. I told her to STAND UP and shut up. Just don't understand it.

Kudos to you ! I put a lot of "stock" in what my pal "StevieRayVol" has to say, on here, on the phone & in person (when I have the pleasure). His quote "felt like I was in church" ........... COME ON !!! THAT WAS THE RIVALRY GAME !!!!!!!!!!! Those that asked you to sit down & those that make an appearance for a social event OWE THE KIDS & "COACHES COUNCE" more than that ! No room to question "Choctaw Faithful" Loyalty when the support in your own back yard is only from parents & a select few !!!!!!!!!!!!

'73QB, ITS BEEN THIS WAY SEVERAL YEARS..NO INTEREST AT ALL FROM DHS STUDENTS,FANS,..THEY WAIT FOR BIG GAMES ..I DO KNOW DHS FOOTBALL ISNT A COMMUNITY AFFAIR ANYMORE AS SOME SCHOOLS HAVE...VERY SAD T ME WITH ALL THE WINNING TEAMS THEY HAVE HAD OVER THE PAST SEVEREAL YEARS..THEY WAIT TILL ."".(IF) ""..ITS A BIG GAME AT DHS OR AWAY THEN THEY JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON ,HOWEVER IF DHS IS BEHIND OR STRUGGLING "NO SUPPORT " REASON BEING THEY HAVE NO SPIRIT .THATS WHY I LOVE DC...'DC PRIDE 'DC PRIDE'..EVENTHO I PLAYED GRADUATED FRROM DHS MY CHILDREN AND GRANDS PLAYED GRADUATED FROM DC SO I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN SCHOOL PRIDE AND SPRIRT AND ITS VERY "HUGE " TO THE PLAYERS AND COACHES ..

'GET THE EDGE'.. PLAY WITH FOCUS AND HEART

'WE ARE BROTHERS','WE ARE ONE'

'TOGETHER WE ATTACK"

GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the past over the past few years Covington always seems to out play Dyersburg but can't finish the deal. That's tribute to D-burg discipline and fundamentals. A well coached team that doesn't panic and simply knows how to win. If the chargers continue to play like they have the past few weeks this one will be interesting. I look for the Chargers to be in this one late, let's see if they can finally finish this one! I saw D-burg play Ripley and that was an impressive beat down. The D-burg offensive line was as good as I've seen in years but I think it is the third week of big games and D-burg has to find away to get up and that could be a challenge because they have been in so many big games. That has to have them somewhat rung out, so if there is an advantage for Covington, that's it.

Go Trojans please stay focus and do not let Ctowm slip up on us, remember they gave the Tomcats all they wanted at their Homecoming so it was NO FLUKE..... Last week is history move on....... We still need to go into the playoffs winning we do not want all of the nay sayers predicting us being out of the playoffs the first week..... so GO TROJANS AND FANS..... lets cheer the team on...... Our student section is a big dissappointment and why do we have cheerleaders the only time I see a little life in the student section or cheerleaders .... Not counting the mascot, she is the LIFE of the party,..... is when the cheerleaders throw the Tshirts and balls TO ALL THEIR FRIENDS...... otherwise they *cheerleaders* are at the game physically.... I think that cheerleading at DHS is a joke anyway more of a social thing..... OR status symbol.....

Sorry did not mean to ramble but GO TROJANS.......

Good Luck tonight Trojans!!! Go out there and play with focus and pride!!!! And to everyone in the stands, get out there and cheer these boys on tonight. I can remember about 9 weeks ago no one thought they would be where they are. Well, they are and they deserve our support for a fantastic effort and for the heart that they play with. They are the Dyersburg Tojans and they are proud of it and we should be too.

ONE TEAM!!!!

ONE BROTHERHOOD!!!!

ONE HEARTBEAT!!!!

TOGETHER WE ATTACK!!!!

WE ARE THE DYERSBURG TROJANS!!!!

LIVE IT!!!!

Go Trojans please stay focus and do not let Ctowm slip up on us, remember they gave the Tomcats all they wanted at their Homecoming so it was NO FLUKE..... Last week is history move on....... We still need to go into the playoffs winning we do not want all of the nay sayers predicting us being out of the playoffs the first week..... so GO TROJANS AND FANS..... lets cheer the team on...... Our student section is a big dissappointment and why do we have cheerleaders the only time I see a little life in the student section or cheerleaders .... Not counting the mascot, she is the LIFE of the party,..... is when the cheerleaders throw the Tshirts and balls TO ALL THEIR FRIENDS...... otherwise they *cheerleaders* are at the game physically.... I think that cheerleading at DHS is a joke anyway more of a social thing..... OR status symbol.....

Sorry did not mean to ramble but GO TROJANS.......

You are right. Right about mascot. Anna Claire is definitely the best I've seen in that role. I think she has FUN with it.

Well the past over the past few years Covington always seems to out play Dyersburg but can't finish the deal. That's tribute to D-burg discipline and fundamentals. A well coached team that doesn't panic and simply knows how to win. If the chargers continue to play like they have the past few weeks this one will be interesting. I look for the Chargers to be in this one late, let's see if they can finally finish this one! I saw D-burg play Ripley and that was an impressive beat down. The D-burg offensive line was as good as I've seen in years but I think it is the third week of big games and D-burg has to find away to get up and that could be a challenge because they have been in so many big games. That has to have them somewhat rung out, so if there is an advantage for Covington, that's it.

Thus my earlier post. Covington always gets my attention I don't care if its a TiddlyWinks match!!!