District 11AAA

CHSAlumni

Okay Fellas,

Looks like we got way off subject, I thought this was supposed to be about this years basketball season? Speaking of this year, where is Phillyfan? We all need to give him his props for that World Series Win. He must still be celebrating?

As far as D 11-AAA, I know this, This may be the year they can compete with my metro schools. Maplewood is good, but not anywhere near as good as Antioch was last year, how did they not win state?

Like every summer, I see a ton of middle TN teams play, because of what I do, I saw those Franklin kids alot, although I think Starnes was absent this summer, is he playing this year Franklin fans?

They still had a big 6'9 kid who looked good.

I know they lost (Kegarise), but Franklin is pretty deep, and most people will get to know that skinny Henry kid by mid-season. B-WOOD, has big K-Tiech and Tidwell, but can Tidwell make it thru a King season? You can't ignore Drew Kelly at Cent, stud, most likely best player in mid-TN, no supporting cast.

Ravenwood= too young

Hillsboro= Always talented, unknown but Arthur Mc is good,

Overton= new coach, young talent

Hillwood= are u serious?

Indy= prentenders, never been serious

Like the old days Franklin/B-Wood battle it out, with Cent maybe,,gotta like Franklin's SENIORS.

Overall decent analysis except for Indy. If memory serves me right Indy went 22-5 two years ago. That's a pretty serious record to me.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gets the PT since Keagrise left Franklin? What will the effect be?

Most likely, and I am not for sure on this, but i would say a sophomore Debrell Mclemore will because he can really play. I have seen him play a few times and from what i can see is that he plays like his older brother allante but just a younger version with a lot of potential.

ah finally basketball season

and i have yet to see an in depth breakdown of Centennial's team so I'll try to do my best

Drew Kelly, hands down, best player in the district, possibly in the Mid State. Averages something like 23 pts and 15 boards over the past two years. Ridiculous for a high schooler. King James himself only averaged about two or three point more and actually less boards during his sophomore/junior years. Overall stud and just having him on the floor will lead to many Centennial victories this year.

Supporting cast should be something like Travis Williams, Luke Jensen, Chaz Scales, and Justin Brown

Williams is 6'7" like Kelly but much smaller in weight but still and adequate post player to guard against other PFs down there. saw play time last year when Stroop was injured and Centennial did just fine with him in the lineup.

Scales is blazing fast but sometimes erratic with his passing. Hopefully his Mr. Tennessee Football Finalist status will lead to smarter passing like he did in football. Not much of an outside threat but he can still hit the threes. Speed gets him quick points in transition and a quick step to the basket for easy points.

Brown is probably a better passer than Scales but not as fast. Saw time last year giving breathers to McClemore, Jones and Scales. Should transition well into either McClemore or Jones's role.

Jensen is one of the most improved in my opinion on the team. From what I heard playing this summer he had a streak of 8 or 9 threes in a row in one game. Much improved shooter due to non stop work since March. I see him taking McClemore's spot as the shooter. Not as good as a defender as McClemore was but give him time and good things will come out of it.

Biggest advantage for the Cougars is their big guy down low. Thats no secret. Everyone knows it but no one knows how to completely shut him down. It may seem like you have him in check for the game and then look up and he has 25+ points. Centennial will ride Drew Kelly all season long to victories. Should be interesting to see which point man gets the majority of the outside touches this season. Over the past two years when Drew does get doubled he usually is smart enough to kick it out. His sophomore year it was to Byrd and McFarland. Last year it was to McClemore. This year he has Jensen, Brown, and Scales and maybe they'll be an underclassmen that will step up and provide help to Kelly on the outside. Who knows.

Disadvantage could be found in perimeter height. Kelly and Williams are both 6'7" and should be able to contain the middle. Outside however, the tallest you have is Jensen at 6'0" after that Brown and Scales are right about 5'10". When you get perimeter players like Young who is 6'2", it can get a little iffy. Also the lack of a consistent three point shooter could hurt them. Neither Jensen or Brown have had enough play time in the past to show what they can do consistently but eventually one of them will develop into that shooter.

Overall I see Centennial fighting it out with Franklin for the District crown, just like before. January 23rd and February 13th are the regular season matchups and they should meet again in the district championship.

ah finally basketball season

and i have yet to see an in depth breakdown of Centennial's team so I'll try to do my best

Drew Kelly, hands down, best player in the district, possibly in the Mid State. Averages something like 23 pts and 15 boards over the past two years. Ridiculous for a high schooler. King James himself only averaged about two or three point more and actually less boards during his sophomore/junior years. Overall stud and just having him on the floor will lead to many Centennial victories this year.

Supporting cast should be something like Travis Williams, Luke Jensen, Chaz Scales, and Justin Brown

Williams is 6'7" like Kelly but much smaller in weight but still and adequate post player to guard against other PFs down there. saw play time last year when Stroop was injured and Centennial did just fine with him in the lineup.

Scales is blazing fast but sometimes erratic with his passing. Hopefully his Mr. Tennessee Football Finalist status will lead to smarter passing like he did in football. Not much of an outside threat but he can still hit the threes. Speed gets him quick points in transition and a quick step to the basket for easy points.

Brown is probably a better passer than Scales but not as fast. Saw time last year giving breathers to McClemore, Jones and Scales. Should transition well into either McClemore or Jones's role.

Jensen is one of the most improved in my opinion on the team. From what I heard playing this summer he had a streak of 8 or 9 threes in a row in one game. Much improved shooter due to non stop work since March. I see him taking McClemore's spot as the shooter. Not as good as a defender as McClemore was but give him time and good things will come out of it.

Biggest advantage for the Cougars is their big guy down low. Thats no secret. Everyone knows it but no one knows how to completely shut him down. It may seem like you have him in check for the game and then look up and he has 25+ points. Centennial will ride Drew Kelly all season long to victories. Should be interesting to see which point man gets the majority of the outside touches this season. Over the past two years when Drew does get doubled he usually is smart enough to kick it out. His sophomore year it was to Byrd and McFarland. Last year it was to McClemore. This year he has Jensen, Brown, and Scales and maybe they'll be an underclassmen that will step up and provide help to Kelly on the outside. Who knows.

Disadvantage could be found in perimeter height. Kelly and Williams are both 6'7" and should be able to contain the middle. Outside however, the tallest you have is Jensen at 6'0" after that Brown and Scales are right about 5'10". When you get perimeter players like Young who is 6'2", it can get a little iffy. Also the lack of a consistent three point shooter could hurt them. Neither Jensen or Brown have had enough play time in the past to show what they can do consistently but eventually one of them will develop into that shooter.

Overall I see Centennial fighting it out with Franklin for the District crown, just like before. January 23rd and February 13th are the regular season matchups and they should meet again in the district championship.

Not sure Scales is much of an outside threat?

Or a basketball player for that matter?

But he is a tremendous athlete that uses his speed to his advantage everywhere.

i'm seeing it a little differently.

1. Franklin

2. Brentwood

3. Centennial

4. Ravenwood

5. Hillsboro

6. Overton

7. Indy

8. Hillwood

I think Ravenwood is going to be the underdog in this district. You all have picked them very low, 6th and so on. I'm picking Hillsboro below them because they have never played as a team and just merely relies on athelticism. Independence and Hillwood I see as the jokes of the district. Look to see Franklin, Brentwood and Centennial lead the way and then possibly see the 4 and 5 spots sneak up for some upsets.

This could be a really interesting district to watch this year.

i'm seeing it a little differently.

1. Franklin

2. Brentwood

3. Centennial

4. Ravenwood

5. Hillsboro

6. Overton

7. Indy

8. Hillwood

I think Ravenwood is going to be the underdog in this district. You all have picked them very low, 6th and so on. I'm picking Hillsboro below them because they have never played as a team and just merely relies on athelticism. Independence and Hillwood I see as the jokes of the district. Look to see Franklin, Brentwood and Centennial lead the way and then possibly see the 4 and 5 spots sneak up for some upsets.

This could be a really interesting district to watch this year.

I really dont think Ravenwood will finish above hillsboro. Hillsboro has alot of players returning, and ravenwood will be dealing with some key losses. I think ravenwood loss all of their starters, atleast 4, and they dont have anybody to replace morris who I believe was better than Centennial's kelly. Hillsboro will battle for the 2-4 spots with bhs and chs. I think ravenwood will be on the outside looking in