Latest AP Poll for Class 1A

FridayMainEvent

Seven,

Do you think Dillehay was better than T. Payne?

IMHO, Dillehay may be the best qb to wear the gold helment. Payne was in the wingT and never had to throw it. He had more weapons around him. They were putting up all of those points, strictly on the ground. When Dillehay came through, he followed Wesley Satterfield. The offense had been changed to the spread to better fit the personnel. Dillehay was a better passer than TC. TC was just a physical freak of nature. Dillehay holds all of the school records for passing, but he could definitely tote the pill, as well. I think in '05 he threw for 2,500+ and ran for 1,000+. He would remind you alot of Tebow at FLA. TC may have not thrown for 1,000 in his career. Two different players with two different styles, if that makes any sense?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, Dillehay may be the best qb to wear the gold helment. Payne was in the wingT and never had to throw it. He had more weapons around him. They were putting up all of those points, strictly on the ground. When Dillehay came through, he followed Wesley Satterfield. The offense had been changed to the spread to better fit the personnel. Dillehay was a better passer than TC. TC was just a physical freak of nature. Dillehay holds all of the school records for passing, but he could definitely tote the pill, as well. I think in '05 he threw for 2,500+ and ran for 1,000+. He would remind you alot of Tebow at FLA. TC may have not thrown for 1,000 in his career. Two different players with two different styles, if that makes any sense?

Oh btw, Dillehay was runner-up for Mr. Football that year, along with one of your boys, Antonio Robinson. Ironically they both play together at Tech. I've been told that Robinson looks a whole lot better in purple and gold, than orange and black. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The 90' Hartsville-Trousdale County State Championship team was the best with Harper at RB.

They were the team that put us back on the map, but not even close. The '97 team was the best to ever walk the halls at Trousdale County High School, hands down. Most people from Hartsville will tell you the same thing.

They were the team that put us back on the map, but not even close. The '97 team was the best to ever walk the halls at Trousdale County High School, hands down. Most people from Hartsville will tell you the same thing.

How many Harper's have there been? Was the Harper on the 1990 team kin to the Harpers that played in the late 90's and in 2001-2002? Yea, Antonio Robinson is improving. He may be a big time WR before he leaves Tech.

How many Harper's have there been? Was the Harper on the 1990 team kin to the Harpers that played in the late 90's and in 2001-2002? Yea, Antonio Robinson is improving. He may be a big time WR before he leaves Tech.

Let see there's Dewayne, Dominique and TT (brothers), Nelson, and the list goes on. Probably the most famous is Reggie. I think he may still hold some TE records at UT.

About the same number of Robinson's you guys have had. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> They probably are all kin somewhere down the line, idk. Like I said earlier in the year, we've been accused of having a factory over there in the nuclear plant. Got another one on the roster this year (fr). TT's (3A Mr. Football) little brother. Should be another good one!

Let see there's Dewayne, Dominique and TT (brothers), Nelson, and the list goes on. Probably the most famous is Reggie. I think he may still hold some TE records at UT.

About the same number of Robinson's you guys have had. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> They probably are all kin somewhere down the line, idk. Like I said earlier in the year, we've been accused of having a factory over there in the nuclear plant. Got another one on the roster this year (fr). TT's (3A Mr. Football) little brother. Should be another good one!

Yea, we have had alot of Robinson's. Our QB this year (Terrell) is Antonio's little brother. There first cousin Tyrone also plays on the team. Seven, who was that RB that TC had in 1993 and 1994 when TC and SP played? That guy was a beast. Did he play any college ball?

Yea, we have had alot of Robinson's. Our QB this year (Terrell) is Antonio's little brother. There first cousin Tyrone also plays on the team. Seven, who was that RB that TC had in 1993 and 1994 when TC and SP played? That guy was a beast. Did he play any college ball?

Deitrich Woodmore (I probably butchered his first name), and unfortunately not. I remember the two you guys had as well, The M & M boys. Their names have slipped my mind. One could flat pick 'em up and lay 'em down (aka FAST). Wasn't it Macho, or something like that? It may have just been a nickname.

Deitrich Woodmore (I probably butchered his first name), and unfortunately not. I remember the two you guys had as well, The M & M boys. Their names have slipped my mind. One could flat pick 'em up and lay 'em down (aka FAST). Wasn't it Macho, or something like that? It may have just been a nickname.

Your thinking of Bradley "Macho" Green.

Aawwww, come on bigredatheart, do you have to pull against us? Come on now. SP does not think they are head and shoulders above the rest of 1A. SP knows they have a quality team, but they also know there are other quality and capable teams in 1A. South Pittsburg and Trousdale will probably be a good football game if they both win and get to play this season. Trousdale County is always going to be good. I would be willing to bet that SP isn't scared of any team, but I am sure Trousdale County has their utmost respect. Any team can be beat on any given night.

I agree with everything you stated except; SP is head and shoulders above everyone else. As I said before, they could be beaten on a given Friday night and TC is probably the team that has the best chance.

Your thinking of Bradley "Macho" Green.

Michael McCarver. Dang King, I've been thinking about that all afternoon! /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> Both were wideouts, I believe. I think someone from our coaching staff in '94 dubbed them the M & M boys. Wasn't Green some type of Player of the Year in baseball when ya'll won the state. Where did he play college ball?