PRAYER FOR ALL ATHLETE

lets give a prayer to all athlete around state, nation, and anywhere else it is needed,

Our Father, who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name.

Thy Kingdom come,

thy will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever.

Amen

please lord look out for the families of the cheerleaders from scott co. the track champion from i'm not sure, and the football player from cosby, please lord help these families and everybody else that is having trouble.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. This year it seems to unusually bad for students/athletes to be in accidents. To all the student/athletes out there reading these boards, please be careful and use good judgement. You all are our future and we need ya around!! Prayers from the Cumberland Gap community to all families in these sad times. May the good Lord look down on you and touch your souls.

Looking at the recent accidents within our State's HS football world....it makes me come to a realization and I want to put my two cents in....

The thing that bothers me most about the tradgedy at Scott Co. is the fact that there were four teenage girls under the age of 17 all of them. I'm concerned because I know our state has a restricted license until age 17. That means the driver under the age of 17 can only have one passenger and not drive after 10 or 11 p.m. So why as parents are we allowing our children to disobey this rule? This wreck could by all means still have happened but instead of 6 being killed, the possible outcome would have been 4. Also the girls were not wearing seatbelts from what the reports said.(although it did say that it wasn't determined based on the damage of the vehicle).

I remember when I was 16....they started the "graduated license" the year after I got my license. I was so happy...but looking back on it, this is a VERY good law. I realize now that I was not NEAR experienced in driving as I am now.

So my plea to you guys out there who will read this and who HAVE children.....PLEASE keep an eye on them. Ground them for breaking these laws. Do something! But please don't set back and allow it saying "well kids will be kids"....or "we had 10-15 in our cars and never got hurt". These cars are not buildt like they were back then. They don't hold up as well. So please make sure you know where your kids are, what they're doing, who they are with, make sure they are obeying the laws set forth by our state no matter how stupid we think they are.

In no way did I mean this to offend anyone, but this has been bothering me since I first read about the wreck last weekend.

Kiss your kids tonight....

bulldawggurl it doesn't matter if u offend anybody because u are right and student/athletes are dying because parents arn't enforcing the rules, Now me i break rules, but their simple like not cleaning my room when my mom ask, or playing ps2 when i'm grounded from it, but my mom raised me right to know not to break the rules that will get me killed, I thank my mother for all the things she has done for me, and if ur an athlete or anybody it doesn't matter if ur parent raised u right u need to thank them and give them a hug and kiss before u go to bed or leave for school or anything else, yes for those who are wondering i am a student, and i'm 17 years old, and yes my mother made my life easier by raising me not to break the big rules that will get me killed and for that i love her /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> all u other teen need to obey ur parents when it comes to those rules, that my $0.02