perry co. summertown rival

pcviking23

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams looked good during the summer and both teams had players that had very good showings at certain rankings and review showcases. I think i will place my bet on Summertown. With the transfer of 6'5 sophomore, the 3point shots of Long, and the ball handling of Clifton, they will be hard to beat.

PC had JOMO (Peavahouse )this summer and he scored 50 he isnt here anymore.

He seriously scored 50? I've never seen him play that well. I saw the Camden/PC games last year and they held him under 25 I believe. If you face guard him he will get very mad and start jacking threes that he shouldn't be shooting. If your team gave him 50 points, then your defense stinks!

He seriously scored 50? I've never seen him play that well. I saw the Camden/PC games last year and they held him under 25 I believe. If you face guard him he will get very mad and start jacking threes that he shouldn't be shooting. If your team gave him 50 points, then your defense stinks!

Very true! We was not a very sound defensive team last year and even we held him to minimal points. I look forward to playing him this year at Riverside.

In the two games against Summertown last year he had a combined total of 12 points. The game that he made all the 3s was a summer camp game. I think he had a 6th grader guarding him.

In the two games against Summertown last year he had a combined total of 12 points. The game that he made all the 3s was a summer camp game. I think he had a 6th grader guarding him.

Ok.. That makes more sense. if a coach has any experience and he became a problem from behind the arch, you could just run a box and 1 on him and it will basically eliminate him from being a big scoring threat.

• 3 weeks later...

this is the biggest rivalry in tennessee...its more than a game to these guys how is it looking this year??

This is without a doubt not a rivalry. The ol' Perry County Boys just ain't the same. They will be lucky to squeak past Hampton's Clifton squad. With a very weak post play and play and players like #23 that come in to relieve the guards and air ball shots. They are cocky, they all look to get their own shot, and they are highly overrated. As much tradition as Perry County has had in the past I personally don't think this program will last very much longer. Even tho the football team is on the rise and getting stronger, the basketball team is getting weaker. The good ol' days of the Rhodes, Haston, and Ellison are slowly disappearing. The freshman class is a bunch of ball hogs, I don't even think they have any sophmores and their juniors are a bunch of rebellious thugs that do what they want and the loss Joho or however you say his name really crushed any chance the program had of succeeding. PC finishes 8th in the district this year, mark my words.