Coalfield at Grace

DCBoysfan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Grace. It's never easy to win any region. Sounds like you have a good squad. I think your coach made some poor decisions in the past...but the past is the past. I hope you all have fun hosting a playoff game...nothing like it under the sun!

Way to go Coalfield. You all could have laid down and no one would have said a word. When your winning, it's easy to lift weights and watch film but when your loosing and the wheels are coming off the wagon...dang!

Very impressive the way you boys tightend up your chin strap and fought your way back into the season! Great coaching and great boys. You know their field...you know their players. Theres no tomorrow so you might as well lay it all out. The Yellow Jackets are probably not gonna compete for the Championship this year but there's still a lot to play for. Wins and loses come and go but Respect lasts forever.

This is not going to be an easy game for Grace, Coalfield seems to be getting better and they will be more fired up for this game than any game all season. To put it mildly,they hate Grace with a passion. I just hope it don't get ugly. The refs need to keep it under controll. Ido think Grace would have to be the favorite ,biut I definately wouldn't rule out an upset. I've been a Coalfield fan for many years, I'll be pulling for them in a big way. Went to battle with Coalfield many times, won some and lost some, they've always been a good bunch.

Pujo, just concentrate on your game...you will have your hands full....It won't get ugly at our house...Coalfield has improved and will not be a pushover...Should be a great night for football...just hope they can keep it clean...

Talking about the class of Coalfield? Ask any coach that has played Grace this year and ask them about class.

I saw the scratches on the faces of the players coming from their eyes, down their face....you don't get those unless someone is going into your facemask for your eyes....I just said that it won't happen this time...

I saw the scratches on the faces of the players coming from their eyes, down their face....you don't get those unless someone is going into your facemask for your eyes....I just said that it won't happen this time...

Yeah i lived with some of those scratches around my house for a week after that game. On the tape you see it happen and one of those great home-grown refs just walks away.

It will be a good hard fought game but Grace should come out on top. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Talking about the class of Coalfield? Ask any coach that has played Grace this year and ask them about class.

Ask Cosby, Jellico, Hampton,Cloudland. Teams with class and not a victims mentality, and then you will hear the truth. All the poor mouthing started on us after we played a team up the road from Coalfield. They were simply frustrated because they didnt have the inside line on playing us that they thought they had. then from that stemmed many untruths that spilled over into the first Coalfield grace match-up. As far as the game at Coalfield the officiating was totally out of hand. You agreed with me on that.

The bottom line is neither team better go into this one thinking they have it in the bag because it can go either way.

Ask Cosby, Jellico, Hampton,Cloudland. Teams with class and not a victims mentality, and then you will hear the truth. All the poor mouthing started on us after we played a team up the road from Coalfield. They were simply frustrated because they didnt have the inside line on playing us that they thought they had. then from that stemmed many untruths that spilled over into the first Coalfield grace match-up. As far as the game at Coalfield the officiating was totally out of hand. You agreed with me on that.

The bottom line is neither team better go into this one thinking they have it in the bag because it can go either way.

I agreed with you about the officials. Both teams have (as with all teams) kids that act out of character for their program. Coalfield can not match up with the athletes that Grace has. I hope both teams and COACHES represent what their institution stands for.