Melrose at Brighton

TraderB

I see what you're saying. I will say this, though - Toney will pass the ball all over Brighton. Them getting a good rush will be key - they got a good one on HC, but Teague was able to scramble. I don't know if Toney will be able to scramble as much. Melrose, if I remember correctly, has a senior Wide Reciever/Kick Returner - #13, I think. This kid is fast - Faster than Teague, fast. He MAY have graduated last year, but I don't believe that to be the case. TraderB - am I right?

Yes. #13 is gone.

---------------------------------

Toney overwhelmingly prefers to drop back & pass the ball. He's an accurate, pure passer with a cannon for an arm. He will scramble only if absolutely, positively necessary--only in crucial situations. His accuracy remains steady.

Toney's "money" receiver is the TE #6. His secondary target is #18. Neither is as fast as #13 from last year, although the Tight End is the fastest (believe it or not) and MOST DANGEROUS of the current receivers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict a BIG Melrose victory either way!

Is this what you think or is this what your friends from Memphis had said about the game?

Red Warrior you talk in circles. I think you are closely linked to the HC program not just a retired coach that moved to the area. This is just my opinion.

Yes. #13 is gone.

---------------------------------

Toney overwhelmingly prefers to drop back & pass the ball. He's an accurate, pure passer with a cannon for an arm. He will scramble only if absolutely, positively necessary--only in crucial situations. His accuracy remains steady.

Toney's "money" receiver is the TE #6. His secondary target is #18. Neither is as fast as #13 from last year, although the Tight End is the fastest (believe it or not) and MOST DANGEROUS of the current receivers.

I remember #6 and #18 when Melrose played Whitehaven. Both are dangerous but #6 has size and speed. We had our hands full with him all night. Both actually. Both will go long but #18 will stretch the field better. IF you don't get a good pass rush on Toney ... he will cut your defensive backfield to shreds.

I am not sold on how good the Melrose offense is, they are averaging 15 points a game against descent teams, Brighton is a descent team and they will score on Brighton but I believe Brighton will score on them if Jackson is at QB. I do not see Melrose winning by 21 points.

Brighton is more versatile than Kingsbury and Kingsbury put up 22 on the golden wildcats.

I am not sold on how good the Melrose offense is, they are averaging 15 points a game against descent teams, Brighton is a descent team and they will score on Brighton but I believe Brighton will score on them if Jackson is at QB. I do not see Melrose winning by 21 points.

Brighton is more versatile than Kingsbury and Kingsbury put up 22 on the golden wildcats.

1) I expect a Melrose win, but definitely not a shutout. My gut tells me that Melrose won't win by 21pts, either.

2) "Explosive" is a much more accurate description than "good," when describing Melrose's offense--mostly PASSING offense.

3) In my view...."Good" = consistent = execution = NOT Melrose!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, after the trip down Semantics lane, Brighton's secondary is going to have a very busy night trying to do something NO OTHER team has done this year: Shut down Melrose's explosive passing game. Their running game...well, it sure as heck leaves a whole lot to be desired. It is anything but explosive or good or consistent.

1) I expect a Melrose win, but definitely not a shutout. My gut tells me that Melrose won't win by 21pts, either.

2) "Explosive" is a much more accurate description than "good," when describing Melrose's offense--mostly PASSING offense.

3) In my view...."Good" = consistent = execution = NOT Melrose!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, after the trip down Semantics lane, Brighton's secondary is going to have a very busy night trying to do something NO OTHER team has done this year: Shut down Melrose's explosive passing game. Their running game...well, it sure as heck leaves a whole lot to be desired. It is anything but explosive or good or consistent.

0 22-Aug-07 at MUS L 13 12

1 29-Aug-07 at Mitchell W 36 14

2 05-Sep-07 Raleigh Egypt ® W 33 0

3 12-Sep-07 Whitehaven L 13 6

4 19-Sep-07 at Kingsbury ® W 35 22

5 26-Sep-07 at Hamilton W 48 12

6 03-Oct-07 Memphis Northside ® W 42 0

7 10-Oct-07 Open

8 17-Oct-07 at Fairley ® L 19 18

9 24-Oct-07 at Fayette Ware W 41 0

10 31-Oct-07 Memphis East ® L 30 25

11 07-Nov-08 at Brighton

Their offense looks unstoppable. They scored 12 on MUS. 6 on Whitehaven. 18 on Fairley. 25 on East.

They are putting up some huge numbers.