DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

i heard they run a 3-5-3. thats all i know

central can live off big plays....but i would love to see central grind it out on the ground and keep that offense off the field.

They were actually playing the run well against White House until white house started airing out the ball.Then the run game opened up.They had trouble stopping the pass.White House's quarterback ended up 15/19 for 395 yards and 5 touchdowns.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were actually playing the run well against White House until white house started airing out the ball.Then the run game opened up.They had trouble stopping the pass.White House's quarterback ended up 15/19 for 395 yards and 5 touchdowns.

DEKALB HAS HAD ALOT OF SUCCESS PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE QB THEY HAVE VERY QUICK HARD HITTING LINEBACKERS

have they been down? they didnt' make the playoffs last year i assume?

It's pretty bad. I've lived in DeKalb my whole life and we've only had one winning season since I've been alive which was in 1999. The season records were:

1993:(2-8)

1994:(3-7)

1995:(2-8)

1996:(3-8)

1997:(1-9)

1998:(2-8)

1999:(6-4)

2000:(3-7)

2001:(1-9)

2002:(1-9)

2003:(3-7)

2004:(3-7)

2005:(0-10)

2006:(1-9)

2007:(2-8)

2008:(8-2)

If you'd like to see where I got the information, and the teams they versed and the score from each game from all the seasons follow this link.

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_dekalbco2000.htm

It's pretty bad. I've lived in DeKalb my whole life and we've only had one winning season since I've been alive which was in 1999. The season records were:

1993:(2-8)

1994:(3-7)

1995:(2-8)

1996:(3-8)

1997:(1-9)

1998:(2-8)

1999:(6-4)

2000:(3-7)

2001:(1-9)

2002:(1-9)

2003:(3-7)

2004:(3-7)

2005:(0-10)

2006:(1-9)

2007:(2-8)

2008:(8-2)

If you'd like to see where I got the information, and the teams they versed and the score from each game from all the seasons follow this link.

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_dekalbco2000.htm

Wow... Kinda looks like our records, all except last yr we was 9-2. I hear Dekalbs defense is weak with the pass and gives up big plays.. Thats what Central lives off. And then again Central's pass defense isnt the best. Can anyone say a shoot out in the making??

Wow... Kinda looks like our records, all except last yr we was 9-2. I hear Dekalbs defense is weak with the pass and gives up big plays.. Thats what Central lives off. And then again Central's pass defense isnt the best. Can anyone say a shoot out in the making??

well im not really worried about that WR out running our guys because if he gets by everyone im almost sure #7 (Josh Moss) will make it a foot race and he doesn't lose many foot races. He ran a 4.4 when off season was here not really sure what he can run now wide open and it ben stiles doesn't get up field than that QB may not get very much running room as for the howard game is was horrible no one had a good game i mean we gave them the game but thats behind us and the chargers are going to come out upset off cause of the game and just beat Dekelb down with the running game chargers by a touchdown 35 to 28

well im not really worried about that WR out running our guys because if he gets by everyone im almost sure #7 (Josh Moss) will make it a foot race and he doesn't lose many foot races. He ran a 4.4 when off season was here not really sure what he can run now wide open and it ben stiles doesn't get up field than that QB may not get very much running room as for the howard game is was horrible no one had a good game i mean we gave them the game but thats behind us and the chargers are going to come out upset off cause of the game and just beat Dekelb down with the running game chargers by a touchdown 35 to 28

Yea Moss is the fastest high school player i have ever saw! but he got hurt on the 2nd play of the game friday but not sure if the seriousness of the injury

Great quarterback and a big fast receiver.Sort of sounds like a Smyrna team from the past two years who won state titles in 5A huh.

I DON'T THINK THEIR IS A RODRIGUEZ WILKS ON DEKALB. BUT THEY ARE VERY GOOD. AND THE QB IS WHAT HE'S ADVERTISED AS. BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A DEFENSE ANYWHERE NEAR THE WAY SMYRNA'S WAS.

DEKALB 37 MCMINN 29

It all depends on what team shows up for the game for Central. The team that played East Ridge and Howard? Or the Central team that knows how to hold onto the ball. If it's the first one, DeKalb County will most likely win. But if it's the team that has showed up for most of the games, Central will win. Chargers at home, I'll go with them by 14.

The question is , How much speed does DC have on defense? Only 3 teams in our region have any speed to speak of, Howard, Central, and ER. Speed on the defensive side has hurt Central. Howards D was "quick" to the ball. Speed caused at least 4 of the turnovers. Central needs to stop the turnovers and penalties to win. I have pulled for Central because I thought they were the only region 3 team with a chance to have a playoff win. Now I am not so sure. Good luck Chargers.

Gonna be a nice one. Going by the numbers, McMinn should come out on top, but their opponents are only 43-57 combined to DC's 48-52. Strength rating tips the nod to Dekalb ranking them at 30 and McMinn 43. I'd say strength of schedule comes into play here and DC comes out on top 35-24 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The question is , How much speed does DC have on defense? Only 3 teams in our region have any speed to speak of, Howard, Central, and ER. Speed on the defensive side has hurt Central. Howards D was "quick" to the ball. Speed caused at least 4 of the turnovers. Central needs to stop the turnovers and penalties to win. I have pulled for Central because I thought they were the only region 3 team with a chance to have a playoff win. Now I am not so sure. Good luck Chargers.

You pretty well nailed what I have preached before the season even started.......and what I have received much disapproval for stating as such. Overall, this is a weak region - lacking the speed and skills to be competitive on the big stage. As hard as Central's coaches have tried to teach these young men, they didn't listen to the message. Some of Central's own fans have contributed to the problem by telling these young men just how great they are, much to the chagrin of several Central coaches........and it showed this past Friday night.

I won't blame the loss to Howard on turnovers because those turnovers showed a lack of discipline on the Central players. This lack of discipline has reared it's ugly head a few times this season, and nearly cost the Chargers the game against East Ridge. Obviously they didn't learn a lesson from that game. If you have a good team like Central, you can play sloppy against most teams in this region and still win (which is a bad thing overall), but you can't play a team like Howard and get away with it.....especially since Howard played an exceptional game and executed their assignments better than they have all year. Howard's players were focused, and when Central served them the ball on a silver platter the Hustlin' Tigers had a feast. Howard was prepared extremely well for this contest, and the Central players thought they just had to show up. Lesson learned - hopefully.

Actually, this loss should help Central - with the exception they have to play against possibly the best team in region 4.... this, according to reports from some people in region 4. DeKalb was the one team I didn't want Central to play in the first round......which is why the game against Howard was so crucial (Howard has a much easier opponent in the first round). Yes, Central can win this game. They have the talent, skill, and speed to do it. But they need to realize they're not playing the patsies from region 3 any more. They'll need to listen to their coaches and play with mental toughness and discipline. Central will be playing a team which is as good, or better, than the Howard team Central saw Friday night. How the Charger coaches and players mentally respond this week will determine the results on Friday night.

I predict Howard and Central will prevail in round one. Polk and East Ridge won't.