DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

Hey buddy you just call balls and strikes! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Am I on that "good" list? I better be because if im not I just wont kick dirt on your clean home plate I will dump a 5 gallon bucket of dirt on it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> If a bucket is not available I will use my hat.....its just as big.

Yes sir, Mr 89. You, my friend are on the good list... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And dont worry, the balls and strikes will definately be called. I just wish I was good enough to still play /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yes we have ran that offense forever, but I guess as long as it works we'll keep running it. I would like to see sum shotgun, but that's just me.

So when are the Tigers gonna fire Tubs? I know there has to be alot of unhappy folks on the Plains. Who knows who we'll get up on the hill.

Good luck tomorrow night...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just noticed that dekalb beat sycamore 20-6. have heard that sycamore is just not very good and dekalb is all world....what happend in this game? i know one game is just one game, but should have dekalb won this game more convincingly? any info?

Also, it seems that Dekalb has been trying to establish a running game the past couple of weeks so they won't be so one demintional. It seems to be working pretty well considering how Pottete and Lawrence rushed for around 230 together last week.

No diffrent than Mcminn centrals game against East Ridge. Sycamore will be closer than 33-14 against Howard. Dekalb will score at least 28 so this one will be a shootout if anything.

as ugly as that game was they did score late in the 4th to make that the final...

so Bone i started workin out i'm gonna go try to walk on at UT... if they're shakin things up maybe they could use me... what do ya think?

Yes sir, Mr 89. You, my friend are on the good list... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And dont worry, the balls and strikes will definately be called. I just wish I was good enough to still play /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yes we have ran that offense forever, but I guess as long as it works we'll keep running it. I would like to see sum shotgun, but that's just me.

So when are the Tigers gonna fire Tubs? I know there has to be alot of unhappy folks on the Plains. Who knows who we'll get up on the hill.

Good luck tomorrow night...

Would you happen to be a Culberson who used to work at Olin?

You got the name right, but I work for the lovely Coca Cola. My dad works @ Olin, and my uncle did til he passed away last March.

I know who your dad is and knew your uncle. Sorry to hear your Uncle passed away - I didn't know. When I saw the post about you umpiring and the name "cub" I figured there was a connection. I may have even seen you running around at the ballpark when you were young since I played softball against your dad and uncle many moons ago. Both of them could jack that ball!!!!

Tell Mr. Johnston to let go of some of those millions and give you a raise. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Got it! I think. Did you leave the word "team" out of your first sentence after the word "better"? If so I think you and I are on the same page. Central is better off "chemistry" wise but not "talent" wise. Correct?

I did leave out team and yes we are on the same page! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Smokey... WC,

You guys can't be serious. Granted, Central has had 2 very good seasons. But even drunk on your BLUE KOOL-AID, you surely can't truly believe that Central's program "blew right by Polk." The mark of a good program is longevity and 2 years certainly doesn't qualify. Polk ,on the other hand, hasn't lost fewer than 7 games since 2000. I would agree that Central has had a better team over the past 2 years, but to say that their program is better than Polk's is pushing it to say the least. I doubt Central will match Polk's feat of 8 straight playoff appearences (and counting) anytime soon.

Come on, get over yourselves too! Polk's playoff record is 7 - 16 and Central's is 9 -17 with one team in the finals! Polk hasn't won a region title in 20 years for sure and as far as I know, never since division play started. Talk about the Kool Aid drinkers! Step up to reality folks! We are not the enemy except for ONE week a year, I sincerely hope Polk wins this week as I do the Chargers.

I know who your dad is and knew your uncle. Sorry to hear your Uncle passed away - I didn't know. When I saw the post about you umpiring and the name "cub" I figured there was a connection. I may have even seen you running around at the ballpark when you were young since I played softball against your dad and uncle many moons ago. Both of them could jack that ball!!!!

Tell Mr. Johnston to let go of some of those millions and give you a raise. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thank you. Gary passed away in March he had been pretty sick. Im sure you did see me @ the park. I dont think I missed many of my dads games. From Linsdale, to Etowah Express, to Graphics and Olin. Ive seen em all. I dont hit quite as good as they do, I hit more for avg /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I just wish I was half the player either one of those 2 were.

As for the raise, wishful thinking. That old man has so much money, he doesn't have a clue what to do with it all....

just noticed that dekalb beat sycamore 20-6. have heard that sycamore is just not very good and dekalb is all world....what happend in this game? i know one game is just one game, but should have dekalb won this game more convincingly? any info?

I will go back to what I have always said. You cannot base games in the past with games to be played. To many factors involved. Injuries, Illnesses, turnovers, officiating, and overall moral of 15 to 18 year old young men.

There is no way to know how a game will go when two teams on paper match up so closely.