DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

He was ejected!

I don't think you understand...Just because you are ejected doesn't mean you must go to the locker room, get dressed, and go home before the game is over...This is also not the first time this has happened this season with our team, but that has already been well documented on coacht

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must know very little about region 3. I've seen this one coming since the end of last season. Over-rated team in a very weak region. Whats up with Polk or their coach being in the Free Press every week? Someone please tell them to find a better region to write stories about. No team in this region could make the playoffs in any other region. Central had a player show their lack of discipline toward the end of the game, I couldnt tell but I believe he was ejected and then tried to start a fight. UGLY. Everything I have read on CoachT about Centrals lack of discipline and sportsmanship is true. 6+4+3=2 will enjoy this story, maybe the Free Press will pick it up. I should have went to the maryville/cleveland game, my team will lose but at least we show class.

Congratulations to Dekalb County,, Played with lots of heart, obviously wanted it more than Central.

Now for yours and everyone's comments about class or the lack of class from Central. Can anyone tell me what other player besides #7 showed a lack of class or sportsmanship tonight????? I thought both teams showed a lot of good sportsmanship toward each other. (a lot of helping the opposing player up and pats on the helmet after a good play, etc)

I agree with you on #7, In my opinion he should have been kicked off the team 2 years ago when he through his helmet at the Jamboree.

I have all the respect in the world for Coach Derrick, He cares for these kids more than most people give him credit for. I know, I have seen it 1st hand, He coaches my son. He tries to help these kids become men. which I think he is learning is a nearly impossible feet when he and his coaching staff are the only ones that do care.

He can try to be parent and teacher and coach from 8:00am till 8:00pm, But their "REAL" parents are going to have to take the other 12 hours per day.

Thanks Seniors for Another Great Year!! You have much to be proud of. You were there and were a big part of bringing pride back to a dormant football program.

Can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you understand...Just because you are ejected doesn't mean you must go to the locker room, get dressed, and go home before the game is over...This is also not the first time this has happened this season with our team, but that has already been well documented on coacht

I can't say for sure, but maybe he was sent to the dressing room by one of the coaches so he would cool off. I missed seeing who he got into a fight with behind the bench. It was a bad situation, nonetheless, and just another one Brandon needs to really work on with these guys in the off-season.

I can't say for sure, but maybe he was sent to the dressing room by one of the coaches so he would cool off. I missed seeing who he got into a fight with behind the bench. It was a bad situation, nonetheless, and just another one Brandon needs to really work on with these guys in the off-season.

I watched the whole thing transpire...He came over, got in Derricks face, cussed at somebody in the stands, then took his pads off and threw them down. He then tried walking off the sidelines, but four or five players tried to stop him. Once he was past them, he went to the locker room. A couple minutes later he came out in street clothes and left.

I have all the respect in the world for Coach Derrick, He cares for these kids more than most people give him credit for. I know, I have seen it 1st hand, He coaches my son. He tries to help these kids become men. which I think he is learning is a nearly impossible feet when he and his coaching staff are the only ones that do care.

He can try to be parent and teacher and coach from 8:00am till 8:00pm, But their "REAL" parents are going to have to take the other 12 hours per day.

If people only knew how true your statements are. I won't say much or name names, but Brandon and some of his coaches are the only resemblance of male authority and love that several of these kids ever see.

I watched the whole thing transpire...He came over, got in Derricks face, cussed at somebody in the stands, then took his pads off and threw them down. He then tried walking off the sidelines, but four or five players tried to stop him. Once he was past them, he went to the locker room. A couple minutes later he came out in street clothes and left.

He came out of the locker room and went into the stands and tried to start a fight with the person in the front row who was yelling at him. Then two of his uncles came over to get him and a parent of another player screamed at the uncles to leave and that he should have been gone a long time ago. Then one of the uncles tried to come in the stands and thats when Mr. Freeman and coach Hart grabbed him. It was an embarrsing circus that humilated the entire community.

I seen it also. These type things are beginning to become habit. What a selfish act, getting 2 unsportsmanlike at that time of the game. Then on top of that tried to fight a Central fan. Oh well, we were swept again. Maybe next year.

For the most part the boys played a very good game. There were some bad calls. They have to learn how to over come them. I'm so proud of the Chargers. What a wonderful season. I was ready to drive to Whitehouse. I've enjoy watching 11 good football games. Go Chargers!

Yes, there were some bad calls, but as you said they have to learn to overcome them and not lose their composure. the referees didn't beat Central....a better prepared team did. And I certainly don't agree with one of those 4th down attempts.......especially running the same QB sneak? Our offense totally tanked after the Polk game!

I said it before the seaon started, and maintained it all season long, and I'll continue saying that our weak schedule kills us. Central isn't prepared to play against a solid, fundamentally sound, skilled team because they don't see any during the regular season. Note that Region 3 champion Howard got drilled at home tonight by the #4 team from Region 4. Last year's Region 3 champion Central team lost to the #4 team from region 4. Year before last Region 3 champion Meigs team lost to the #4 team from Region 4. Notice a trend there? If that doesn't send a message to our Region 3 coaches, I don't know what will. Padding your won/loss stats with patsies will do you no good when the playoffs get here.

Ahhh, poor 'ole Mr.Rayl.

Goes through all the trouble transfering to the rival school only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs anyway. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Best wishes to his injury(s) though.