Brentwood Academy

ThtSupaStar011

Two words that I have said over and over the past two plus years......NO HEART. There is no team in the state of TN that has the talent of BA. They get so little from so much it is amazing. This is not the BA's of old....Hasn't been for a while. They are loaded with DI talent all over the field. They arm tackle and get outsmarted. They are not known for laying the wood on someone. They are living off reputations that were EARNED years ago, and they have no right to claim the same rep, as they haven't EARNED it. This is not the BA people have known for years. I have been around this team as a season ticket holder, supporter, fan and player since the 70's, and I know what I am talking about.

I think your post is very unfair to this current BA team. To say they have no heart is overly critical. I go to every game and I think they play hard. The talent is there, and it has performed. Everyone cites BA's line as it's strength...they have not been run on all year.

There rushing offense is awesome. Just Friday night they had 2 backs each rush for over 100 yards each. BA has suffered because it has no passing attack. Teams can stack the box and dare them to throw it, and unfortunately they can't. Also, they are vulnerable against the pass. MBA was able to throw it, as was Ravenwood, and the result was a close win.

Interesting how seasons can come down to 1 or 2 plays per game. Against Ravenwood, BA did not play well...but if they had stopped Gilroy on the crossing pattern that he took all the way to the 7 with virtually no time remaining, they win. MBA, they have it first and goal with 2 minutes to go, and can't score. Against Ryan, Garlington drops a pass (he was wide open) that would have been a game winner... Prattville, they were outmatched. However, they could easily be 9-1, and this thread would not be here.

Some seasons just go a certain way. Brandon, it is so easy to sit on the sidelines and be critical (as you did your entire career at BA btw). Also, I understand that your children attend another school, and I'm sure you have a good reason for that; however, I just think your post is inflammatory and uncalled for as the young men who play and the coaches who coach work very hard over at Granny White every day.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I believe the TSSAA needs to investigate BA for this 6-4 season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Because When you have 4 senior lineman who are D-1 prospects, 2 junior lineman that are D-1 prospects, 2 tailbacks that are D-1 prospects, two receivers that are D-1 prospects, and finally 2 members in the secondary that are D-1 prospects as well. You should never lose 4 games. Guys that is 12 players who have the chance to play D-1 or D-1AA ball in college there is no excuse for this record. From a outsider looking in, it looks like the players decided not to work very hard this summer because they read their press clippings and don't have a lot of pride in their school.

I think your post is very unfair to this current BA team. To say they have no heart is overly critical. I go to every game and I think they play hard. The talent is there, and it has performed. Everyone cites BA's line as it's strength...they have not been run on all year.

There rushing offense is awesome. Just Friday night they had 2 backs each rush for over 100 yards each. BA has suffered because it has no passing attack. Teams can stack the box and dare them to throw it, and unfortunately they can't. Also, they are vulnerable against the pass. MBA was able to throw it, as was Ravenwood, and the result was a close win.

Interesting how seasons can come down to 1 or 2 plays per game. Against Ravenwood, BA did not play well...but if they had stopped Gilroy on the crossing pattern that he took all the way to the 7 with virtually no time remaining, they win. MBA, they have it first and goal with 2 minutes to go, and can't score. Against Ryan, Garlington drops a pass (he was wide open) that would have been a game winner... Prattville, they were outmatched. However, they could easily be 9-1, and this thread would not be here.

Some seasons just go a certain way. Brandon, it is so easy to sit on the sidelines and be critical (as you did your entire career at BA btw). Also, I understand that your children attend another school, and I'm sure you have a good reason for that; however, I just think your post is inflammatory and uncalled for as the young men who play and the coaches who coach work very hard over at Granny White every day.

Yes they could be 9-1, but guess wat??? They arent and this thread IS here.

Coach E and Redmond will whip them into shape in the offseason. I doubt the kids at BA will know what hit them. Wish BA was playing MUS actually, was hoping they'd get a chance to knock them off for us. Talent evaluators would be all over a MUS/BA playoff game.

BA looks nothing like it did back in Flatt's days. They were hard nosed and other teams were scared to play BA cause they were so physical and hit so hard. It just looks like they have lost that edge.

Coach E and Redmond will whip them into shape in the offseason. I doubt the kids at BA will know what hit them. Wish BA was playing MUS actually, was hoping they'd get a chance to knock them off for us. Talent evaluators would be all over a MUS/BA playoff game.

I find it hard to believe that the talent evaluators have largely ignored MUS's seniors. There's been some interest, but no offers to my knowledge. It's incredible that a team can get to 10-0 in Division II AA, after playing and beating a nationally-ranked team which has a number of DI commits (Olive Branch), yet not a single MUS player has an offer.

I find it hard to believe that the talent evaluators have largely ignored MUS's seniors. There's been some interest, but no offers to my knowledge. It's incredible that a team can get to 10-0 in Division II AA, after playing and beating a nationally-ranked team which has a number of DI commits (Olive Branch), yet not a single MUS player has an offer.

It's all about the numbers these days: Height. weight, 40 time.

Coaches looking for "Workout Warriors" not FB players.

Two words that I have said over and over the past two plus years......NO HEART. There is no team in the state of TN that has the talent of BA. They get so little from so much it is amazing. This is not the BA's of old....Hasn't been for a while. They are loaded with DI talent all over the field. They arm tackle and get outsmarted. They are not known for laying the wood on someone. They are living off reputations that were EARNED years ago, and they have no right to claim the same rep, as they haven't EARNED it. This is not the BA people have known for years. I have been around this team as a season ticket holder, supporter, fan and player since the 70's, and I know what I am talking about.

So let's now say you are NOT a season ticket holder, supporter or fan.

Who doesn't have "HEART" - Brandon?

Whatever Oblong.....you know it all...

CoachT.com IS a DISCUSSION board primarilly focused on high school sports....the good and the bad. A topic like this is why it is in existence. Folks like to talk about certain subjects, and not candy coat why a team is playing to a level they are playing in fear of controversy. It is evident that there are questions why a team as talented as BA reloads every year has a hard time taking the state, much less doing good to play .500 ball this year, and it is a legit discussion. Sometimes the answers hurt, and I am a BA faithful on this board that continues to post. I call it like it is, and sometimes folks answers aren't what others want to hear. It is ok to have differing views. I don't want to have my head in the sand and be oblivious. You cannot always think your team has no problems and someone that calls it like it is is wrong.

Concerning BA....unless you have been around the program long enough, you wouldn't know these current teams (with the exception of the 06-07 teams.....'07 had a player that should have helped his team alot more than he did) in no shape, form or fashion resemble a BA team that the school built it's reputation on. Exactly how long have you followed BA? The toughness and heart issue is the exact reason why a certain coach made a visit to the practice field after the loss to Ravenwood. The folks that have been around the program for a long time know there is not the same spirit. Two of the four teams they lost to are Ravenwood (6-4) and Father Ryan (5-5...they actually had a losing record going into the game).

Nothing against BA. I love the school, and spent five years there. I have been a supporter for a long time. Yes, my child does go to CPA....was accepted at BA, but she fit in better at CPA. Both are great schools, and we were happy with either. The CPA campus and feel is more like the BA of years past. My wife and I like that.

So let's now say you are NOT a season ticket holder, supporter or fan.

Who doesn't have "HEART" - Brandon?

You would have to be an "old timer" to understand.......at least someone familiar with the program longer than 10 years......there was a certain pride the school had in playing football. Everyone gave their all, and there was overachievement all over the field. Yes....there were many athletes that went on to play big time ball, but the overall player was not a superstar. The teams of new are a different sect of kids. Much more talented as a whole than players of the past, but don't play to their potential as a team.

When Carlton retired from Brentwood Academy several things began to happen:

1. They are not weightroom warriors like they once were.

2. BA teams of the past played the "US AGAINST THE WORLD" game very well

3. The offense was very simple but ran to perfection

4. BA now tries to run the spread which requires a very good QB & WR which they do not have

5. BA probably had more overacheivers in past years than any team in Tennessee

6. The whole BA community supported & worked for the football program

JMO, but I do not see BA ever getting back to the level that Carlton had them for many seasons. The whole BA community seems to be going in another direction than they once were. That is not to say they will be a bad program but it's very difficult to stay on top if everyone is not pulling the rope in the same direction.