Region 7A in the playoffs

volfan007

gotta know which of the 8 aren't class acts

All of the 8's are class acts. I am refering to LC and their behavior at FA two years ago. I have never seen such a classless act at any sporting event and I have seen many over a lot of years. And before the LC fans respond, let me say that I was almost as upset and disappointed at the reaction of some of the FA fans. They should have acted like the adults that they were suposed to be and did not. The reactions and celebreation of the players was encouraged by the coaches and fans on the LC side and that is where the real shame lies.

The game fro the previous years that was referanced earlier was NOT running up the score....it was just a sound beating and that game was very close until late in the game when FA pulled away. It was not running up the score

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the 8's are class acts. I am refering to LC and their behavior at FA two years ago. I have never seen such a classless act at any sporting event and I have seen many over a lot of years. And before the LC fans respond, let me say that I was almost as upset and disappointed at the reaction of some of the FA fans. They should have acted like the adults that they were suposed to be and did not. The reactions and celebreation of the players was encouraged by the coaches and fans on the LC side and that is where the real shame lies.

The game fro the previous years that was referanced earlier was NOT running up the score....it was just a sound beating and that game was very close until late in the game when FA pulled away. It was not running up the score

The game in 2005 was 53 to 14 with FA throwing a 70 yard td pass with 1:50 seconds left in the game. We can argue about this all night. LC players,coaches or fans did nothing wrong that night. The FA fans and players showed bad sportsmanship two years ago after LC beat them but we did not call them classless. Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. I expect a very good game Friday night.

Thanks, I got it. I also heard about it and think you show a lot of class here, yourself. The guy that I know that was actually there said LC was way out of line, but that the Fayette folks made the whole deal worse, which you conceed - rather than being a complete homer like most on this site.

The game in 2005 was 53 to 14 with FA throwing a 70 yard td pass with 1:50 seconds left in the game. We can argue about this all night. LC players,coaches or fans did nothing wrong that night. The FA fans and players showed bad sportsmanship two years ago after LC beat them but we did not call them classless. Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. I expect a very good game Friday night.

I expect a good game too and I look forward to Friday as well. You are right it is history and I hope this time both teams and thier fans behave themselves better than our last experiances. Let's hope nobody gets hurt and that we get a solid crew of refs this week that will allow the kids to decide the outcome of the game.

This whole thing is off topic anyway.

Go region 8!

I expect a good game too and I look forward to Friday as well. You are right it is history and I hope this time both teams and thier fans behave themselves better than our last experiances. Let's hope nobody gets hurt and that we get a solid crew of refs this week that will allow the kids to decide the outcome of the game.

This whole thing is off topic anyway.

Go region 8!

I agree with everything you said.

Halls did beat Lake Co on the scoreboard..a game that Lake Co dropped a couple sure touchdown passes and had a 90 yarder called back..Lake Co tied the game with about 4 minutes to go in that game and on the touchdown ,an official dedided to throw a flag just for a Falcon crossing the goal line and holding up a finger for the number 1 sign..If just holding up a finger is considered taunting..then if a player decided to jump up and down with teammates or a teammate decides to come over and slap him on the shoulder pads could be called...No official should have called that with a tie game and just 4 minutes left.. Instead of going for two points from about 2 and a half yards out..Was backed up close to the 20...But..You're right as far as losing on the scoreboard..Also..Halls has a good team...Just noticed they beat the number 1 team,TCA, in that district by 9 points..TCa beat Manassas and Manassas beat Fayette Ac. by 20 something points...I also noticed Fayette Ac. beat Bruceton 24-7....So...Every team can throw out all the other games..The season begins now..I believe all these games could go either way!

If I remember bigster Halls had a couple of scores called back as well. Also didn't Lake get a TD by recovering a fumble deep in your territory.

Union City 42 Halls 12... Halls played good last week, but UC played better. Halls will be playing a team this week that is just as fast as Manassas. Manassas dominated them earlier this year. Union City is the playoff frontrunner to this point, and I dont see Halls even giving them a fight after halftime.

TCA 28 Gleason 20... TCA has played every game close this year, and i dont see anything that makes me think otherwise. Gleason should move the ball early, but I think TCA should outscore them, I look for TCA to use a balenced attack to get a W by 8. TCA's coaches should have the Lions focused after last week.

Lake County 35 Fayette Academy 27... I think this could go either way, but im saying Lake by 8 because they will be much faster than Fayette. I am also looking forward to a Lake Co. TCA second round matchup like two years ago. That was one of the best games ever seen at Windy City Stadium.

Manassas 30 McKenzie 21... At manassas is a terrible draw for anyone. You have to go to Memphis and play infront of a terrible crowd and on a terrible field, with terrible Memphis refs. If Mckenzie can slow manassas down and play their style of football they could pull away a W. This should be a good game.

I pretty much agree with Stockerd's post except for the McKenzie game....If this were basketball,I'd agree completely...Doesn't matter who you are it's almost impossible to go into Memphis and win on the court but this is football...I take the opposite position about the draw..This is a terrible draw for a home #2 seed especially a team not used to being in the playoffs and winning...McKenzie isn't just some other team...They do happen to be the 1A State Runner-up..They have been making runs into the play-offs and played in quite a few big games...I'm sure the Tigers have a ton of athletes but that doesn't win games alone and last I checked the football field at McKenzie and Memphis are both 100 yards...After the first couple of licks are passed whatever crowd Manassas has will be out-yelled by the Rebel faithful who will more than likely outnumber the home team's crowd anyway....

I'm going with McKenzie by 10 points....Keep an eye on special teams..It will come into play Friday night...

Stockerd,

I think your mighty close. McKenzie is the only team from 7A that could win in Memphis but I think you are right. Noone else has the confidence to go to Memphis and not be scared to death. I hope Gleason can stay with TCA but that one could be a blowout after the TCA loss last week.

Gleason's not a bad team...They just ran into a buzz-saw Friday night...

What i was saying about the field is that it is in terrible shape. Pot holes, dirt, sand and 5 in. grass. The Memphis officiating plays favorites when an out of town team rolls in. Special Teams will be pivotal. I said Manassas would score 30, because the go for two every time. This could be the best game of the four. I dont really know who I want to win, I just want an injury free, good football game.

P&GS: I know Gleason has put up some points, what makes them so prolific, and what makes their defense sub par?