Region 7A in the playoffs

volfan007

Not so fast my friend!!!!! i see it the other way around TCA will be the only team to win out of region 8 and gleason will make it closer than the experts think!!!!!!!!

I think I heard the same talk about gGleason before they went down to Fayette and got pummeled last year....not a chance.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls could give UC fits if the QB and the WR's are clicking.

Of course, can Halls stop Speed. I dont know. It will take a huge defensive effort on Halls part to stop him.

That has been tried and tested all year by everyone since westview. What other teams don't get is that you have got a very good athletic QB that is also very smart and unselfish. MANY options and reads and UC is using everyone. He could have run up huge numbers but that is not his way or Bowlings. I expect a close game because Halls also is very fast.

That has been tried and tested all year by everyone since westview. What other teams don't get is that you have got a very good athletic QB that is also very smart and unselfish. MANY options and reads and UC is using everyone. He could have run up huge numbers but that is not his way or Bowlings. I expect a close game because Halls also is very fast.

Don't you know Speed could have had over 300 yards rushing last night if he had chosen to do so??...Every time they had a 4th and long or needed any large amount of yardage,he just kept it and was virtually running around by himself....He only rushed the ball 6 times as it was and had over 100 yards..

The only games that could turn into blowouts would be TCA blowing out Gleason...if they dont come ready to play. And, the other game that could turn into a blowout would be UC blowing out Halls...if Halls doesnt come ready to play.

But, Gleason could give TCA all they want if they play their A game. And, Halls could give UC all they want...Halls beat Lake Co., and Halls passes the ball very good....which seems to give UC trouble.

Halls did beat Lake Co on the scoreboard..a game that Lake Co dropped a couple sure touchdown passes and had a 90 yarder called back..Lake Co tied the game with about 4 minutes to go in that game and on the touchdown ,an official dedided to throw a flag just for a Falcon crossing the goal line and holding up a finger for the number 1 sign..If just holding up a finger is considered taunting..then if a player decided to jump up and down with teammates or a teammate decides to come over and slap him on the shoulder pads could be called...No official should have called that with a tie game and just 4 minutes left.. Instead of going for two points from about 2 and a half yards out..Was backed up close to the 20...But..You're right as far as losing on the scoreboard..Also..Halls has a good team...Just noticed they beat the number 1 team,TCA, in that district by 9 points..TCa beat Manassas and Manassas beat Fayette Ac. by 20 something points...I also noticed Fayette Ac. beat Bruceton 24-7....So...Every team can throw out all the other games..The season begins now..I believe all these games could go either way!

If Union City can come out like they did against Gleason with the run, lights out for Halls. I really do not care how much Halls throws the ball. Now, for some unknown reason Halls does slow us down and their pass game is on then it might be a close game.

Folks, Union City CAN defend the pass a little better than most of you are giving credit to. It is like P & G said, it is the teams that are well balanced that will give Union City problems.

As for Gleason, I was not all that impressed with them. Union City shut their run game down and gave the opportunities to throw. I see gleason getting beat by at least 2 or 3 T D 's.

McKenzie.....are playing better than they were and most are healthy. They are pretty well balanced and have some speed. Close game for them either way...toss up!!

Lake Co. .....the most dangerous team of the 8. I see the Lake County game as a toos up as well. If Lake county wins it will be late in the game and by one or two T D 's but if the loose it will be by 2 or more T D 's.

My personal oppinion is outside of Gleason, you can toss up Lake Co., Union City & McKenzie and one of these teams will possibly go to the 4th round. Lake County least likely to do so. All three of these teams are playing very well right now and as for Union City, Coach Bowling said Union City is gelling at the right time.

If Union City can come out like they did against Gleason with the run, lights out for Halls. I really do not care how much Halls throws the ball. Now, for some unknown reason Halls does slow us down and their pass game is on then it might be a close game.

Folks, Union City CAN defend the pass a little better than most of you are giving credit to. It is like P & G said, it is the teams that are well balanced that will give Union City problems.

As for Gleason, I was not all that impressed with them. Union City shut their run game down and gave the opportunities to throw. I see gleason getting beat by at least 2 or 3 T D 's.

McKenzie.....are playing better than they were and most are healthy. They are pretty well balanced and have some speed. Close game for them either way...toss up!!

Lake Co. .....the most dangerous team of the 8. I see the Lake County game as a toos up as well. If Lake county wins it will be late in the game and by one or two T D 's but if the loose it will be by 2 or more T D 's.

My personal oppinion is outside of Gleason, you can toss up Lake Co., Union City & McKenzie and one of these teams will possibly go to the 4th round. Lake County least likely to do so. All three of these teams are playing very well right now and as for Union City, Coach Bowling said Union City is gelling at the right time.

I Love that region 7 confidence.....you will be very surprized what you all see out of region 8. All you folks do all season is play each other so you don't really know about anything much outside your region. You are just like regions 5 and 6......wrapped up in your little bubbles. That bubble just might burst Friday night if you keep blowing wind up each others skirts like you have been all season

I Love that region 7 confidence.....you will be very surprized what you all see out of region 8. All you folks do all season is play each other so you don't really know about anything much outside your region. You are just like regions 5 and 6......wrapped up in your little bubbles. That bubble just might burst Friday night if you keep blowing wind up each others skirts like you have been all season

lol love the reply dude, pretty funny

Union City will beat Halls bad. TCA will beat Gleason. The other two games are tossups. I do like Lake Co. chances against Fayette Academy. LC matches up extremely well with them. LC will be the fastest team FA has played since Manassas. Look for that game to be high scoring. Mckenzie is a very solid well coached football team. Manassas better bring their A game or they will get beat. TCA played a very difficult schedule. Manassas played noboby. FA lost to any good team they played this year. So what is so impressive about region 8 ?

Union City will beat Halls bad. TCA will beat Gleason. The other two games are tossups. I do like Lake Co. chances against Fayette Academy. LC matches up extremely well with them. LC will be the fastest team FA has played since Manassas. Look for that game to be high scoring. Mckenzie is a very solid well coached football team. Manassas better bring their A game or they will get beat. TCA played a very difficult schedule. Manassas played noboby. FA lost to any good team they played this year. So what is so impressive about region 8 ?

You will find out Friday night. It is a new season and anything can and will happen. I think all four of this weeks games could easily go either way. It really doesn't matter who played who and who beat who. Although, playing and beating, or getting beat, by stronger competition does prepare you a little better than just beating up on each other for the last three months.

It comes down to who works and plays the hardest this week.

Most (with one exception) of the teams in both regions are class acts. They are well coached and the kids will learn a lot about life playing football....and it continues Friday night.

I, for one can't wait to watch it.

You will find out Friday night. It is a new season and anything can and will happen. I think all four of this weeks games could easily go either way. It really doesn't matter who played who and who beat who. Although, playing and beating, or getting beat, by stronger competition does prepare you a little better than just beating up on each other for the last three months.

Most (with one exception) of the teams in both regions are class acts. They are well coached and the kids will learn a lot about life playing football....and it continues Friday night.

In an earlier post you mentioned that Lake Co acted bad at FA two years ago. That is a false statement. Yes, they were excited about the win but did not do anything disrepectful. Think about this the year before FA run the score up on LC in the playoff's. So, is that class? Anyway, I agree with you the next few weeks will be exciting. I hope for all games to be injury free.

gotta know which of the 8 aren't class acts