milan vs btw

bulldoggfan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan wins easily again. I just hope they come out injury free. Im pullin fo rthe dogs to go all the way this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It would be nice to have the title in west tennessee for once.

Milan wins easily again. I just hope they come out injury free. Im pullin fo rthe dogs to go all the way this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It would be nice to have the title in west tennessee for once.

We have had plenty of titles in the west. Does anyone happen to know in the past twenty years how many titles west, middle, and east has had in 2a. Good luck milan

Guest nwtnsports

We have had plenty of titles in the west. Does anyone happen to know in the past twenty years how many titles west, middle, and east has had in 2a. Good luck milan

AA titles since 1988:

West - 2 (Milan '98, Huntingdon '03); Middle - 7; East - 11

Just four rural West Tennessee schools have won state championships in the past twenty years.

(Milan 2, JCS 1, Huntingdon 1, Bruceton 1)

This year's Milan team scored more points through ten regular season games - 423 - than any Bulldog team since 1999. (Milan scored 399 in 2003.)

Yes but if you look at the quality of competition this year compared to the 2003 season, then you'll see that that stat is misleadin when comparing teams. The competition level of the teams this team faced this year is really lower than the teams the 2003 team faced. This year Huntingdon is way down, trenton is young, westview didn't have their quarterback due to injury, humboldt is young. In 2003 teams were alot stronger and more competitive

Guest nwtnsports

I brought up that stat to compliment this year's offense, not to slight the 2003 team. Just brought up '03, because it seems that and the '99 teams are the recent standards of excellence for Milan football.

But, FYI, through regular season games:

2003 - opponents' combined record 47-53, six playoff teams

2008 - opponents' combined record 46-54, six playoff teams

I brought up that stat to compliment this year's offense, not to slight the 2003 team. Just brought up '03, because it seems that and the '99 teams are the recent standards of excellence for Milan football.

But, FYI, through regular season games:

2003 - opponents' combined record 47-53, six playoff teams

2008 - opponents' combined record 46-54, six playoff teams

In my opinion, this is the best Milan offense since 2003. However, I've seen every game this year and the competition is different than that year in 2003 to me. Humboldt, Westview, Trenton, Huntington, and Dresden are all way down.

The 1999 team was great but the 2003 team is the standard as of late. If anyone remembers that yr, watching it, and all the players on the field that year for Milan, can say they are most def the new standard for Milan.

Milans offense this year is ridiculous. Passing more. More variety but in my opinion the 2003 team was probably better in every position. Hope we can make it to state

In my opinion, this is the best Milan offense since 2003. However, I've seen every game this year and the competition is different than that year in 2003 to me. Humboldt, Westview, Trenton, Huntington, and Dresden are all way down.

The 1999 team was great but the 2003 team is the standard as of late. If anyone remembers that yr, watching it, and all the players on the field that year for Milan, can say they are most def the new standard for Milan.

Milans offense this year is ridiculous. Passing more. More variety but in my opinion the 2003 team was probably better in every position. Hope we can make it to state

Guest nwtnsports

Just saw where the game previews are up on the football page over at milanhighsports.com. Check out the Warrior and Bulldog scouting reports and game notes. Then pick this week's winner in the poll. Milan's roster and stats are on the site, as well.