Region 1-1a vs Region 2-1a First round playoffs?

Guest Shocker0

Guest Shocker0

Here are my predictions:

#1 Grace Christian (9-1)- 22

#4 Coalfield (4-6)- 27

#2 Cosby (8-2)- 13

#3 Midway (7-3)- 25

#3 Hampton (5-5) - 14

#2 Greenback (9-1)- 22

#1 Oneida (10-0)- 34

#4 Cloudland (6-4)- 8

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock....I usually don't like to pick this many games.....#1 because I don't get to see too many of the other teams and the unknown usually isn't good for me and #2 I have a hard enough time worrying about my beloved Indians to concentrate on the other games around the region. (I was so satisfied with last nights win, I didn't even bother to find out the other region's champion until a little while ago.) However, I think you may have jumped some scores you might "re-think" a little bit.

Grace Christian has already beaten Coalfield once this season, so I'm a little surprised you think the Yellow Jackets can pull the upset. Now I know Coalfield has been playing much better lately, and I sincerely hope your score holds up. (Nothing would make me happier than to see Keith Henry roll some play-off magic) It will take an incredible effort by Rock and the Yellow Jackets to make this happen.....I guess we'll see?!?!

Midway without Poe is going to severly hamper the Green Waves Post-Season Ability. Again....not impossible, but highly unlikely with key players out. Again, we'll see.

I'm OK with Hampton - Greenback (sorry pujo), but Hampton is one of the best 5 - 5 teams I think I have ever seen. Greenback is going to present the Bulldogs some serious problems. They run and throw the ball pretty well, so that balance is going to be hard to defend. I do think Hampton has a legitimate shot, but they must be sky high and ready to get after it! Of course they usually are, but they, uncharacteristically, have been prone to let downs this season. Don't know why?

I'm good with your last one. Oneida is the deepest team of the eight and you know they are playing well because they just defeated the, argueably, second strongest team in the two regions. I'm not blowing my own horn either, Greenback rolled into last nights game unbeaten. Oneida won that ballgame in the second half, as their offense began to find holes (weaknesses) in the Cherokee Defense. I would say they will find them a lot sooner against the Highlanders.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazatoro /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Shocker0

Hey people, this is a pretty good topic.....what does everybody else think? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazurus

I think it is /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

These type of questions were up this time last year and the year before and there were pages and pages of predictions, I guess the forums aren't as active anymore. I was hoping at least with me going out on a limb and picking Coalfield it would get the Grace fans to posting /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm pretty much with ole Kaz on this, Oneida is the only pretty sure thing. Coalfield is laying for Grace. They want them badly. Midway with all their players would be a very tough draw for anyone, they still have ole Ray Ray, should be a great game. Hampton and Greenback could be a classic ,but only if Hampton plays hard for 4 quarters and don't commit silly mistakes. They are due a good game. But when its al said and done, Ihope its our best team that comes out of it ,that 4TH round will take our best .

I expect Oneida to come out on fire, being at home and after last week. The Indians are really starting to play great ball at just the right time. Tough draw for Cloudland.

Man, I would love to see Coalfield and coach Henry upset Grace but I don't know if they will have enough gas left in the tank for that trip. HOWever, The Yellow Jackets are about as hot as a team can get at this point in the season. The playoffs are crazy sometimes. This is Grace's first time in the front row....very easy to lay an egg your first time in the drivers seat.

The Cosby/Midway game will be interesting. I might flip Shockers scores there. I think it would take 3 scores for Cosby to safely stay in front of the Green Wave. I dont know if Cosby can pull that off. Midway with Ray-Ray is a good team, period. I dont know, I think Cosby might win this one at home.

The Hampton/Greenback game could have some posibilities for being a close contest or even an upset. If Hampton plays smart, they have the coaches and athletes to play spoiler. Greenback is a very solid team though. Greenback is good on offense (running and passing) and very good on defense. I think it would take a combination of the Cherokees loosing focus a bit and the Bulldogs taking advantage of every single Greenback mistake. Could be a good game.

I say top 2 from each region advance , The 2-3 games will be interesting , Hampton is a very good 3 but Greenback is a really good 2 , If Midway is at full strength it should be a good game at Cosby hopefully with my eagles winning a close one , but if they are still missing those key players it could be a long night for the waves.

I'm pulling for Cloudland but don't think they can hang with Oneida for long , and the Grace and Coalfield game could be decent if Coalfield can contain Graces high powered offense.

Here are my predictions:

#1 Grace Christian (9-1)- 22

#4 Coalfield (4-6)- 27

#2 Cosby (8-2)- 13

#3 Midway (7-3)- 25

#3 Hampton (5-5) - 14

#2 Greenback (9-1)- 22

#1 Oneida (10-0)- 34

#4 Cloudland (6-4)- 8

alright agree with some

let me give u my predictions

#1gca- 53

#4chs- 13

#2cosby-50+

#3mhs-6

onieda game who cares its gonna be a blow out clodland stinks

#4chs - 13

this is a great topic. i hope it stays that way. good luck to all teams. my perdiction would be the simlple truth. anyone of these teams could win. have seen all play. cloudlands misfortune against hampton hurts them. see if we can keep this topic solid and not a team bashing forum for trash talk. i hope that the cosby nation will step up and bit their lip. good luck and safty to all teams.

coach shelton