DCA @Boyd

roxxiz1921

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on last year, DCA DOES pass a lot..........that is how they beat Tyner in the playoffs last year. As long as Boyd can get pressure on the QB and Nic Hughes plays better than he did against Tyner,( which was VERY unimpressive after all of the hype about him) Boyd can win. I hope Boyd has their secondary ready............

...Good analysis on 2007 game against DCA...also I agree with your assessement of Hughes...seems like he was timid about getting hit...anyway I think Boyd will win this game as long as they don't look at DCA's record and underestimate them!!!

The Bucs should handle DCA, but need to make a few changes before planning a return trip to the state championships. The lack of heart shown by several of the players is very disheartening. While trailing 7-3 to Tyner in the first half, the ball was fumbled on an exchange between the QB and RB. The ball landed at the feet of the QB, who instead of diving on the ball, stood still and appeared to step backwards, away from the ball and away from contact. While I realize that 2 of Tyner's defensive linemen were diving for the ball, he should have made an attempt to recover the fumble, he probably would have beaten both of them to the ball. I realize that he has been injured at times over the last couple of years and doesn't like to get hit, in fact avoids getting hit, but in a game of this magnitude his lack of effort was disappointing. Then to see him standing on the sidelines talking to Courtney Braswell from "Stump on Sports" DURING the game was baffeling. Several times this year I have noticed him "chatting it up" with Courtney instead of being involved with the game, many of those times after he has thrown an interception. For the Bucs to make a run in the playoffs, they need him to be fully concentrating on the game, and they need him to play with the heart of a champion. He has the physical tools to lead the Bucs deep into the playoffs, but needs to see a cardiologist. Also, I've noticied one of the offensive linemen who always seems to sit by himself when he comes off the field. He usually comes off yelling at the other linemen about something that has happened. Most of the time HE is the one who missed an assignment and caused the loss on the play. He then proceeds to the bench and sits alone, and will move if the other linemen come to sit by him. The o-line has to work as a cohesive unit for the Bucs running game to be successful, and having a premadonna on the line will not get them very far in the playoffs. Its a shame that there are players out there who are more concerned with stats, playing time, and avoiding contact, than with winning football games. There are too many guys out there giving it everything they've got on everyplay, guys like Cole Webster, Reece Davis, Seth Emory, Taylor Gilley, and many others, who deserve better effort than what some of these guys are giving. While I would never question a players talent level because they are kids, I think it is fair to question the amount of effort they put forth.

The Bucs have the ability to make a deep run this year into the playoffs, it's just a matter leadership by some of the players.

The Bucs should handle DCA, but need to make a few changes before planning a return trip to the state championships. The lack of heart shown by several of the players is very disheartening. While trailing 7-3 to Tyner in the first half, the ball was fumbled on an exchange between the QB and RB. The ball landed at the feet of the QB, who instead of diving on the ball, stood still and appeared to step backwards, away from the ball and away from contact. While I realize that 2 of Tyner's defensive linemen were diving for the ball, he should have made an attempt to recover the fumble, he probably would have beaten both of them to the ball. I realize that he has been injured at times over the last couple of years and doesn't like to get hit, in fact avoids getting hit, but in a game of this magnitude his lack of effort was disappointing. Then to see him standing on the sidelines talking to Courtney Braswell from "Stump on Sports" DURING the game was baffeling. Several times this year I have noticed him "chatting it up" with Courtney instead of being involved with the game, many of those times after he has thrown an interception. For the Bucs to make a run in the playoffs, they need him to be fully concentrating on the game, and they need him to play with the heart of a champion. He has the physical tools to lead the Bucs deep into the playoffs, but needs to see a cardiologist. Also, I've noticied one of the offensive linemen who always seems to sit by himself when he comes off the field. He usually comes off yelling at the other linemen about something that has happened. Most of the time HE is the one who missed an assignment and caused the loss on the play. He then proceeds to the bench and sits alone, and will move if the other linemen come to sit by him. The o-line has to work as a cohesive unit for the Bucs running game to be successful, and having a premadonna on the line will not get them very far in the playoffs. Its a shame that there are players out there who are more concerned with stats, playing time, and avoiding contact, than with winning football games. There are too many guys out there giving it everything they've got on everyplay, guys like Cole Webster, Reece Davis, Seth Emory, Taylor Gilley, and many others, who deserve better effort than what some of these guys are giving. While I would never question a players talent level because they are kids, I think it is fair to question the amount of effort they put forth.

The Bucs have the ability to make a deep run this year into the playoffs, it's just a matter leadership by some of the players.

I had to watch the game on tv. I wonder if anyone else shares your opinion, though. The play you're referring to, where there was a fumble, I must say that I'm inclined to agree with you in that there could have been more effort given. However, there was plenty of effort given towards the end of the game on the comeback attempt...and I must ask.... what # O lineman are you referring to?