State pairings

schsdad02

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These pairings look to be be "fair" and that some thought has gone into the process. That is all you can ask for. Kudos to TSSAA

But was it "fair" or just a blind draw? While I think it is the most accurate pairings that I have seen over the past 5 years, how did they get to it? Did they sit down and discuss it? Do we know how they got to the pairings? Or did they just luckily stumble upon the brackets.

Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I sure would like to know.

But was it "fair" or just a blind draw? While I think it is the most accurate pairings that I have seen over the past 5 years, how did they get to it? Did they sit down and discuss it? Do we know how they got to the pairings? Or did they just luckily stumble upon the brackets.

Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I sure would like to know.

To look at the pairings I have to think that these pairings were "seeded". I don't know why TSSAA does not want to use that term. It seems again that this should be the purpose of the committee is to allow the opportunity for those who have proved themselves over the course of a year to not have to play each other in the first round. My guess is that by using the term "blind draw" you need not have to worry about those who claim that the seedings were unfair. If this year's pairings are any indication (of a blind draw) then let's continue to use the term and hope that we see common sense brackets in years to come. After all nobody can complain when it is "blind".

I would have to think that TSSAA did put some thought into it.

It is the exact same pairings as last year (I saved a copy of the 2007 State Bracket) . . . except CAK plays Station Camp (last year it was CCS, a winner in the sectional of the 3/4 Regions), and FRA plays Seymour (last year it was Knox. Catholic, a winner in the sectional of the 1/2 Regions).

Now that would be some HUGE probability for it to work out that way in a blind draw !!!!!!! So yes KUDOS to the TSSAA and this type of "blind draw" method.

Happened a little differently in 2005 and 2006. Now I can't promise the same brackets I know that CCS (region 3 winner and sectional winner) played FRA (in a #1 v #2 game).

The next year Notre Dame (region 3 winner and sectional winner) played FRA in a #1 v #2 or 3 or whatever it actually was game.

I think that was the year USJ made the final then got beat by a touchdown.

I think that the problem with the "blind draw" is that no one believes that it is a "blind draw" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> History tends to set this up for further speculation and doubt and there is considerable suspicion (justifiably so) of the TSSAA by the privates (who tend to dominate A/AA soccer......trivia question...who was the last public school to win girl's A/AA state champ????). Should be a fun state tournament....it will be for me...while I'm rooting /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> for the Panthers from FRA...no dog in the fight this year! Y'all have fun!

I think that the problem with the "blind draw" is that no one believes that it is a "blind draw" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> History tends to set this up for further speculation and doubt and there is considerable suspicion (justifiably so) of the TSSAA by the privates (who tend to dominate A/AA soccer......trivia question...who was the last public school to win girl's A/AA state champ????). Should be a fun state tournament....it will be for me...while I'm rooting /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> for the Panthers from FRA...no dog in the fight this year! Y'all have fun!

Ridgeway 2001 the score was 11-2!!

(Ahem... we won't mention who it was against, if that's alright with everyone)