State pairings

schsdad02

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's gonna "draw" FRA, ND, or CAK? Bwoooo haaaa haaa haaaa (evil laugh). Most likely, with the way the TSSAA is, they will "draw" each other!

SC is more concerned with the first game start time than the opponent. I may have to miss 3 days work instead of 2 if we are not given the latest time on Wednesday. And if we play good enough to make it to the championship game on Saturday, my wife and I will be fighting about which of us is gonna miss it. The 10 year old has a tournament in Evansville, IN next weekend.

Nothing wrong with that

Every team but one will go home with one loss. However fortunate or unfortunate, you will have to play the best team(s) to win. Playing a team early may end in a better result as both sides are well rested and neither side will have suffered due to an inner tournament injury, red card or similar. Yes, sometimes the semi-final and quarterfinal matches are better match-ups, but you gotta win them all, not most

Who's gonna "draw" FRA, ND, or CAK? Bwoooo haaaa haaa haaaa (evil laugh). Most likely, with the way the TSSAA is, they will "draw" each other!

In looking at the Eurosportscoreboard rankings ND,FRA,CAK and CPA show to be the 4 top rated teams (still alive). Assuming the commitee agrees with these rankings then these 4 teams should be playing someone other than the 4 teams listed. Again making assumptions (and we all know what happens when you do that) again that you use the Eurosport rankings the # 1 ranked team should play the lowest ranked team left, # 2 ranked team should play the the second ranked team left etc, etc. If this was done the pairings could/should look like this:

# 1 Notre Dame vs (unranked) Seymour

#5 USJ vs # 6 CPA

winners of the these 2 play in semi finals

#2 FRA vs #10 Jackson Christian

#3 CAK vs #9 Station Camp

winner of these 2 play in semi finals

note: CPA's win vs FRA and Station Camp's win vs CCS may change some rankings.

This would make the most sense and seem to be fairest but we know that is not always how things work. I hope the TSSAA will use common sense when pairing for the state tourney.

By "seeding" the top ranked teams this allows for the best teams to have an opportunity of meeting each other in the state finals, which should be the ultimate goal of the committee.