Stone vs. CCHS, King of The Mountain

PantherMa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blueten

Yes, we do play in 5A, but it is arguebly the worst region in 5A. You say that we are playing schools that have 2000 kids or more, but according to TSSAA.org none of our region opponents have more than 2000 students. As a matter of fact the enrollments are as follows: Cookeville-1907, Warren Co.-1768, Lincoln Co.-1525, Franklin Co.-1500, and Coffee Co.-1426. Also, this year, two of the teams in our region that are going to the playoffs have a losing record. (Franklin County at 3-7 and Warren County at 4-6) That shows how tough we have here at CCHS. Now, lets say your theory about being in 5A is valid. (Which it isn't, I would rather have CCHS's 5A schedule any day over Stone Memorial's 3A schedule.) What about the other non 5A teams on our schedule? Yes, we finally got by a dismal White County team one time in three years (White Co is 7-23 in the last three years). What about 3A Meigs County who are less than good, with a record of 3-7. (They probably should be 2A with the number of students that they have.) We also play 2A York Institute which is a good team, but should they come in and beat the heck out of CCHS! They are 2A!!!! Let's not forget 3A Stone Memorial who beat us 22-20 in a JV game and we played our varsity team and not to mention the 34-0 beat down they gave us last year! (They haven't won a game since.) Lets not leave out 4A Rhea County, who seems to always have our number and is actually a good team. In the past three years on average 4 of our 10 opponents have had a winning record, so it is not like we are playing powerhouse teams. In the last three years under Tony Schultz, we have been outscored 1012-155, an average score of 35-5 per game. Not to mention, we have been shut out 14 of the 29 games which is 48% of the time. So it is not like the games are even close! As far as talent, I only saw a few teams on the schedule that had more talent than CCHS. Also, there are more talented kids in that school that just don't to play for Tony Shultz, because they know he is a joke! Most of the players that play on the team think he is a joke. I have heard several of them voice their oppinions toward the situation. They are tired of being humiliated! The players on this team are real men and I commend you for sticking it out!

Bottom line, if you think that 1-28 is acceptable you need your head examined! Football on the mountain is absolutely embarrassing, and the proof is in the posts on this very thread! The kids and the community deserve a whole heck of alot better.

Good luck to both sets of players tonight!

GO JETS!!!

i believe if they woulda kept just 1 high school in cumberland county and tore cchs down (because it was so small) and have everybody go to stone. we would have been a heck of alot better. and for the boys that dont wanna play for Tony Shultz... tell em to come on over to Stone, we wouldnt mind to have a little more talent and upperclassmen to work with

I have tremendous respect for the kids at Stone who got stuck in a very tough region that involved way too much travel for them and the rest of the region. I can't imagine the mental state of kids that are 0 for 2 years. Like I said tremendous respect. I personally dont agree with not playing ironman in highschool; I think you win by identifing your best athletes and keeping them on the field as much as possible. Also I don't know if its buisness as usual but the offense and defense arived at different times when they came to play us. To me, and I might be wrong, how do you have a unified team if that is normal practice? Again I wish this program the best of luck, and perhaps they will benefit from the realignment coming. Their kids played with unbelievable class; despite their record they did not play dirty. Again best wishes and good luck with the future of your program.

I commend every single guy that has played 4 years of HS football..at Stone and at CCHS. We have stood behind them over and over and over again. Finally, the season is OVER! Praise our Lord!

The biggest problem with the CCHS football team is the offensive play calling...why throw the ball deep 3 or 4 times in a row with our receiver covered without mixing things up? Or... run it down the middle without even looking to see where or how we can penetrate? It may be easier to see what could work better from the stands, but isn't it someones job to analize each play in the split of a second and give the boys the best option to score. It seems like a lot of the plays were pulled out of a hat without watching the game! Not just against Stone..every game we have played. It isn't an easy job to call plays and exploit the weaknesses of the other team in a split second, but it is someones responsibility, right? We have been within 2 or 3 yards of the goal line several times with very few finishes, which, by the plays executed, were mistakes,bad readings,and/or bad strategy by offensive coaching.

I feel like if I were not able to read the game and give the boys the best opportunity to score, I couldn't continue coaching. My love of the game and my pride is too big to continue to fail. Succeed with or without me...for the boys sake.

As for our Defense, they have had a great season. Of course, when we cannot score, the momentum of the game shifts and it becomes more and more difficult to give 100%. D did their job. There are just some things these boys had absolutely no control over, and they were respectful and did just exactly what was asked by the adults in charge. They did not fail.

As for the lessons learned... The games are over for the seniors. Through the powerful process of being part of a team, they have learned many great traits to carry themselves throughout a lifetime. Great work ethics... Devotion to each other...They have made friends for LIFE! ...The ability to cope with pressure... Competitive fire to keep trying...Self-discipline... Most of all, these boys have learned not to ever quit. They never gave up! Life is not fair. When the going gets tough, these boys will not quit! Anyone who repeatedly gets beaten down and jumps back up to give 100% one more time...over and over...are the heros of tomorrow. They will not fail because they never stop trying.

If you think football is about wins and losses, you are absolutely clueless! Toilet Bowl/Queen of the Mountain..how elementary. Apparently someone out there may find pleasure in others defeats. How sick.

I am saying what 90% of every CCHS parent who knows anything about football has wanted to say for a long time. There is no disrespect intended. Disappointed parents, disappointed players, disappointed coaches. Good lessons learned all the same with a horrible price to pay. We will always be the biggest fans..for the boys who have paid the price. The class of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. deserve to have a positive experience in football at CCHS with knowledgable adults to get them there. If I were not 100% confident in what I taught, I wouldn't teach.

GO JETS!

The biggest problem with the CCHS football team is the offensive play calling...why throw the ball deep 3 or 4 times in a row with our receiver covered without mixing things up? Or... run it down the middle without even looking to see where or how we can penetrate?

AMEN!!!! Get ride of that offense run a double wing or something that offense stinks. The biggest problems it looked like CCHS has 30 or so boys out playing football coach needs to find some kids not playing out next year

Everyone keeps asking what is wrong in Cumberland County (and yes I know someone is going to say "well look at how bad Bledsoe is" I know we have many problems that need fixing too, but at least we had Stone on the schedule so we could get a win". Simply playing that game last night that you had to get permission to play since it is past week 10 and neither team being playoff or bowl eligible is a sign of your problems. Calling a game between 2 teams that have been humiliated on the field all year "The King of the Mountain" is a joke. You act like that game means something, it only tells the boys "its OK if you lose every game as long as you beat the other school in your county". How rediculous is that? Neither team has any discipline, they have not been working out, they are not is shape, and they are not well coached on the field. You have middle school teams that only play each other and then have "county champions" and make the kids think they have done something. You all need to take a long look at your programs, decide that what you have is unacceptable and stop making excuses for your kids and get people in there that know what it takes to win and can put some "heart and want to" back into those programs. And again, yes I do know that Bledsoe has some of the same problems and that is why there are many people in the valley trying to get something done about it.