Stone vs. CCHS, King of The Mountain

PantherMa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps asking what is wrong in Cumberland County (and yes I know someone is going to say "well look at how bad Bledsoe is" I know we have many problems that need fixing too, but at least we had Stone on the schedule so we could get a win". Simply playing that game last night that you had to get permission to play since it is past week 10 and neither team being playoff or bowl eligible is a sign of your problems. Calling a game between 2 teams that have been humiliated on the field all year "The King of the Mountain" is a joke. You act like that game means something, it only tells the boys "its OK if you lose every game as long as you beat the other school in your county". How rediculous is that? Neither team has any discipline, they have not been working out, they are not is shape, and they are not well coached on the field. You have middle school teams that only play each other and then have "county champions" and make the kids think they have done something. You all need to take a long look at your programs, decide that what you have is unacceptable and stop making excuses for your kids and get people in there that know what it takes to win and can put some "heart and want to" back into those programs. And again, yes I do know that Bledsoe has some of the same problems and that is why there are many people in the valley trying to get something done about it.

A agree 100%! But what do we do? It seems that the majority of people think that nothing is wrong or if they do agree something is wrong they will not try to do anything about it. They always seem to worry about the repercussions. But, the repercussions can be no greater than watching someone you love go through pure misery for 4 years!

If you think for a second that these boys did not work out all summer and lift weights, you are kidding yourself. As for making excuses for the players for not being able to finish....Intellegent reasoning is not an excuse. Trying to identify the problems and coming to solutions is not an excuse. Great players play for Cumberland County High School. They do what is asked. They work out just as hard as every other athlete. They are respectful to their elders. They cannot succees without the full package. Look at Fulmer..1 bad season and he is gone. He did a good job, but someone under him did not. The head coach has to be responsible. Do you think all those recruits at Tennessee are not good athletes? So. what is their excuse? Not in good shape or didn't lift enough weights.... Please.

I have tremendous respect for the kids at Stone who got stuck in a very tough region that involved way too much travel for them and the rest of the region. I can't imagine the mental state of kids that are 0 for 2 years. Like I said tremendous respect. I personally dont agree with not playing ironman in highschool; I think you win by identifing your best athletes and keeping them on the field as much as possible. Also I don't know if its buisness as usual but the offense and defense arived at different times when they came to play us. To me, and I might be wrong, how do you have a unified team if that is normal practice? Again I wish this program the best of luck, and perhaps they will benefit from the realignment coming. Their kids played with unbelievable class; despite their record they did not play dirty. Again best wishes and good luck with the future of your program.

its up to the coaches not the players, nobody as far as parents like the coaches. we even had a practice on 2 seperate fields this week, offense on 1 and defense on the other, who knows why. and its not our offense and defense comin out at seperate times, its our special teams first and then the rest of them.

cchssoccer

I agree these boys have busted their butts all year like every other program in the state, but they have not been developed into the players they could be and that is all about coaching. These boys played the game with only the talent that God provided. We have some good football players out there, but with a little coaching they could be great. This season could have been a turn around for CCHS, especially with the good players that are on the team. It is a sad situation and someone should be held responsible!

Everyone keeps asking what is wrong in Cumberland County (and yes I know someone is going to say "well look at how bad Bledsoe is" I know we have many problems that need fixing too, but at least we had Stone on the schedule so we could get a win". Simply playing that game last night that you had to get permission to play since it is past week 10 and neither team being playoff or bowl eligible is a sign of your problems. Calling a game between 2 teams that have been humiliated on the field all year "The King of the Mountain" is a joke. You act like that game means something, it only tells the boys "its OK if you lose every game as long as you beat the other school in your county". How rediculous is that? Neither team has any discipline, they have not been working out, they are not is shape, and they are not well coached on the field. You have middle school teams that only play each other and then have "county champions" and make the kids think they have done something. You all need to take a long look at your programs, decide that what you have is unacceptable and stop making excuses for your kids and get people in there that know what it takes to win and can put some "heart and want to" back into those programs. And again, yes I do know that Bledsoe has some of the same problems and that is why there are many people in the valley trying to get something done about it.

wow, it sounds like this ole boi has been payin alot of attention to us, now i can see somebody from knox. catholic or ensworth sayin we dont work hard enough or somethin like that, but BLEDSOE!? r u serious?bledsoe was no bigger or faster than stone, no room to talk for you warriorf4ever. and ya our game may be pointless to you, but at least we have a game that means somethin to us,.... while bledsoe has NOTHING

If you think for a second that these boys did not work out all summer and lift weights, you are kidding yourself. As for making excuses for the players for not being able to finish....Intellegent reasoning is not an excuse. Trying to identify the problems and coming to solutions is not an excuse. Great players play for Cumberland County High School. They do what is asked. They work out just as hard as every other athlete. They are respectful to their elders. They cannot succees without the full package. Look at Fulmer..1 bad season and he is gone. He did a good job, but someone under him did not. The head coach has to be responsible. Do you think all those recruits at Tennessee are not good athletes? So. what is their excuse? Not in good shape or didn't lift enough weights.... Please.

tooshay, that is true. just because cchs and stone dont have amazing records they dont believe we do anything at practice or in the off season, thats stupid. we probaly even work harder than most teams....(cough cough Bledsoe)

tooshay, that is true. just because cchs and stone dont have amazing records they dont believe we do anything at practice or in the off season, thats stupid. we probaly even work harder than most teams....(cough cough Bledsoe)

You obviously did not read my post. I sure hope you all worked out harder than Bledsoe! I am the first to say that our boys had not spent even close to enough time working out and getting strong and in shape. Again, I sure hope your kids worked harder in the weight room and in the off season than Bledsoe. But, I would not get so smart as you all even lost to Bledsoe. I stated we have problems and want to do something about it. If you think for one minute that Stone or CCHS was in shape or was strong enough to be competitive in High School football at any level, then you are as much a part of the problem as anyone because you are obviously telling the kids that they are working hard enough in the off season. NEWS FLASH: THEY ARE NOT. I saw both teams from Crossville this year in Pikeville and trust me those boys were not in shape, they are not strong, they have no discipline, and they are not well coached. I am sorry that you take offense to that, but it is true. If you want to see kids that are in shape and live in the weight room all winter, spring, and summer... they are the ones that will still be getting to play for the next few weeks. That is just the truth and again...I am not saying that Bledsoe does not have many of the same problems. We do and that is why the only game we won was over a team that just happened to be worse than we were.

What should happen in cumberland county is simple but no one there wants to do it.If panther ma and jet what ever if u want 50% better teams in two years now thats a far cry from what u been,then do this get in your DOS ear about changing from the way it is right now in cumberland county to the way they are doing elementary baseball in that same county.In two years maybe 3 the football programs at those two schools will be better by 50%.Now this will make all those really not football people mad cause most moms and dads just want their kid to be on the team,they dont care if he plays or come to practice just be on the team.Now at cchs and smhs u have about 40% of all players that just want to be on the team and have 0 football skills and dont want any.So lets help the programs lets get two programs at the elementary level coached by 4 good coaches[thats 4 per school] on the same page as the high schools they feed.It saves the county a ton of money and dont they need to save money?So really its a win win for all.Now what this does it gets those kids that want to play football with those from others schools and they get to play together for 3 years before they become freshmen.wow thats good stuff.For example the best players at P.Hill,Martin,South and Brown getting to play together for 3 years before they become freshmen and get to play other teams from other county's before they get to high school.This is the best fix i know,I dont thank any other fix will do better than this one.Now go sell it to a basketball minded county DOS and BOE.Good Luck