McCallie-Ensworth II

It will be very interesting to see how well a team stops the EHS run that has played it before. Although everyone new that Orleans, the O-line, and Tuh-var-reeus can play, I think they still caught them off guard. Im going to give the edge to McCallie because i think the run game will be stopped to an extent. EHS defense it decent but they didn't seem to stop McCallie's offense last time, and I doubt they will since it is more complicated than Ensworth's. Just like BA vs MBA in state last year, I think it will come down to who can play better D. BA buckled down in the redzone and stopped a 40 point blowout last year. Can McCallie do the same?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensworth posters eerily quiet. Are you working on a secret weapon?

They were!! It fell through though. Their heavy hitters didn't get the job done like they had wanted. Even Tim McGraw and Faith Hill couldn't get Antonio Richardson released. Recruiting is wrong. Ensworth wants to win a state championship but so does Mt. Pleasant. With Antonio MP would have been a lot closer, same as Ensworth. You should have left him where he was! Butt heads.

They were!! It fell through though. Their heavy hitters didn't get the job done like they had wanted. Even Tim McGraw and Faith Hill couldn't get Antonio Richardson released. Recruiting is wrong. Ensworth wants to win a state championship but so does Mt. Pleasant. With Antonio MP would have been a lot closer, same as Ensworth. You should have left him where he was! Butt heads.

He's getting a better education. That's why you go to high school. Football is at best secondary. Think of the kid's future for a change. You're being selfish and displaying a level of maturity that would mortify the the parents of a 6 year old. He is better off at Ensworth. Period.

He's getting a better education. That's why you go to high school. Football is at best secondary. Think of the kid's future for a change. You're being selfish and displaying a level of maturity that would mortify the the parents of a 6 year old. He is better off at Ensworth. Period.

Yeah I'm sure that is why they sent Tim and Faith to MP. So the principal would release him to be on the scolastic bowl team. Ugh no!!! They asked for him to be released toooooooooo you guessed it PLAY FOOTBALL!!! Wow! Imagine that. I think they are scared of McCallie this time around and need some insurance.

Hey the kid is getting the same education whether he is playing football or not right? So why send the big guns down to MP? You're the ones that were selfish. You want something out of the deal. A football player. If he refused to play football next year you guys will quickly forget about his all important education and give him the boot. We got plenty of students that need a good education living around here. You are not offering because they aren't 6'5" 320#. My son is 5'11" 190 can he come up and get a free education?

The visit by Faith Hill & Tim McGraw was not for academics...... It was purely for football. My Grand-Dad told me a saying once, "You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time". You folks can get on here say it is all about academics but it is not, we all know why A. is at Ensworth, they recruited him to play football. Just admit it.

THE REASON ENSWORTH ENROLLED HIM WAS BECAUSE HE IS AN AWESOME FOOTBALL PLAYER.

WE ALL KNOW THAT.

THAT IS HOW SCHOLARSHIPS WORK.

ENSWORTH IS ALLOWED TO OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS.

What it seems you are not understanding is that ensworth is not "using" this kid. Ensworth has given him tutoring all summer like they do with all the kids at the school that need it. Poor kid is benefiting. How could he get trapped in such a horrible place? Oh the terrible vicissitudes of life which torments his soul!!!! WHYYY WHYYYYYY.????

FURTHERMORE....

I can empathize with you... He is from your town, you are mad because you see that he is being stolen and used for the benefit of others. You have made it very clear that you miss and care for him.

Lets follow that logic.. see where we go.

At this point he is at ensworth (i dont think he was taken by selfish people but you do) and there is nothing to change that. Why will his principal not sign the papers... could it be to spite the people that took him. I think that has something to do with it but if you love him so much then that love would overcome the spite and the principal (being an educated guy) would understand that the best thing for the kid would be to sign the papers and let him play.... So why has that not been done. Your not punishing the school as much as you are punishing him.

Every EHS game i have been to he is walking on the sideline in his jersey doing as much as he can to help the team. He takes players he could dominate on the field water cause he cares for the team. He writes down plays as they are called and as he watches them executed by his team mates he seems like he may break the clip board cause he wants to play. HE WANTS TO PLAY. why not let him cause you love him.

Someone help the rest of us with this.

There is (was?) a large young man who can play football who was attending Mount Pleasant. He is now at Ensworth because of its fine academics and he can play football (see above). Tim McGraw and Faith Hill paid a visit to the principal and now the young man is elligible to play for Ensworth next year. Two questions please, how big is he and how fast does he run the 40? The answers to the last two questions will determine how indignant I should be for next year's game.

FURTHERMORE....

I can empathize with you... He is from your town, you are mad because you see that he is being stolen and used for the benefit of others. You have made it very clear that you miss and care for him.

Lets follow that logic.. see where we go.

At this point he is at ensworth (i dont think he was taken by selfish people but you do) and there is nothing to change that. Why will his principal not sign the papers... could it be to spite the people that took him. I think that has something to do with it but if you love him so much then that love would overcome the spite and the principal (being an educated guy) would understand that the best thing for the kid would be to sign the papers and let him play.... So why has that not been done. Your not punishing the school as much as you are punishing him.

Every EHS game i have been to he is walking on the sideline in his jersey doing as much as he can to help the team. He takes players he could dominate on the field water cause he cares for the team. He writes down plays as they are called and as he watches them executed by his team mates he seems like he may break the clip board cause he wants to play. HE WANTS TO PLAY. why not let him cause you love him.

Well...one reason is that there are rules for this sort of thing. If the rules are ignored in this case, what will prevent this sort of thing from happening again and again and again? Everyone knows (or should know) that restrictions come with transfers of this type. I am sure that the Ensworth people explained those restrictions prior to the transfer since they had the kid's best interests at heart. Obviously, they concluded that it would be better for him to sit out a year of football but be in a different environment at Ensworth. Now everyone will just have to live within the rules and move forward.

Someone help the rest of us with this.

There is (was?) a large young man who can play football who was attending Mount Pleasant. He is now at Ensworth because of its fine academics and he can play football (see above). Tim McGraw and Faith Hill paid a visit to the principal and now the young man is elligible to play for Ensworth next year. Two questions please, how big is he and how fast does he run the 40? The answers to the last two questions will determine how indignant I should be for next year's game.

First of all, I don't know anything about this alleged visit, but I find it hard to believe for many reasons. Second, I haven't heard if the player is now eligible, in fact I'm pretty sure he is not. No matter what he will be eligible for next year, but he has sat out this entire year, I believe because the Mt. Pleasant principal refuses to allow it.

Now I have a comment for all of the people who ay that EHS took advantage of this kid because all they care about is football. I think the principal of Mt. Pleasant is making an unfortunate decision here. He certainly isn't helping his own team, because the player is already gone and isn't coming back. And I understand that he in no way, shape, or form owes ANYTHING to EHS, so I won't even argue that he is being unfair to Ensworth. What I find unfortunate, and extremely selfish is the fact that this administrator is clearly holding a grudge against this player and his family. He is clearly so bitter about having lost a good football player (Don't get me wrong, he is a great kid, but clearly that isn't influencing the principal's decision) that he is willing to take out his frustrations on a kid who is now in a great position to succeed. So who cares more about football: The school that is giving a fine young man a great educational and athletic opportunity, or the selfish administrator who is trying to take the football aspect away?

Yeah I'm sure that is why they sent Tim and Faith to MP. So the principal would release him to be on the scolastic bowl team. Ugh no!!! They asked for him to be released toooooooooo you guessed it PLAY FOOTBALL!!! Wow! Imagine that. I think they are scared of McCallie this time around and need some insurance.

Hey the kid is getting the same education whether he is playing football or not right? So why send the big guns down to MP? You're the ones that were selfish. You want something out of the deal. A football player. If he refused to play football next year you guys will quickly forget about his all important education and give him the boot. We got plenty of students that need a good education living around here. You are not offering because they aren't 6'5" 320#. My son is 5'11" 190 can he come up and get a free education?

I'm an MBA alumnus, I'm better off with him playing in Mt. Pleasant. If you can prove Ensworth is recruiting, by all means do so. But if the folks at ensworth are concerned about nothing more than his football prowess, they're still giving him a better education with better exposure in the process. Again, if people like you are his friends, let's hope this poor kid is never cursed with enemies.

As far as the game is concerned i really think ensworth will win this game if the players are healthy which i think they are. Last year deep in the season we were spread so thin by the time playoffs came around we made BA look like the Patriots. McCallie is a very good team with lots of athletic players (their QB and some Vandy signee). But Ensworth will make those defensive changes and hopefully will slow down McCallie