Huntingdon @ USJ

Mustangplayer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Huntingdon Mustang football program should be proud to have Eric Swenson. It was proven before Swenson came back to take Head Coach that he was special. That was proven by one of the ALL TIME biggest thrashing of David Lipscomp. I believe Huntingdon knocked off 3 undefeated teams to win the State Championship that year. Lewis County was 12-0, Milan was 13-0, and Lipscomb was 14-0 ( 29-0 before that point because they went 15-0 the year before that). Then a Swenson led team blew them out 48-14.

Its important that the current Mustang players understand who exactly their head coach is. If they do understand that Eric Swenson will take them back to the top the everything will take care of itself.

If I know Eric, he will have a master plan for the team they play this week eventhough they went 5-5. I will be waiting patiently in East Tennessee to see how this weeks game comes out.

Sincerely

A Believer in Eric Swenson

Harriman..

Obiviously you are a close friend of coach Swenson. You are right about the 2003 season too. We are young this year and really don't have much experience especially on the line. I think with the Mustangs playing small ball for the next few years we will be considered a contender to go to the Buro each year. Currently it's hard for us to play against teams with an enrollment or 350 more kids than we have. We'll lose 8 seniors this year and should have about 20 Freshmen coming out for the team next year. Should have about 75 players. Not shabby for a school with an enrollment of 372.

We were 5-5 this year but could have easily been 8-2. Anyway the future looks bright and we're glad to have Eric and his family back in Huntingdon where they belong.

You can listen to the Mustangs vs. JCS on "The Farm" 100.9 on the internet. The game will be at 7 our time. Go to your search engine about 15 minutes before game time and you can listen to all the Mustang games. Pre-game show is excellent.

Careful what you wish for...

Come on. You wouldn't like to see another H'town/Milan game. They are usually the best games in that particular round. I was not trying to imply that I wanted to see H'town because of the outcome in week 1. I would hope it would be alot better game than that one was. I think it will be a much better game, but that's what it is all about isn't it?

Congratulations Bruins on a 9-2 season and finishing 2nd in the region! Thanks for brining the pride and excitement back to Kirkland Field, which was not diminished Friday night at all. Can't wait until next year !

Congratulations to a great Huntingdon team, one of the best we have seen all year. The remarks I kept hearing in the stands (besides where is the danged football /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) is who in the heck beat this team 5 times ????

Harriman..

Obiviously you are a close friend of coach Swenson. You are right about the 2003 season too. We are young this year and really don't have much experience especially on the line. I think with the Mustangs playing small ball for the next few years we will be considered a contender to go to the Buro each year. Currently it's hard for us to play against teams with an enrollment or 350 more kids than we have. We'll lose 8 seniors this year and should have about 20 Freshmen coming out for the team next year. Should have about 75 players. Not shabby for a school with an enrollment of 372.

We were 5-5 this year but could have easily been 8-2. Anyway the future looks bright and we're glad to have Eric and his family back in Huntingdon where they belong.

You can listen to the Mustangs vs. JCS on "The Farm" 100.9 on the internet. The game will be at 7 our time. Go to your search engine about 15 minutes before game time and you can listen to all the Mustang games. Pre-game show is excellent.

Swenson has always had a simple approach with great execution of his offense. Maybe that inexperienced Line got better this last Friday night because 600+ yards rushing against a 9-1 team says a lot. Maybe the Mustangs can stay focused and win another one! Thanks for the radio information! I listen to them every week up here in East Tennessee!

Swenson has always had a simple approach with great execution of his offense. Maybe that inexperienced Line got better this last Friday night because 600+ yards rushing against a 9-1 team says a lot. Maybe the Mustangs can stay focused and win another one! Thanks for the radio information! I listen to them every week up here in East Tennessee!

So I mean NO disrespect by this at all, I'm just curious because I wasn't at the game....

But did the line really get THAT good? Or was it because USJ had 4 turnovers that helped the 'Stangs get the edge they needed?

Granted, I (a Milan fan), know all too well that Huntingdon is one of the best "do-or-die" teams in the West. But after I heard about the 4 turnovers from USJ (and we know how key those can be aganist a team like USJ who has a harder time stopping the run), I wondered if Huntingdon has gotten that much better this year, or just made those key plays. Just curious because I've not seen them since Week 1, but I've heard from some of their fans that they just didn't have that Mustang glow this year. Anywho...good luck this week 'Stangs.

So I mean NO disrespect by this at all, I'm just curious because I wasn't at the game....

But did the line really get THAT good? Or was it because USJ had 4 turnovers that helped the 'Stangs get the edge they needed?

Granted, I (a Milan fan), know all too well that Huntingdon is one of the best "do-or-die" teams in the West. But after I heard about the 4 turnovers from USJ (and we know how key those can be aganist a team like USJ who has a harder time stopping the run), I wondered if Huntingdon has gotten that much better this year, or just made those key plays. Just curious because I've not seen them since Week 1, but I've heard from some of their fans that they just didn't have that Mustang glow this year. Anywho...good luck this week 'Stangs.

Let me put it this way. Huntingdon had three turnovers themselves so to answer your question, no. IMO Huntingdon has gotten much better especially the last four weeks. Granted this is not the most talented team i've seen by a long long shot but as sometimes happens with a young team, they are gaining confidence weekly. I've heard through the grapevine that milan appears to be looking rather slovenly.....any truth to those rumors?

Let me put it this way. Huntingdon had three turnovers themselves so to answer your question, no. IMO Huntingdon has gotten much better especially the last four weeks. Granted this is not the most talented team i've seen by a long long shot but as sometimes happens with a young team, they are gaining confidence weekly. I've heard through the grapevine that milan appears to be looking rather slovenly.....any truth to those rumors?

slov?·en?·ly

Pronunciation: ?€sl?™-v?™n-l?“ also ?€sl?¤-

Function: adjective

Date: circa 1568

1 a: untidy especially in personal appearance b: lazily slipshod

2: characteristic of a sloven

??” slo?·ven?·li?·ness noun

??” slovenly adverb

Had to check just to see what the word meant. I think you might have been smokin some of that grapevine you speak of...

Milan hasn't been challenged in a month. (Since Oct. 10th against JCS) So this slovenly look that apparently dates back to 1568 that may be spoken of through said grapevine...would probably have to be our sophomores that have mainly been the ones on the field. Our starters are usually making their way to the bench come the 2nd quarter. Most of Milan's points this past month have been scored in the 1st quarter.