CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same could be said about CPA??™s lack of ability to run the ball. So according to your logic if HC stops CPA passing game and forces them to run they will then have the advantage? CPA has only rushed for over 150 yds. 2 times all year (Stratford -195 and FRA- 155). In ?? of their games their rushing totals were 15, 46, 79, 80 and 89 yards. Now as an old coach you surly can??™t believe that is a positive thing. Even Steve Spurrier believes that you must run the ball out of the spread in order to be effective.

In the "flavor of the week" spread offense teams that do not run the ball well like CPA, instead use short high percentage throws (WR screens, slants quick outs) to their receivers to make up for the run game. However if you notice the past 3 games CPA has had a running game behind Mr. Mason. Hickman has not played the type of schedule CPA has played this year, so all signs are pointing toward a CPA win. Also Hickman has not seen a passing attack as good as CPA's all year and please don't say Marshall Co. (could be one of the most overrated teams in the state).

Seems to me maybe you should stick with cheering on your Lewis Co. team, but maybe you are jealous that CPA has a history of making it past the 3rd round of the playoffs cause they play a tough schedule. That is why CPA and Goodpasture beat all these rural schools.

C'mon Hickman Co! Show those little sissy fairy-boy private school kids how we play football down here in southern rural TN!!! Hit them in the face over and over again until those mama's boys go cryin' all the way home with their tails between their legs. They ain't never seen a team like Hickman Co.!!! Those little spoiled kids don't know what REAL football is!! CPA doesn't know whats commin' to em!!!!!

Prediction:

CPA- 42

Hickman Co.- 7

C'mon Hickman Co! Show those little sissy fairy-boy private school kids how we play football down here in southern rural TN!!! Hit them in the face over and over again until those mama's boys go cryin' all the way home with their tails between their legs. They ain't never seen a team like Hickman Co.!!! Those little spoiled kids don't know what REAL football is!! CPA doesn't know whats commin' to em!!!!!

Prediction:

CPA- 42

Hickman Co.- 7

From your prediction it sounds like you think CPA is going to be doing the hitting. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In the "flavor of the week" spread offense teams that do not run the ball well like CPA, instead use short high percentage throws (WR screens, slants quick outs) to their receivers to make up for the run game. However if you notice the past 3 games CPA has had a running game behind Mr. Mason. Hickman has not played the type of schedule CPA has played this year, so all signs are pointing toward a CPA win. Also Hickman has not seen a passing attack as good as CPA's all year and please don't say Marshall Co. (could be one of the most overrated teams in the state).

Seems to me maybe you should stick with cheering on your Lewis Co. team, but maybe you are jealous that CPA has a history of making it past the 3rd round of the playoffs cause they play a tough schedule. That is why CPA and Goodpasture beat all these rural schools.

I think much of what you say is kind of like me. You like to throw things out there just to get a discussion going. I will give you the fact that CPA played 4 teams that were above average and lost to 3 of them. Before you start tooting your ???tough schedule??? horn too loud here coach you should really look at the schedule. I mean Riverside Christian, FRA, Ezell, East Robertson, Stratford (2-8) and even 3-7 DCA. Now I do realize that Ensworth and Father Ryan are as good as anyone, but how big of a deal is it to get your brains beat out by a real good team? And if you think that the GP team that you squeaked by the other night was one of the better GP teams then I think you??™re either messing with everyone just for laughs or you have slipped away from your role as a coach after all those years.

I think much of what you say is kind of like me. You like to throw things out there just to get a discussion going. I will give you the fact that CPA played 4 teams that were above average and lost to 3 of them. Before you start tooting your ???tough schedule??? horn too loud here coach you should really look at the schedule. I mean Riverside Christian, FRA, Ezell, East Robertson, Stratford (2-8) and even 3-7 DCA. Now I do realize that Ensworth and Father Ryan are as good as anyone, but how big of a deal is it to get your brains beat out by a real good team? And if you think that the GP team that you squeaked by the other night was one of the better GP teams then I think you??™re either messing with everyone just for laughs or you have slipped away from your role as a coach after all those years.

CPA IS A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. THE GAME LAST WEEK WAS ALOT CLOSER THAN THE SCORE INDICATED. TWO TOUCHDOWNS WERE CALLED BACK, INCLUDING A DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN. GOODPASTURE IS VERY YOUNG AND THEY ARE LEARNING ON THE GO. WE DO HAVE ALOT OF TALENT THOUGH. I THINK CPA IS A VERY GOOD TEAM, WITH SENIOR LEADERSHIP. THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO GO VERY FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. YOU CAN NOT CONTROL SCHEDULING WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR REGION GAMES. BUT CPA PLAYED TOP LEVEL TEAMS IN ITS NON-REGION GAMES, AND YOU DONT SEE MANY TEAMS DOING THAT. WE WILL BE PULLING FOR CPA, AND HOPE THAT BOTH TEAMS COME AWAY HEALTHY FROM THE GAME. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

CPA IS A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. THE GAME LAST WEEK WAS ALOT CLOSER THAN THE SCORE INDICATED. TWO TOUCHDOWNS WERE CALLED BACK, INCLUDING A DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN. GOODPASTURE IS VERY YOUNG AND THEY ARE LEARNING ON THE GO. WE DO HAVE ALOT OF TALENT THOUGH. I THINK CPA IS A VERY GOOD TEAM, WITH SENIOR LEADERSHIP. THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO GO VERY FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. YOU CAN NOT CONTROL SCHEDULING WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR REGION GAMES. BUT CPA PLAYED TOP LEVEL TEAMS IN ITS NON-REGION GAMES, AND YOU DONT SEE MANY TEAMS DOING THAT. WE WILL BE PULLING FOR CPA, AND HOPE THAT BOTH TEAMS COME AWAY HEALTHY FROM THE GAME. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

I agree that CPA is a very good team. I actually have not picked a winner in this game. I hope HC wins beacause they are in our region. Good Luck GP! Maybe we'll see each other in the 2nd round.

ddaddy, do some research.

I see CPA and Goodpasture over the last 5 years have scheduled teams like Riverdale, Ravenwood, McGavock, Ensworth, Boyd Buchanan, BGA, MBA, Lipscomb, PJPII, and Stratford (if you would do some research you would know Startford is one of the most talented teams in the midstate just have really low numbers for a 4A school).

So these teams, just like the successful ones in Missouri, understand that your regular season serves one purpose and that is to prepare you for the post season. So that is why you see theses two teams have so much success. So ddaddy, how about Lewis Co. stop accumulating 10-0 seasons, go out and play someone so you can make a run deep in the playoffs.

Alos it shows your knowledge of the playoffs as Lewis and Hickman can not meet until the Quarters, when Lewis Co. wins tonight. 3 time state runner up Goodpasture will make the trip in round 2.

ddaddy, do some research.

I see CPA and Goodpasture over the last 5 years have scheduled teams like Riverdale, Ravenwood, McGavock, Ensworth, Boyd Buchanan, BGA, MBA, Lipscomb, PJPII, and Stratford (if you would do some research you would know Startford is one of the most talented teams in the midstate just have really low numbers for a 4A school).

So these teams, just like the successful ones in Missouri, understand that your regular season serves one purpose and that is to prepare you for the post season. So that is why you see theses two teams have so much success. So ddaddy, how about Lewis Co. stop accumulating 10-0 seasons, go out and play someone so you can make a run deep in the playoffs.

Alos it shows your knowledge of the playoffs as Lewis and Hickman can not meet until the Quarters, when Lewis Co. wins tonight. 3 time state runner up Goodpasture will make the trip in round 2.

Hey Guru, have you seen LC play this year?