CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

Thought this was a tough draw for Hickman in the first round. Good season still.

Haven't seen the line score on this one......how was it in the first half? Any stats etc.?

Once again.....good season Hickman Bulldogs. 6 still has a couple in yet. Fairview upset Camden, and of course Lewis put away Waverly.

Good luck 6!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's ddaddy and all the other "experts" that claimed CPA's offense was easy to defend, and HC's team speed was superior to CPA's, and HC's team at full strength was up to the task ?

And talk about coaching decisions:

-- Kick off to CPA when you win the toss - are you kidding? Down 7-0 in 30 seconds.

-- Cover CPA's leading receiver with tight man coverage and no safety help? That's just too easy pickin's.

#2 for HC is a very good, elusive runner, but other than 2 long runs that led to touchdowns, this was no contest. HC's last score was against 1/2 of CPA's defensive starters. CPA NEVER PUNTED!

Really bland, ineffective, and non-creative coaching is all I saw. CPA was the far superior team and would win 10 out of 10 times. CPA will roll to the state championship game, mark my words.

Can't agree with you Matt610. I've seen CPA twice on film and twice live this season. They are a talented team and have definitely improved. The defense adjusted well in the 2nd half tonite. That's the good news.

The bad news is that they have almost no running game, an inconsistent offense, and don't play hard nosed football. Their offense can best be described as college level complexity with junior high level execution.

Like it or not, the CPA program is but a shadow of its former greatness. IMO, they are not yet ready for the big dance.

Can't agree with you Matt610. I've seen CPA twice on film and twice live this season. They are a talented team and have definitely improved. The defense adjusted well in the 2nd half tonite. That's the good news.

The bad news is that they have almost no running game, an inconsistent offense, and don't play hard nosed football. Their offense can best be described as college level complexity with junior high level execution.

Like it or not, the CPA program is but a shadow of its former greatness. IMO, they are not yet ready for the big dance.

WOW.....seems alittle harsh. They beat a pretty deceit team tonight regardless of all the statements.

Good luck the rest of the way.

But.....Don't forget whoever gets it done........Alcoa is waiting!

Thought this was a tough draw for Hickman in the first round. Good season still.

Haven't seen the line score on this one......how was it in the first half? Any stats etc.?

Once again.....good season Hickman Bulldogs. 6 still has a couple in yet. Fairview upset Camden, and of course Lewis put away Waverly.

Good luck 6!

SP, here's the link. Course the Tennessean got the scoring summary all screwed up........

CPA vs Hickman Co stats

So, you decided to join CoachT today and make your first post about an inferior CPA team that just destroyed the #2 seed from another region? By the way, Jr. High level execution and an inconsistent offense NEVER PUNTED!

Maybe the reason they don't appear to play hard-nosed is that they are fielding a 2A team with 1/2 the number of students of most 2A schools, have only about 30 Soph.-Sr. players, are undersized compared to most of their opponents, and lost their 2 running backs at the first of the year with season ending injuries. They are not a power running team, but for the players, numbers, and size they have, you are wrong in that they don't execute well.

Ask HC if they execute well.

Ask Goodpasture if they are hard-nosed. How many teams held Goodpasture to 10 points or less this year? 1 - Lipscomb. CPA outrushed GP last week and held them to 3.5 yards/carry. You may not think they are hard-nosed, but they don't care what you think. They get the job done.

So, you decided to join CoachT today and make your first post about an inferior CPA team that just destroyed the #2 seed from another region? By the way, Jr. High level execution and an inconsistent offense NEVER PUNTED!

Maybe the reason they don't appear to play hard-nosed is that they are fielding a 2A team with 1/2 the number of students of most 2A schools, have only about 30 Soph.-Sr. players, are undersized compared to most of their opponents, and lost their 2 running backs at the first of the year with season ending injuries. They are not a power running team, but for the players, numbers, and size they have, you are wrong in that they don't execute well.

Ask HC if they execute well.

Ask Goodpasture if they are hard-nosed. How many teams held Goodpasture to 10 points or less this year? 1 - Lipscomb. CPA outrushed GP last week and held them to 3.5 yards/carry. You may not think they are hard-nosed, but they don't care what you think. They get the job done.

Sorry if I upset you CPA4Ever. I've watched the CPA program for over a decade now. IMO, the team has not played up to its talent level for the last several years.

I offer the following observations derived from watching films as examples;

The limited success of the running game has been due in part to ineffective blocking by the backs. In the past two seasons, lead blocking backs literally used screening or stalk blocking techniques to isolate on linebackers.

For several seasons, an inordinate amount of tackles were missed because of a team habit of ducking their heads. (It was a problem again tonite).

The running backs have been slow to hit the hole, often fail to follow their blocks, often make less yardage than the line surge and fumble excessively.

I'm not saying CPA is not a good team. I'm not saying that they cannot improve to compete in the next four rounds.

I am saying that it appears the program is more focused on finesse than football fundamentals. I am saying that the program no longer dominates is opponents as in the late 90's and early 2000's. I am saying the Matt610 is being optimistic when he states that CPA will roll to the state championship. IMO, they're not there yet. But it is only my opinion.

Great game tonight for CPA I think the thing I did not realize going into the week was just how many athletes CPA has.

Z Mason did not impress me though Bulldogs brought him down pretty easy except for his 2 touchdowns which came on extremley short yardage plays hes just so big......He played very good on defense though. #10 is a beast on defense as well. i hope you guys beat fairview next week i would love to see #85 meet big willy and stovepipe I would be at that game for sure. Good luck CPA very good game 4 yall.