Franklin Road Academy vs. Seymour

wbcsoccerstud11

I think Alabama might have overlooked her "spoiled rotten attitude." If you knew the girl, you'd never say that about her.

Agree, and thanks teece31 for posting this in response to PulaskiVol. I think it's okay to talk about the way the girls played, but not about them as people. PulaskiVol, you're judging them based simply on your external viewpoint at a single game. Both players you're referring to are passionate, and love the game, sticking up for bad calls as the team captains, and driving toward the goal with everything they have because that's what they are charged with doing. As young ladies, they are good people with a lot of character, both on and off the field.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Alabama might have overlooked her "spoiled rotten attitude." If you knew the girl, you'd never say that about her.

I would second that. My daughter has played select soccer with and against the girls you describe and I was ROFL at the description. Also I think the term "ball hawk" is actually "ball hog".

Is sounds like FRA spanked your team and I wish them well in the state tournament. They should bring home the state title again.

I will agree, that was out of line. Sorry I didn't catch that.

Athlete mom, well said.

PulaskiVol, you need to be careful about personal "attacks". While your intent might not have been purposeful, it was not taken well and was inappropriate.

Blasting the "so called experts" on another thread is one thing. We are old men with nothing else better to do. Blasting a young lady on the threads is inappropriate and will not be allowed. I would have deleted the post, but I actually think it is good that everyone has jumped to the young ladies defense. It says a lot about their character.

AND if one draws offense to me being conservative about what people post, read the rules.

# Be Private: If you have any concerns or criticism on how we operate these message boards, do NOT post your query on the site. Send us an email and we'll explain any issue you have. If you decide to publicly show your ignorance on the board, you only make a fool of yourself, before we can explain and correct any misperception you may have of our operation and rules.

# Be Gone: If you are under the impression that these are free-for-all forums, or that we somehow are a public discussion center that allows all FREE SPEECH, you can go elsewhere. This is a privately operated website and has established rules of etiquette. You are a guest here and have been extended privileges provided you follow our rules. These message boards are not your right. You are not given a right to post anything you want here. If you cannot deal with these rules, feel free to find an uncivilized forum out there.

# Be Welcomed: If you are looking for a message board that encourages civilized discussion and a relaxed environment, this is your place to be.I will defend these young ladies to the end, especially when they aren't on the boards to defend themselves.

# Be Aware: While all opinions are welcome, we do not tolerate mean-spirited, antagonistic, flame baiting posts. We only accept civilized, polite, friendly discourse. If you cannot live by this rule, do not post.

# Be Informed: Reading the rules and any messages or announcements posted by moderators is your responsibility. Don't be surprised by the actions taken by the moderators because you violated the rules. Our members insist we enforce these rules, as they are here to enjoy a friendly, civilized discussion board, that stays on topic and discusses the topics of Tennessee high school athletics.

(The above is not just directed at one individual, but to all. We must remember that these are young ladies we are talking about here!)

I will agree, that was out of line. Sorry I didn't catch that.

Athlete mom, well said.

PulaskiVol, you need to be careful about personal "attacks". While your intent might not have been purposeful, it was not taken well and was inappropriate.

Blasting the "so called experts" on another thread is one thing. We are old men with nothing else better to do. Blasting a young lady on the threads is inappropriate and will not be allowed. I would have deleted the post, but I actually think it is good that everyone has jumped to the young ladies defense. It says a lot about their character.

AND if one draws offense to me being conservative about what people post, read the rules.

# Be Private: If you have any concerns or criticism on how we operate these message boards, do NOT post your query on the site. Send us an email and we'll explain any issue you have. If you decide to publicly show your ignorance on the board, you only make a fool of yourself, before we can explain and correct any misperception you may have of our operation and rules.

# Be Gone: If you are under the impression that these are free-for-all forums, or that we somehow are a public discussion center that allows all FREE SPEECH, you can go elsewhere. This is a privately operated website and has established rules of etiquette. You are a guest here and have been extended privileges provided you follow our rules. These message boards are not your right. You are not given a right to post anything you want here. If you cannot deal with these rules, feel free to find an uncivilized forum out there.

# Be Welcomed: If you are looking for a message board that encourages civilized discussion and a relaxed environment, this is your place to be.I will defend these young ladies to the end, especially when they aren't on the boards to defend themselves.

# Be Aware: While all opinions are welcome, we do not tolerate mean-spirited, antagonistic, flame baiting posts. We only accept civilized, polite, friendly discourse. If you cannot live by this rule, do not post.

# Be Informed: Reading the rules and any messages or announcements posted by moderators is your responsibility. Don't be surprised by the actions taken by the moderators because you violated the rules. Our members insist we enforce these rules, as they are here to enjoy a friendly, civilized discussion board, that stays on topic and discusses the topics of Tennessee high school athletics.

(The above is not just directed at one individual, but to all. We must remember that these are young ladies we are talking about here!)

Let me apologize for the spoiled rotten attitude comment and the whining comment. Many of you are right I do not know these ladies or their families, they are in fact children and their attitudes should not be mentioned.

I have seen girls soccer played at the highest club levels and it is my opionion that many of these clubs have curbed their coaching to a win at all cost and don't worry about how you do it. Bad attitudes abound in club soccer, and for the most part the only people who seem to complain are the have nots complaining about the haves. Say what you want, but any player that says something ugly to another team, simply because they are a poor little country public school or because they are not part of an elite soccer club has no place in the sport.

#11 for FRA was the best player on the field, she played with passion, an intense motor and superior skill. Her parents I am sure are very proud of her for good reason and I apologize to her and her family for the spoiled rotten whining comment.

Let me apologize for the spoiled rotten attitude comment and the whining comment. Many of you are right I do not know these ladies or their families, they are in fact children and their attitudes should not be mentioned.

I have seen girls soccer played at the highest club levels and it is my opionion that many of these clubs have curbed their coaching to a win at all cost and don't worry about how you do it. Bad attitudes abound in club soccer, and for the most part the only people who seem to complain are the have nots complaining about the haves. Say what you want, but any player that says something ugly to another team, simply because they are a poor little country public school or because they are not part of an elite soccer club has no place in the sport.

#11 for FRA was the best player on the field, she played with passion, an intense motor and superior skill. Her parents I am sure are very proud of her for good reason and I apologize to her and her family for the spoiled rotten whining comment.

Thank you...

I've known 11 and 2 both for a long time.....they give as much as they get and they both are talented 11 is the ever ready bunny and is the kind of girl that will ask to run more sprints...2 is extremely tough and can beat you from the 30 with a strong leg....they are both very competitive. I have not seen ND, CAK and some of the others. It is a typical FRA team about 4 to 6 really good players and then several others that are solid or coming along because of youth....if you have a deep team they can be beaten...ala some previous years. ND had the better 20 players a couple of years ago and wore them down...CPA looked deeper the other night in their win over FRA.

For what its worth...if I was recruiting...I'd take 2 or 11 on my team anyday. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Seymour played FRA great for 38 minutes. FRA finally gets a goal off a ball hit over the top (I did call it). With about 30 seconds to go in the half, the unthinkable happens when a FRA girl crosses the ball and it hits off a Seymour defender trying to clear it and goes into the goal (side netting too).

Seymour was never the same in the second half. They looked tired and flustered. Lots of fouls on both sides throughout the game. Two more goals (within 5-7 minutes maybe) sealed the deal for FRA.

For the first run at state, I don't think Seymour did too badly from hearing conig. To play that tough for so long and than have a goal late against you is so tough for any athlete, but these are teenage girls, full of emotion and living the dream. They came against a very good team and lost. Never any shame in that. Nothing but pride should be felt by all in the Lady Eagle soccer family. Bobby, I know we are rivals and it can be very heated at times, but I really respect the job you and your ladies did this fall. That was the best team I have seen at seymour and I know you are moving up in classification, but you have created a foundation to excel there as well. More importantly, you have raised the expectations your girls will have in themselves as individuals and as a team. Well done Seymour!!!!