TERRIBLE CALL AGAINST BLACKMAN

headbuster

blackman lost 7-0. oakland scored on the last play of the first half on an int. return for a TD, or did they. there is proof on blackman's website that his knee was down and the ball did not cross the plain.

their website is www.bhs.rcs.k12.tn.us click athletics, click football, and then scroll down to see the picture.

this is very unfortunate for a blackman team that in my mind should be in the playoffs. the ref that called the touchdown was running in from the 50 when he "supposably" scored.

what do you guys think would have happened if he made the correct call?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blackman lost 7-0. oakland scored on the last play of the first half on an int. return for a TD, or did they. there is proof on blackman's website that his knee was down and the ball did not cross the plain.

their website is www.bhs.rcs.k12.tn.us click athletics, click football, and then scroll down to see the picture.

this is very unfortunate for a blackman team that in my mind should be in the playoffs. the ref that called the touchdown was running in from the 50 when he "supposably" scored.

this is probably true based on a couple of oakland friends that were standing on that side of the goal line...and the ref was runnning in from afar...

but...blackman had their chances during the year to make sure they were in the playoffs...and did not get it done

the fat lady is through singing...the show is over for the blaze...although their is not alot of difference between the 4 teams that did make it and the blaze...especially siegel who is on a big down streak...but i think it's time to move on

it's wrestling season...ding...ding

No offense bad call or not, it should not have come to down to that for being the reason that Blackman missed the playoffs. Their offense played with no sense of urgency until the final 3 minutes of the game. Refs do not have the advantage of instant replay and plays happen so fast, where a split-second decision is warranted. Ive been on the other side of situations like this, and believe me, its a bitter feeling.

Honestly, it would not have hurt my feelings one bit had Oakland lost and cost Siegel a chance at the playoffs (ok, Im lying maybe a little). The Stars owe us one for making sure they could back their way into a playoff spot

Just take it from a Dobyns Bennet Fan from '06 when video showed that a 1st quarter 92 yards touchdown pass was improperly called back, and a second quarter touchdown reception was incorrectly called an incompletion because the reciever was "out of bounds", sometimes the football gods just dont look to kindly on some of us. it happens. life moves on. trust me.

Oakland would have scored on the nextplay, or at least kicked a field goal...score 3-0. you scored 0 points. you lost..time to move on. I'm always looking forward to nextyear hoping we don't stink it up. The eternal Red Raider optimist.

Oakland would have scored on the nextplay, or at least kicked a field goal...score 3-0. you scored 0 points. you lost..time to move on. I'm always looking forward to nextyear hoping we don't stink it up. The eternal Red Raider optimist.

Actually the int was made with no time left, so in truth, it would have stayed 0-0.

it is apparent that you were not at the game...

might want to check the context before you post...

but it is sort of funny...since there was no next play until after the half... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually the int was made with no time left, so in truth, it would have stayed 0-0.

Whatever...Oakland won...let's all just beat a dead horse. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

it is apparent that you were not at the game...

might want to check the context before you post...

but it is sort of funny...since there was no next play until after the half... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No I wasn't at the the game, and after re-reading the post, I see my mistake. The point is that nothing is going to change the call...come back next year and do better is all you can do. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="