HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

Best of luck finding a new coach. We have been blessed to have Coach Courtney for all these years he is really one of the good people around high school football he is truly players first. If i had to suggest anything for the search find a coach will you believe to mold your players into fine young men and you will be surpirsed how that will carry over to the football field. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

P.S.

If always open for an Offensive Cord. Position just putting the word out there. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Are you looking for an O Coord position? Or is Farragut looking for and O coord? And yes you guys are blessed to have one of the best guys around as your coach. He is a class act!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage needs a Head coach first and then they can go from there. "O" coord. may be in place already. If Jon Young stays on the staff, I think he can be a pretty good "O" coord. I still have not heard who is staying and who all is going. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If Jon Young stays on the staff, I think he can be a pretty good "O" coord.

I do to Scoot. He's a good guy. Loves coaching. I think that your head coach held him back last year. I remember reading something in the paper like "we like what he brought, we'll be using some of his and some of our old stuff'.

I translate that to be that I'm the head coach and he'll do as I say...( That may or may not be true .. Just my opinion..) Seems to me if I hired a OC I'd let him run what he brought or I'd hired a different OC... I think that's what happen over at UT also....

tpoole12

Keep dreaming if you think a Maryville High Coach will leave there an come to Heritage. They would be out of their mind if they went to that school. I dont care who coaches there, Heritage will never win more than 3 games in a season. No facilites, and even worse talent. They better bring in a coach that knows nothing about Heritage High School, and has never seen them play.. Thats there best bet

Just taking a look at the proposed realignments, and Heritage has a lot more problems than speed and agility. They will be placed in a district with Maryville, WB, Farragut, Bearden, Catholic and Knox West. Not to be cynical, but where is a win in those games? A new coach will be looking at such a brutal schedule.

Actually, it's a less challenging district than the current Region 2. You mention Catholic -- they're slated for District 3, not District 4.

Region 2 -------------- District 4

Heritage ----------------- Heritage

William Blount ------------ William Blount

Farragut ----------------- Farragut

------------------------------------------- (status quo above, changes below)

Oak Ridge ---------------- Bearden

McMinn Co. -------------- West

Ooltewah ---------------- Maryville

Soddy-Daisy ------------- South-Doyle

Bradley Central ----------- Lenoir City

-------------------------- Hardin Valley

Granted, there's an extra team in the projected District 4 as compared to the current Region 2, but Heritage was already playing Maryville as a non-region game. So in a side-by-side 8-game prognostication I can imagine Heritage being very competitive in four of the District 4 match-ups (West, South-Doyle, Lenoir City, Hardin Valley), whereas in Region 2, with Soddy-Daisy being so improved, Heritage would probably only be able to consistently compete with Bradley (were that region to continue intact).

Keep dreaming if you think a Maryville High Coach will leave there an come to Heritage. They would be out of their mind if they went to that school. I dont care who coaches there, Heritage will never win more than 3 games in a season. No facilites, and even worse talent. They better bring in a coach that knows nothing about Heritage High School, and has never seen them play.. Thats there best bet

Heritage has a good practice and probably the best game field around! They have 2 weight rooms that they use so their facilities are decent. As far as no talent are you freaking crazy! Michael Cermak, Clayton shell, Andy Eldridge, Minh Tran, and Chase Cline are all good players with good talent. Im assuming the dragon fan means clinton and for the mountaineers not having any talent everytime they have faced you in a pre-season scrimage they have pretty much owned you, and as far as for the future talent at heritage. i know from the middle school they will be recieving Jake Malone who is a great hard nosed running back that is even better at defense as a linebacker and safty. his older brother was the starting center this year. Bradly Ladner will be coming in at quarter back and can throw the ball farther than any middle schooler i have seen. with the right coach he can be great. Jonah Jett has a name for the papers, a big and very fast running back who has soft hands, and lastly Keagan Matlock is a phsyco and will be a great linebacker or defensive end.

whoever takes over this team has talent there. its just can they get a guy in there that will put it all together!

GO HERITAGE!! good luck in the future!

I do to Scoot. He's a good guy. Loves coaching. I think that your head coach held him back last year. I remember reading something in the paper like "we like what he brought, we'll be using some of his and some of our old stuff'.

I translate that to be that I'm the head coach and he'll do as I say...( That may or may not be true .. Just my opinion..) Seems to me if I hired a OC I'd let him run what he brought or I'd hired a different OC... I think that's what happen over at UT also....

tpoole12

You are correct. That quote was in the paper and yes thats what it meant. "He will do as I say". If Jon ran the offense last season you would have seen a lot of different looks and different play calls. During practice, Jon would take the scout team and move the ball against the defense pretty well. He done it by changing up his play calls and keeping the defense on its heels. It was fun to watch. I hope he sticks around for a long time. I think one day he will make a good head coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will have to agree with easttnfan. Heritage does have pretty good facilities , and pretty strong talent out there. The kids are probably as strong as any team in the county, strength wise. One thing Rewis did is get them in shape with a tough work out program and great conditioning. I know for a fact some of the freshmans lift totals went up tremendously over the summer and into the fall.

As eastTNfan mentioned the talent level is there and getting better, as long as the middle school kids he mentioned sticks around. Heritage will also have several key players back next season and will add a few freshman impact type players, that should see a lot of playing time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think your right.

How are things working out down at WB with all the changes?

I think were on track... Don't get much info from junior.. TSSAA rules keep the players and coaches apart for the most part.. He's not a wealth of information anyway.. To get anything I have to interogate him.. Most of the time if he knows anything I have to drag it out of him... I guess we were the same at that age... Wheels and women... That's all thats important right now....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

I think were on track... Don't get much info from junior.. TSSAA rules keep the players and coaches apart for the most part.. He's not a wealth of information anyway.. To get anything I have to interogate him.. Most of the time if he knows anything I have to drag it out of him... I guess we were the same at that age... Wheels and women... That's all thats important right now....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

Same here, dont get any info. unless I ask. Then it's like pulling teeth. He's got his mind on basketball now. I guess I will have to wait and read it in the newspaper or an e-mail. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you know who the eastTNfan might be? He wrote some pretty good stuff in his last post and new several of the kids.