HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

Why does everyone keep talking about the past? Who cares about Jon Young! Who cares about where he goes! The one thing I do know is that we have a motivated young coach and a motivated staff! This staff loves these kids and has them fired up! Brint has a lot of great ideas. The things we need to do as a community is get behind these coaches, stay positive, support the players and challenge excuses and good things will happen! Keep up the good work Brint! You and coach Fuller have put together a great staff!

the reason for talking about the past is so that we can assess the future. it is my hope that coach russell & company have tremedous success. however, it is disappointing that the county schools keep losing home-grown coaching talent to other schools. opportunities have come up in the county schools for young coachs to advance and help teams. as scoot posted, rewis wasted a young coache's talent. great programs start with great coaches.

once again, i hope wb and hhs develop long-term success. the kids deserve it. the students deserve it. and the county deserves it.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoot,

I watched SD play Cumberland Co. last night. Trying to get a report on your scrimmage with them. How did you guys end up? SD scored once before the scrimmage had to be called due to a nasty storm. I was "underwhelmed" by CC. Just wanted your opinion?

Our scrimmage started off sloppy for both teams. Started with the 10 play and then change possesion. Our defense held them to 4th & 5 the 4th and 3 which would have been punting downs due to the field position. CC scored on a long pass a couple of downs later. We moved the ball down the field in our ten plays but failed to score. After the JV kids played a couple of series they changed it to game time situation (4 downs). We got the ball first and drove down the field and scored. Our defense played very well, I think CC only had 2 maybe 3 first downs. Our next few possesions we moved the ball but had a couple of turnovers. All & All it was productive but you could tell it was the first scrimmage of the year for both teams.

Our scrimmage started off sloppy for both teams. Started with the 10 play and then change possesion. Our defense held them to 4th & 5 the 4th and 3 which would have been punting downs due to the field position. CC scored on a long pass a couple of downs later. We moved the ball down the field in our ten plays but failed to score. After the JV kids played a couple of series they changed it to game time situation (4 downs). We got the ball first and drove down the field and scored. Our defense played very well, I think CC only had 2 maybe 3 first downs. Our next few possesions we moved the ball but had a couple of turnovers. All & All it was productive but you could tell it was the first scrimmage of the year for both teams.

Thanks for the update. SD scored on the first play of the scrimmage (great individual effort by RB) and then moved the ball sporadically. CC has no offense. Look forward to seeing you play week 1 at SD

• 1 month later...

We're getting closer to kick-off the 2009 season. I really like what I am seeing at the foothills of the smokies. I like seeing 70 young men at 6:00 a.m. running and lifting. Coach Waters is a work horse and expects the same from the players. I loved seeing 60 to 70 kids at the football camp for K-8th grade. That is were it all begins. Nice job Coach Russell! I love the enthusiasm I seen when chatting with the coaches after the camp! All in all I am ready to lace em up and kick this season off! GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

We're getting closer to kick-off the 2009 season. I really like what I am seeing at the foothills of the smokies. I like seeing 70 young men at 6:00 a.m. running and lifting. Coach Waters is a work horse and expects the same from the players. I loved seeing 60 to 70 kids at the football camp for K-8th grade. That is were it all begins. Nice job Coach Russell! I love the enthusiasm I seen when chatting with the coaches after the camp! All in all I am ready to lace em up and kick this season off! GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself.......I know we havevnt even played a game yet but I am so excited about this season. The kids have been working so hard and the coaches have been prepairing them so well. I hope all of the preparation shows on the field. I have never seen a Heritage team work so hard in the off season as this team has so far. Good luck Mountaineers, lets start the season off with a good BEAVER beaten..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO MOUNTAINEERS...................

Couldn't have said it any better myself.......I know we havevnt even played a game yet but I am so excited about this season. The kids have been working so hard and the coaches have been prepairing them so well. I hope all of the preparation shows on the field. I have never seen a Heritage team work so hard in the off season as this team has so far. Good luck Mountaineers, lets start the season off with a good BEAVER beaten..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO MOUNTAINEERS...................

Scoot -

Gotten to talk to a couple of your coaches in the last few weeks around town. These guys seem committed, fired-up and most importantly seem like quality men as well.

Glad to hear things seem on the up and up out towards Townsend.

These guys have a plan. It will take a couple of years for the plan to fully develop but I think we'll surprise a few teams this year. Great philosophies and coaching strategies. The enthusiasm is very contagious! I can't wait to take the trip down Pellissippi to kick some Beaver tail! GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work CBR!!!!