HERITAGE MOUNTAINEERS FOOTBALL

scoot91

What do we know about these new coaches? I think this could be a really good year for this program! Seems like a lot of excitement around the program. A great group of kids out there.....they deserve to have some success! I truly hope all goes well for those kids!

I agree that heritage does deserve success. all the kids have worked hard and we've been the laughing stock of blount county for years. no team deserves to win more. however, i do not know if this will be the year. the new coaches are bringing excitement back to heritage and everyone wants to see something different than what they've seen the past few years. with all the new coaches and coach russell's ideas heritage football will be different this year. however, different does not always mean better.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that heritage does deserve success. all the kids have worked hard and we've been the laughing stock of blount county for years. no team deserves to win more. however, i do not know if this will be the year. the new coaches are bringing excitement back to heritage and everyone wants to see something different than what they've seen the past few years. with all the new coaches and coach russell's ideas heritage football will be different this year. however, different does not always mean better.

Actually......in this case it does mean better.

I will agree, from everthing I have seen so far, it is better. As for winning and turning things around, I don't expect it to happen over night but I do expect it to happen. It will happen.

I like the approach the new coaches are taking and the work ethic they put forth. If they can keep it up, only good things will happen.

Two more weeks til Spring Practice. I can't wait.....GO MOUNTAINEERS....

how do you know it means better? they haven't even been through spring practice yet. i've heard good things about the weight program, but if they can't get them to transfer any of it over to an actuall game, it doesn't mean anything.

how do you know it means better? they haven't even been through spring practice yet. i've heard good things about the weight program, but if they can't get them to transfer any of it over to an actuall game, it doesn't mean anything.

This is a prime example of the negative attitudes that have plagued this program for years!

how is this negative? you tell me!

No one is saying that Heritage is going to win a State Championship next year...but I guarantee you they will be much better than you have seen them in many years. If you have been around that program at all you would know that negativity has taken over that school...no more! I really believe you will be surprised next year.

No one is saying that Heritage is going to win a State Championship next year...but I guarantee you they will be much better than you have seen them in many years. If you have been around that program at all you would know that negativity has taken over that school...no more! I really believe you will be surprised next year.

well since i was apart of the program for 4 years under coach rewis, i know alittle bit about the negativity thats around heritage. i guess the point i was oringally trying to make was, everyone thinks heritage is going to be alot better just because there has been a coaching change. everyone thought the same when coach rewis was brought in and i think people forget about that.

well since i was apart of the program for 4 years under coach rewis, i know alittle bit about the negativity thats around heritage. i guess the point i was oringally trying to make was, everyone thinks heritage is going to be alot better just because there has been a coaching change. everyone thought the same when coach rewis was brought in and i think people forget about that.

Look...I'm not trying to say you shouldn't have your opinion. I think it's good that you have an opinion... this means that you care. All I am saying is that DIFFERENT things are being done.. GOOD things! I'm sure that Coach Rewis did what he thought was right..just didn't work out. These kids are working so hard in the weight room as well as outside of it. Coach Russell has had great success at the programs he has been at and will have great success at Heritage as well. Confidence is a huge factor in high school football. Those kids at Heritage have lacked that confidence in the past and that soon will change. They have the athletes at that school to compete year in and year out! Winning is contagious, once those kids taste just a little of that success things will begin to come together for them. I cant wait for spring practice to begin and see what Heritage will have this year.

Well, the players have there equipment and it's about that time. Monday will be the first official day of spring practice. I have heard a lot of excitment over the past few days from the kids. They can't wait to get started with the new coaches.

The turn out for spring is the biggest number Heritage has had in along time. I heard somoone say it is about 70-75 kids. Should be a great spring?

GO MOUNTAINEERS...........